A Short History of the Israeli - Palestinian Conflict: Past Is Prologue

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hello General Spidey,

So rabin was wrong then????????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exeter Registered Senior Member

Peace Activist? And where do you get your facts, the ones that you take out of all proportion? Read the history as it is, not out of your own agenda. And people wonder why your kind are so ignorant. What a waste. And by the way, you sound like just another nasty mouth tart of the inferior past.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Can you be more specific?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

No I meant that general Rabin was not a peace activist.

apologies for the foul mouthed posts............ Not really related to sciforums but i do like to take my stress out on the boards!!

Oh and btw i dont have an agenda, ask Buffalo!!!

8. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

does this help spidey?

Was the 1967 war defenisve?

"I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to The Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it." Yitzhak Rabin, Israel's Chief of Staff in 1967, in Le Monde, 2/28/68

Did the Egyptians actually start the 1967 war, as Israel originally claimed?

"The former Commander of the Air Force, General Ezer Weitzman, regarded as a hawk, stated that there was 'no threat of destruction' but that the attack on Egypt, Jordan and Syria was nevertheless justified so that Israel could 'exist according the scale, spirit, and quality she now embodies.'...Menahem Begin had the following remarks to make: 'In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.' "Noam Chomsky, "The Fateful Triangle."

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Egypt's president Nasser expelled the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) from the Sinai Peninsula in May 1967.[7]

Egypt amassed 1,000 tanks and nearly 100,000 soldiers on the Israeli border
    [9] and closed the Straits of Tiran to all ships flying Israeli flags.

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey Buffalo,

I hope all is well with you

So rabin was wrong then????

Also closing the Straits of Tiran was no big deal, Just like the ISrael blockading Gaza, by land sea and Air is no big deal i guess!!

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

All is well, and the weather sucks.

Not quite Zak, Israel wasn't launching rocket daily into Egypt, or sending suicide bombers in to Egyptian Markets, and Pizza Parlors, and on Egyptian Busses, murdering innocent Egyptian children.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Except that all the Palestinians who did not run away had been pushed into Gaza [except for the minority to be used as labour] and the West Bank, whose area became smaller after 1967, miraculously also giving Israel access to all the water aquifers and anyone who tried to return home was shot dead

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Question: since the Zionist conspiracy you allege began in 1915, why were these militia being trained in 1905? Perhaps they had some pertinent reason for wanting to defend themselves? An overabundance of "unity", perhaps. And from what interesting site - no doubt - have you garnered this information?

Name one nation that has acquired the territory of another since 1900 and then given it back of their own accord.

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Oh geoffy thats hardly makes it ok does it??

no problems then - so why isnt israel forced to give it back?

15. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Buffalo

how r things???

and neither was Egypt enforcing a total blackade, via land, air and sea and enforcing an econcomic blockade to make the Gazans a lot slimmer as advocated by one of the ministers of the kenesett (cant remember the dudes name)

16. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Rebuilding Gaza to Raze It Again

The sad irony of the circus in Gaza.

At a recent International meeting on the re building of Gaza.
    by Uri Avnery

(http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/channels/avnery/1236365223/)
    (http://gush-shalom.org/)

Sad, sad, sad. Any comments?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Same ole, same ole

Imagine the Nazis demanding the Jews recognise their right to exist.

Putting it in the hands of the corrupt PA gives it to the thieving Israelis of course, who have been using Palestinian funds to build the walls and roads supposedly for the Palestinians but somehow they eventually end up used by the Jewish settlers.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1070450.html

18. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

That seems like an unusual statement to me. For a start the Nazis were a political party, not an religion, not an ethnicity, not a nationality but simply a political party.
    I have never heard of any Jews or Israelis calling for the extermination of all Germans (although now that I've said that I'm sure you'll whip out some obscure nut-job from somewhere.)

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Zak, think. Who else has given territory captured in war back at all? Who made them do so?

It's the usual sort of propaganda. It avoids the fact that the Jews bought their land (which was indeed mostly empty), were attacked (shades of Malmo!) and took steps to defend themselves. It confounds the timeline to the best advantage of anti-Semites. Not that all such critics are anti-semites; just the most vocal, usually.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But Egypt is still not leaving the boarders wide open are they?, they are tightly controlling the Boarders with Gaza even to this day, and only allowing so much in and very little out.

Just look at the situation a year ago, Hamas blew up the Boarder Fence with Egypt, and Egypt has now replaced it and cut the free flow across the Boarder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.