Cool Pics by a Sf member

I like the white background, the black is hard on the eyes, especially if you try to read

Enmos could you add RSS to your blog so I know when you add new pics? :p

I've heard more people say that. However the majority thinks black looks better, especially for a photo website.
I have been thinking of toning down the bright white text a bit.. that might help a bit I guess.
Anyway, I think I'll stick with the black background. Thanks for your input though :)

RSS feed ?lol
I'm still just using plain old html.. I wish I knew how to write php though.

looks real good. i have always been partial to dark backgrounds so i would go with the second layout. But then not necessarily but something slightly higher up on the grey scale.:cool:

i typed 444444 into google and got this: http://www.colorcombos.com/444444-hex-color

I have something like that in my current layout as a background.
I'm sticking with black for now though. Look at my previous post about toning down the bright white text. That might also do the trick.
Thanks for your opinion :)

gray or black.
icon14.gif

the white seems too cold\stark. but then it all depends if you are looking for a mored media oriented or more science oriented feel. not sure why white is so prevelant on the web. seems to me to be a throwback to white paper and black type.:shrug:

Oh how lovely. :)

I love the greens, what insect is this?

Have you considered making a coffee table book with your pictures and publishing it? You could do several on the themes in your blog.

They are Green Dock Beetles (Gastrophysa viridula). The little fuckers..

People have been saying that sort of stuff yea.. I guess I'm lazy :p
Truth is that I have hardly been shooting the last 2-3 years :(

I'd buy that book, SAM.

Wow...the colors in that photo are so brilliant and beautiful, it made me forget I was looking at two bugs fucking.

Edit:

That reminds me of a joke.

A young native American boy approached his father and asks him: "Father, from where do I get my name?"

The father replied "After your grandfather was born, the first thing his father saw was an eagle flying in the sky...and so he named his son "Soaring Eagle". When I was born, the first thing my father saw was a deer running through the forest, and he gave me the name "Running Deer". Does this answer your question, son?"

The son replied: "Yes, father."

"Good, now go finish your chores, Two Dogs Humping." :)

Hehe nice one Mac :p

Ok, that's two customers. I'll put you guys down for 10 books each, how does that sound ? :D

gray or black.
icon14.gif

the white seems too cold\stark. but then it all depends if you are looking for a mored media oriented or more science oriented feel. not sure why white is so prevelant on the web. seems to me to be a throwback to white paper and black type.:shrug:

You mean the background right, not the text ?

Mr. Bug is impossibly lovely! Good job, Enmos!

It's a female (or perhaps a juvenile) Libellula depressa (Broad-bodied Chaser). There were loads of them out to today.

Edit: I found the picture, so it's coming your way :)
But I'm at a friends house now, so I'll PM it to you tomorrow when you're online.

i think insects are disgusting.
other than their bodies being remarkable feats of engineering i consider most of them loathsome.

(Stands up and claps..raising a lighter in the air.)

Wow Enmos...you done out-did 'urself. I think that's the best pic I've seen from you for overall quality. You can really tell the difference with the new camera. The clarity and crispness of the details is much better. Geez..it looks right out of National Geographic.

and I'm not blowing smoke up yer chimney...that's some really fine work. Now if I get you to switch over to taking pictures of boobs. :)

There must be a reason for it ?
you just love digging at me on the subjective don't you enmos? :)
weeeeeeeelllll fuuuuuuuuuck. let's see.
very few insect have lips.
ever get a good close up video of an insect chewing their food?
Yes, lets hope so :D
i base my observation on tests carried out at hiroshima and other a-bomb test sites. insects were the first forms of life to appear and survive the radiation.

bugs are pretty cool but they are ugly. for me it is that they are crunchy that gets to me. as i stated before, i would look to ways to see if we can do away with some and trim the herd a little.

Back