A nerd dating site?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Pzzaboy, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malisha Registered Senior Member

hey Pzzaboy,
    I know what your saying, it would be a good bonus to find someone that shares similar intrests but i mean if they where nice, caring .. bla bla bla, everything besides being a computer geek but still respected what you do and why you have to spend so much time in fron of the computer, you would pass down the chance at trying to do something with this person ?

Oh and pzzaboy, im not trying to have an argument, if you still disagree then its cool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

I know that you're not trying to start an argument. I spend so much time here because I don't have a life, so much knowledge on the internet and so little time. And believe me just being interested in computers isn't enough, she must be all the things you listed. And as long as she's cool with computers and she was all the other things, I'd be fine.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ender Registered Senior Member

???

rather strange

seems to me that a lot of "cyber bunnies" don't really get any kicks out out the common techno dork. Befor we try to snag on we need to show them that there is something worth getting into. Also thanks to malisha for the advice sorta junks.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Those types of chicks do exist (computer nerds) unfortunately, the ones I know are all somewhat undesirable. Maybe Pollux finds these types of ladies 'Babelicious', but I hear on the east coast, babes arent as abundant as here, so he may be deprived enough.......

well anyway, I agree with porf on this one, I dont want a girl who's a nerd. Everyone needs contrast in their lives. I wouldnt go barhopping to find my babe, cause like stryder said, they are undesirable too.

I'd prefer one who knows how to use a computer vs one who didnt, but all the same.

BTW where do you ski xelios. Fortress is the best.

8. jennywenny Registered Member

Well, I was browsing the board and decided to register and provide a point of view from a female. I am a computer nerd. I don't however spend all of my waking hours at the keyboard. I have to sit at one all week long at the "job" so on the weekends I work out, hike and of course play a few hours of computer games. My gripe is that some of you guys are saying that you cannot find a "computer babe" but in my experience the guys who want babes could make paint peel just by looking at it. I just don't think people should expect qualities in other people that they themselves cannot offer. Ok, I've made my point, I'll shut up now.

For the first and last time,

Jenny W. Enny

P.S. Porfiry: Don't wait for someone to change your life for you, if you do you will be waiting forever. Grow a spine and use it.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Great post! I hope it isn't the last time we hear from you.

10. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Computers are miserable things. What could possibly interest women in them??

Wow. You were able to perceive my lack of a spine from the two posts I made in this thread. That's some penetrating insight! I'll just go crawl back under by bed where I can entertain myself...

alone...

all alone...

11. Ping? Registered Member

Hi All of you,

I just discovered this thread and I'm pretty interested in the subject. See, I'm one of these rare chicks that just really go for a guy that can code and has a nerdy shynes to him.. and a brain the size of a planet.

So where are these nerdy dating sites? I use a Danish dating site normally, but all the geeks have vanished, probably annoyed by all the hip brainless guys they were competing with... so now what do I do?

12. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Maybe "geeks" (i dont like that word) strangly as it may sound, are afraid of online contact, because they fear getting burned or even worse getting toyed with, are you setting bait

btw. velkommet til sciforums, where selfproclaimed inteligence explores the depths of stupidity, stay a while its can be quite entertaining

13. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Real Nerds do not want to date.

...i.e., if you want to date, you're a poser, Pzza!

14. RickyH Valued Senior Member

That was the beauty of grunge music. Up until the cool kids made it a cool thing. We were happier being losers, dating hot chicks. Tell the "cool kids" ruined the loser life style for us. But I say we bring back grunge music, only more violently, we shun the jocks and emo kids.

Make them feel ashamed of who they are. But it will go the same as last time.

15. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

AH, the nerds get the hot chicks. Oh boy, you never hear about the hot guys going out with nerds, do you?
    Some nerds at my school are better looking then the jocks and all. So it depends. I perfer the nerds actually. I have really good conversations with a lot of them and they are really nice to me. When I date guys who are kind of more on the nerdy side, I usually have better relatioships with them. Because A) they want to be friends with you still when you break up with them. B) A lot of them are funny C) you can talk more to them and have less of a physical relationship and more of a meaningful one.
    So yeah...those nerds...*sigh*

16. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

What! Like everyone likes to date.

17. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Real Nerds (TM) wouldn't do anything so social! People would start talking. People would start doubting. Maybe nerds are human after all?

It would ruin everything Real Nerds have worked for these past fifty years.

18. donnybrook89 Registered Member

There actually is a dating site for geeks. It's called Geek 2 Geek and it's pretty good. Also has the top ten reasons why geeks (or nerds) make the best lovers.

19. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Well, I suppose it depends. I've heard of some jocks dating the "nerdy girls". But few and far between.

Thats cool you prefer nerds.

Very true as well. I guess it could be that a "nerd has a growing respect for women.

20. nazsmith Registered Member

I won't let this thread die

Anyway, I was doing a google search to see if there are sites to find intelligent females to date*. Thanks to whoever posted the geek 2 geek link. I've found this thread interesting and a manifestation of what many of us think.
    BTW, it's easy to be a cool nerd. "Cool" people have quite visible rules about what norms they expect one to have to be considered "cool." High school is the best to be a cool nerd because high schoolers are very predictable & their standards of "a cool person" change little over time.
    *The difficulty is finding an intelligent attractive female. And it just hit me: if I was an intelligent attractive female, who would I date? A gazillionaire, of course, and take half of his money after the divorce. It only makes sense that intelligent attractive females can get what they want, and be smart enough to actually know what they want. Oh well, guess I'll settle with debating topics with internet folk and limiting my personal life conversations to TV programs . . .

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Not True, intelligent women know that there is more to life than money and power and are rarely attracted by it. Added to which they are more than capable of making their own.

Intelligent women seek intelligent males, sensitive, charming and witty. Bank balance is only important if their own intelligence cannot meet their own needs.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Further more, what sort of relationship will you both have if you are both on pc all day/night? What about sex? romance? entertainment? Fun?

23. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Cybersex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.