A Short History of the Israeli - Palestinian Conflict: Past Is Prologue

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

For those of you who are interested in the facts of this tragic ongoing conflict, and to better understand the dynamics and disinformation at play, here is a brief overview of the main points.

(excerpt above - read more: http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/)

This piece sheds clear factual light on much of the myths created to legitimize what is an abhorrent apartheid regime. Any comments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That was just the latest step in a conflict that has been ongoing for the last 5000 years. Expect 5000 more.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not really true that this is a conflict that has lasted 5,000 years, it's origins are relatively recent.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think it really is. Even before there was a Jewish faith there was conflict.

StrawDog do you live in Israel or Palestine? Are you a Muslim or a Jew? If you are a Muslim living in America and support the cause of the Palestinian people, do you also support removing your arse off my people's land. The Native Americans? Should all Muslims leave the USA, NZ, AU, etc...? You know, as a show of solidarity with Palestinians?

How many Palestinians have been killed in the last 15 years? Is it even close the 3 million Koreans who have starved to death? Probably not, yet they don't pop up on the radar - they are not Muslim.

If you live in Palestine then yeah, I imagine you support the Palestinians. If you live in Israel and are a Jew - I imagine you support them.

Expect 5000 more.

8. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Conflict and human nature go hand in hand.
    Where exactly is your peoples land?

This topic is on the Palestinians. You are free to start a Korean thread.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Did any other leader in history care wether their power over territory was gained legitimately? No. Should we give back Texas because we shamelessly took it from Mexico? (or California, or Cuba) Israel is a sovereign state and as such has the right to protect it's people. It is the home of millions of Jews, Muslims, and Christians. It was established during a time of great crisis, and these desperate people did take steps we might consider immoral in retrospect, but they felt what they were doing was right.

10. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

1. Did you even read the piece?
    2. Feel free to debate any point in the piece.

3. And today after retrospective immorality, they feel it is RIGHT to slaughter 1300 people?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

My view is that Israel's response to being attacked with missiles was appropriate. Hamas has put Israel in a difficult position, and it's unreasonable to assume that Israel will somehow undo it's own creation. Palestinians are sacrificing their own children for some real estate the size of Rhode Island. Beyond the history if it's establishment, both sides now have to look past the history of 50 years ago and decide what is best for their future.

12. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

I am sorry to hear that you hold that view. But that is your perogative.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If you had read the piece you would understand why Hamas engages in resistance.

I don`t think its up to you or any one of us to moralize on the extent or value of the land in question. It, unfortunately, is all they have. The choice bits have already been stolen.

Yes, unconditionally, and with ALL parties at the table.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Explain that to Hamas, and then filter their answer through the Islamic ethic of Hudna, Taqiyya, Kitman, and then tell us just how much faith we can place in Hamas and it word.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

After reading this and the last 10 million threads like it: I expect nothing less than 5000 more years of continuous conflict or genocide. Once the Muslim population gets about 50/50 with the Jewish then the real blood letting will begin. Both people take their religion seriously and both religions ultimately instruct them to hate and murder one another. You can't teach children to hate and not expect them to murder. It's really that simple.

4999 more to go

15. p-brane Registered Senior Member

And that is indeed precisely what palestinian children are taught in all schools as a part of the standard curriculum. This sort of thing is of course illegal in israel, as it is in any liberal western democracy. It would also be politically impossible since a fifth of the israeli population is arab, though there is quite a bit of discrimination in other ways towards this part of the population.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Actually Texas seceeded from mexico and than joined the United States shortly afterwards because of America's help.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Uh, the Arabs did get a homeland at Partition. It was called Palestine. There was a tiny war thereafter where the Arabs invaded Israel and then got run off, which may explain why there was some interruption in the assumption of Palestine. Please tell me that this was already known to you.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Get? It was theirs. And they did not agree to the Partition of their land into a Jewish state. In fact, they were not even consulted.

The assumption of the Jewish state on Palestinian land was the interruption.

But we are not really talking about past problems are we? We are talking about an ongoing and continuous repression and expulsion of people based on their not being Jewish enough to live on their own land. An ongoing theft of private land which is being populated by Jewish foreigners at an increasing, never ending cost to the indigenous population.

Why are Jews still taking compensation for the Holocaust?

The Muslims and Christians are at a sufferance. While any Jew anywhere in the world can become a citizen of the state. How many Muslims and Christians are accorded this privilege, inspite of being indigenous to the land?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a more or less fair split. And, since there were Jews living there from time immemorial, it was their land too.

Errr...499000 / (499000 + 438000) does not equal 32%, but rather 53%,which is about how much land they got. The Palestinians got less of the Negev for their population there....but the Negev also sucks.

It was the only way to have peace, though. Otherwise it would just have been constant civil war.

How many Arab Israelis are denied citizenship again?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not the ones who moved there from Russia. Just because I am Muslim and may have some Arab blood from 2000 years ago does not give me "right to land" in Arabia.

Recent immigrants do not count as living there since time immemorial. Besides, I do not trust Israeli narratives in wikipedia.

http://israelipalestinian.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=636#sources1

Genocide for peace?

Currently about 5 million native refugees who are denied the right to return to their land and have been replaced by foreigners who were only taken in because they were Jews.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Or, any other Arabs who have conquered the lands they now occupy.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What would be so great for the Palestinians about moving to Israel? There isn't anything there for them, they would be starting over as a new kind of refugee.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It worked pretty well for the Jews after 2000 years. They started making aliya to a foreign land in the 1800s based on a fantasy. At least, for the Palestinians, they really are coming to the place where their grandparents are buried. Such arguments from pro-Israelis are really weird, why don't they apply them to the Jews?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTcKHIikxbE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.