A world with a loving God.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Nov 2, 2019.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

In some places it has. There are a lot of villages in Africa that have decent wells and pumps now. It often doesn't change their lives very much, but it makes things a little easier.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

your meaningless reply indicates you can offer no reply that addresses the simple question in the op ... I understand you have nothing and I have embarrassed you by pointing out that obvious fact.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Wonderful, someone with a worse memory then me. I said "Let's pretend God doesn't exit" meaning, let's draw the line and deal with the actual problem. Humans.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, 30 years paying, that's just me. The UK at least 30 million in the UK saw the liveaid concert and threw money at the problem, and it went on for 30 years. They could cover the moon in water pumps for the money that must have passed through these wonderful charity peoples hands.

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Now that's better a little more respectful...thank you.
    Alex

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Thank you Dave.
    It’s amazing how some of these guys lack common sense.
    Too much Darwin stew!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Not one creature is left to starve.
    All starvation is down to us.

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Nooooo! It’s not a good point. Don’t encourage him.

Starvation is a human problem.
    God has provided us with everything all creatures need, free of charge. And this is what we do with it.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Gosh! You’re so arrogant.
    Because not not everybody accepts your religion, you label them as ignorant, even other scientists?
    Lay off the darwin stew mate, it’s messing with you.

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Boohoo!!!

ps. We need more emojis.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don’t think it matters whether you doubt them or not. Only a handful would seriously care, because it makes no difference to most people’s lives.
    Yes.
    We don’t see Darwin’s ideas in action. We have to take the modern priests (pop scientists)word for it.

“Love evolved because homo sapien realised it would a better model for blah! blah! blah!
    It’s all nonsense. It’s time to grow up.
    We have every reason not to accept. It’s a fairytale for adult atheists.
    Atheists always bring up the Catholic Church acceptance of it, as if to say “look it’s not an atheist thing”. But it very much is an atheist belief.
    If you are into science as much as you say you are, then you should be more thorough. Rather than just spouting dumb, atheist cliches, like “which god”.
    You should notice that when theist talk about the Almighty God, they use upper-“G”, and when talking about the numerous, lesser gods they use the lower case “g”. You don’t have to be a theist to respect that.
    You should also realise that there can only be one God. You should note what the characteristics of that God is, whether you believe in God or not. This way you can know that people are referring to the one God.
    If you were really into science, you would look at everything objectively, instead of just taking sides.
    So excuse if I’m currently a bit skeptical of your love of science. But we’ll see how you carry on in future.
    You sound reasonable, and I hope you are being truthful, But you have to stop with the dumb atheist cliches, in order to convince me.
    We have enough of those types on here. Too much darwin stew if you ask me.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Calling science a religion is just... well, really dumb.

And, to say that the "religion" is messing with me and that I'd better lay off as if it's a bad thing, what does that say about your religion?

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Why then, if starvation is a human problem, did God not give us directions and guidelines on how to feed everyone considering he gave us guidelines on how to hate gays, keep slaves and kill our children when they disobey, free of charge? Funny how you just ignore stuff in the Bible when it suits your purpose.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, too bad we don't have emojis for hypocrisy.

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Never said science was a religion.
    It says that my religion kicks you religions a$$ everyday of the week except Saturdays. Give your religion a chance to have a disco.

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Most of us have a conscience. When God was handing them out, you were probably too busy stealing Darwin stew out of the pantry.
    But for most of us, people starving, is immoral.
    No one, no matter their circumstance, should have to starve to death.
    IOW, it’s already within us to help those who are helpless.

21. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Dave, I'm sure there are '' true spiritual people'' organising and delivering these things to the needy. And, I'm sure they have been doing it longer than 30 years for other forms of help. Don't be too hard on them.

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Darwin's ideas? Which ones are these? The theory of the evolution of life arose because of his excellent perception and observation. Some modifications over the years but its still the same theory, or actually now fact due to the preponderance of evidence.
    This is a science forum Jan and as such all claims need to run the gauntlet of the scientific method. Yours so far fail dismally, and let me add if you want to be treated with respect [which I'm trying to do] stop making childish dumb statements re evolution being a fairy tail. It's a fact.
    Ahhh, I think I get it! All the other gods are myth but your god is the real honky dory fair dinkum real one!! Is that what you want me and others to believe?
    As an amateur my love of science does not mean I'm infallible, and whether your skeptical of that fact or not matters SFA to me.
    And with regards to "taking sides" all you need to do is come up with some bit of evidence showing that this big wide universe we inhabit and the fart arse little blue orb we all live on, is somehow part of a great design and I'll consider it, OK?
    I hope I am reasonable and yes sometimes these atheistic cliches align with the truth which hurts particularly when that truth deflates the belief someone has held for years.
    I know all the types we get here. I have crossed swords with many of them on different subjects, that have tried to bully their nonsense in place of science.

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

He did. You can feed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. Make sure it's a boy who delivers them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeding_the_multitude
    Yep, if only we did not ignore the Bible, all would be well.

(Q) likes this.