Addictions substance & behaviours

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by RainbowSingularity, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

In response to your posts, it's hardly surprising.

I'm happy to learn more about steroid addiction. I could google it myself and probably find out more about it in two minutes than you have managed to provide in this thread you've started that you say is about it.

Maybe at some stage you'll start to provide some reliable information. But so far, as I noted previously, all you have managed to do is to speculate about some guy you were stalking watching the other day, and then you started making stuff up about the Pistorius case.

No. It's all good.

Okay, let's pick up the discussion from here:
    You refer to "my question". Please remind me: what is your question about people who use steroids for muscle building and then become addicted?

You also mention a model. Which model?

And you mention probable cause and effect. You're saying steroid addiction causes something? What does it cause?

You seem concerned about fatal outcomes. Can you please explain what you're talking about, and why you're concerned?

Not yet. Did you?

No. We have a site policy banning the use of sock puppets. It would be rather hypocritical of me to use a sock puppet, in that case, would it not?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

and the curtain closer

you refuse to read about the subject
    say you don't know anything about it
    demand to have me answer your questions
    then refuse to read any information i post
    then say i have not posted anything that solves your problem
    then tell me its all my fault

your pattern of deliberate intentional psychological abuse is now quite clear & detailed
    did you think you could groom me to be another victim in my thread ?
    hows that working out ?

interesting to read that comment by a member who alleged you did this precise thing to them
    to which you denied
    im not sure if you have lost yourself into the game others expect you to play or you have lost yourself inside your own desire to act out your need to oppress others.
    but its clearly evident in your interaction in this thread that you have no interest or intent to scientifically engage in the subject
    instead just act as a thread killer swamping the thread with falsely tilted accusatory emotionally tainted content as some type of Ego drama.

what ever issues you have going on that drive you to this
    i suggest you start to work on.

This thread moved to site feed back
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/q-reeuss-feedback-original-title-intellectual-humility.164017/

im not sure its malevolent in precise nature
    but your addiction to the behaviour pattern to assert some type of personal reward is probably not your ideal version of what you want yourself to be.
    addictive behaviour cycles are very complex in reality
    and multi leveled

you have walked into a thread about addictive behaviours
    and thrown yourself about quite a bit.

but you refuse to read on the thread subject

im guessing you have some personal investment in suppressing the discussion around steroids for some reason as well as addictions.

to the readers who have bothered to keep up
    you will notice i attempted to bring the thread back on topic

did james go away and do some reading on the subject and come back and engage ?
    or just continue trolling ?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

RainbowSingularity:

I thought you might like to discuss the putative topic of this thread, which you started.

Apparently, you want to discuss my psychological motivations, instead.

Should we start a separate thread for you, like the one I started for Q-reeus to vent in?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i think your intent is obvious now
    your intent is to thread kill & troll & turn the thread into an emotional ego drama to suppress the science.

you seem to be hell bent on some type of power trip while your at it, which is a pretty poor level as it is.

what is your intention ?

obviously not to discuss the subject because you have said you dont know anything & have not read anything
    and then you blame me for not educating you.

= troll !
    some very unpleasant indicators flashing up there for you

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

*sigh*

I'll leave you to it, RainbowSingularity.

You're not making much sense.

9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

it appears clearly in this thread that scientific discussion is hammered by you into submission
    and appears quite clear that scientific discussion is simply not welcome on this website.
    instead it is actively repressed by spinning the thread into Ego debates & by constant trolling by a small number of members.

it appears there is only around 5 to 10 active members
    half of which troll
    the other half know better than to bother

no wonder there is no one capable of discussing psychology, all those people would have left long ago.
    now its a small group of right winger Americans bullying thread directions & suppressing & harassing those who enter the debate like some blooding process to hammer them into submission.

you killed the web site, just like you wanted & intended.

10. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Normally I would do my mod note in my usual dark red. But given ... this ... it could not actually compete.

The premise of your thread, ie, your OP, was not based on a scientific discussion. Instead it was based on your belief that some guy is addicted to steroids and, I quote:

What it came down to was idle gossip about some guy you apparently spent time observing.

Your so called 'scientific discussion' (and I use the term sarcastically here) can be found towards the end of your OP, after you finished with your gossip about this man (astonishingly, you declared what you believe he was doing was none of your business, but you seem to have spent way too much time watching this person and then went online to gossip about his movements to your beliefs about his sexuality), you then declare that the thread is about addiction and steroid addiction (segue be damned!):

You had a good opportunity to actually have a scientific discussion about steroid addiction.

Normally they go along the lines of doing some research, linking some studies and/or articles about steroid addiction and their affects - mentally and physically, long and short term.

You could have addressed the different types of steroids easily available to people, from those who wish to bulk up to those who are required to take steroids for treatment of a medical condition - all of which can lead to addiction. Links such as this, as a prime example:

No no. Instead, we got a story about you watching this man for way too long, and you coming online to tell us things about this man and then a few lines asking our thoughts on steroid addiction...

So, no.. You don't get to lecture anyone about anyone 'hammering scientific discussion' after that OP.

If you wish to discuss steroid addiction, then start a thread to actually discuss it. Minus the rubbish gossip. Do some research about steroid addiction and the types, affects, longevity, treatments, withdrawal, etc. Post some actual links to papers, studies.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.