Crhistians: WORLD WIDE PRAYER ALERT FOR TODAY

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
Yes, but what about God's commandment: "Love one another". You cannot kill people, because that's against God's will.
Don't try and pull this. First, I don't kill people and it sure isn't because I think it is God's will. Second, God has killed himself and given others the power to kill for him.

...since God clearly told us that His commandment that we should always follow is to "Love one another", including our "enemies".

He also told us to kill people who poison well water. I think they'd be enemies.

And the force is faith... working through Love...:)

And the destruction that biblical God hath wrath.

Persol, we meet again. I hope you've read my other replies.

You and me are both citizens of this world. Right now, we see that we can't do anything to either avoid a war or defend ourselves against one. That's life. God did not take Christians out of life anymore than He did anybody else. We're in this together.

I'm saying this so you would have some idea of what happened in Biblical times. Those were kings and nations who were also terrorized, but they didn't have legal defenses and geographical boundaries - they literally had to fight for survival.

Today it's a little different, but it's still a question of survival and freedom. Yes, we are now more globally polically correct - because the world has become smaller, and we can't just say it's everyone for himself. This was first and very vividly demonstrated at Pearl Harbour.

Sometimes we are involved in things bigger than ourselves. God provides us a way through it, not out of it (not initially anyway), because we are after all dealing with people her, not with God. You and me both know who will be dealing the destruction, and beause we are directly witnessing it you can see it is not so easy now to blame (or credit) God for what is happening. The Bible provides us a retrospect from which we should learn. That you can't always avoid responsibility, that people will hate each other, will wage wars, and will be selfish.

And what does God say in reply? We have also terrorized, we also hate and disobey laws - whether moral or legal. By the same laws and principles we condemn them, we are also condemned. Love them iby working to avert wars, by living in ways that would minimize the damage we do to people. Because when the time comes to defend ourselves He won't take sides. He will protect what belongs to Him, and his wrath will be against those who oppose Him.

It's a good exercise to look for stories of humanity in times of war - and you will see how love finds a place even among hatred.

Q:
If we eliminate the “other people” out of your equation, will violence, hate, poverty, sickness, destruction, lust, etc. still exist?

No way, we'll at least still have lust!

Christians are the Yodas of the world!

No way! Yoda was pretty cute, kicked ass with a lightsaber and wouldn't have tasted great with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce...

Jenyar:
He will protect what belongs to Him, and his wrath will be against those who oppose Him.

Hmm, so your God is "for" murder and torture?

I think He puts up the walls. Whoever fall off trying to breach them have no-one to blame but themselves. David wouldn't kill Saul:

1 Sam. 24 This day you have seen with your own eyes how the LORD delivered you into my hands in the cave. Some urged me to kill you, but I spared you; I said, 'I will not lift my hand against my master, because he is the LORD's anointed.'

But God decides the outcome.

9 But David said to Abishai, "Don't destroy him! Who can lay a hand on the LORD's anointed and be guiltless? 10 As surely as the LORD lives," he said, "the LORD himself will strike him; either his time will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish.

You see that the emphasis is on justice, not wanton violence and murder. It is God who grants life, and therefore God who takes away life - but we are called to save lives, because we are not in a position to judge, and are saved from death ourselves.

People murder, God saves. Are we clear?

You see that the emphasis is on justice, not wanton violence and murder. It is God who grants life, and therefore God who takes away life - but we are called to save lives, because we are not in a position to judge, and are saved from death ourselves.

So Christians, members of one of the most murderous religions on earth, are called to save lives?

Interesting.

It's always comforting to call other people murderers, isn't it? Here in South Africa it was called among other things, apartheid, racism and discrimination. But I call it selfrighteousness.

We are ALL called to save lives... not just Christians. And EVERYBODY has failed at one stage or another, not just Christians. There's a difference between people who follow Christ and those who do what he says. It's like saying "those murderous Americans". Sounds familiar?

Originally posted by Jenyar
People murder, God saves. Are we clear?

uhhh
Soddom and Gomhorra.
The Great Flood.
Death of all the first born males in Egypt.
etc etc

By the way...
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

prophecy

SYLLABICATION: proph·e·cy
PRONUNCIATION: prf-s
NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. proph·e·cies (-sz)
1a. An inspired utterance of a prophet, viewed as a revelation of divine will. b. A prediction of the future, made under divine inspiration. c. Such an inspired message or prediction transmitted orally or in writing. 2. The vocation or condition of a prophet. 3. A prediction.
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English prophecie, from Old French, from Latin prophta, from Greek prophteia, from prophts, prophet. See prophet.

So you concede that natural disasters, human conflict and death are all in God's hands?

So you concede that natural disasters, human conflict and death are all in God's hands?

When did I say that?

No, I am saying that the Christian idea of who God is is a murderer.

These things were supposedly (according to Christian lore) done by God.

So, yes, according to Christianity God is a murderer.

According to Christians, God is a saviour.

The flood: Noah and his family was spared
Sodom and Gomorrah: Lot and his family was spared
Egypt: The Israelites were spared
a normal court on earth: the innocent is spared, the guilty punished.

If I go into a bank and shoot everybody but a little old lady I'm not a saviour.

As for the response "He brought them into this world he can take them out" assume all the people in the bank are my kids/grandkids.

Last edited:
According to Christians, God is a saviour.

so all the animals and children who drowned in Great flood were sinners??

For all we know... but I wouldn't know whether God welcomed some of them into heaven after they drowned. Death isn't final, after all. But clearly God felt that the situation was unbearable. But He didn't destroy Noah because he believed. And God did save the animals too.

Let me put it this way, argueably God would have been even more merciful if He just wiped everything out and started over - we would have been none the wiser and there would be nothing for us to complain about. Except: we are the people who were saved, get it?.

Persol - was it your bank, with people you created? That's why the argument doesn't hold for people - that's why we have no right to take any life.

""The land of the free and the home of the brave" is not an ideology?"

No. It's propaganda.

"Persol - was it your bank, with people you created? That's why the argument doesn't hold for people - that's why we have no right to take any life."

By that logic, a woman may kill her child.

Oh ok, if you wanna get specific a man can grab one arm and a woman can grab the other and they can tear their child in 2. Thats fine is it? As long as they both take part?
:rolleyes:

Back