Hate Speech on Sciforums

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by S.A.M., Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I have received several warnings about racism against Jews. I have also noted that members have been banned for making pejorative statements against the Jewish community and their posts have been modified to delete such statements. However, complaints about similar statements against Muslims have been ignored and pejorative statements against Christians and theists continue unabated.

Its not just the one person who has received those warnings for racism against Jews or been banned for them.

I would like a reasonable explanation of why it is "hate speech" or "racism" to say speshul Joos [I received a warning against racism for that phrase] but "persecution complex" if Muslims are targeted and why targeting Christians and theists is not even considered as "hate speech"

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Dudette... you never stop hating. Its clear to everyone.. you might hide your attacks pretty well but your intentions are clear. Take it.

Im actually thinking removing all religious discussion from here (even though I might partake in it).. is a good idea. It makes people who would normally focus on common interests focus on common hates. I know it sometimes effects my attitude negatively.

Those discussions attract the rubbish that comes along with them. Science and religion dont go together.

Though I would be sad to miss out on the more historical and latests findings stuff.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who am I hating in this thread, specifically?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Red Herring.. good luck with your request

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. draqon Banned Banned

S.A.M. the only way to win a war is to forfeit.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I suppose unsubstantiated accusations are the new "voice of reason"

10. draqon Banned Banned

no accusation is unsubstantiated.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If that were true, there would have never been a Roman Empire after Hannibal routed them. Which means there would be no Jesus [who would kill him?] and hence no Christianity, no English language and no Senate or Republic system of government [like the one in the US for example].

Fortunately, the Romans knew better:

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
    [Ennuis, Annals, fr. XXXI, 493]

i.e. The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so.

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

You are not targeting Judaism when you say 'speshul joos'.

Nor should targeting any form of theism be considered racism.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So what exactly and who exactly am I targeting? And how is this different from targeting Muslims and Christians by those who are not banned for their pejorative statements against the Muslim ummah or the Christian belief?

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Could the kettle be any more black, Mrs. Pot? Or, will you also take that as "hate speech?"

15. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Let's see:

The stereotype goes that Jews are poor because the Nazis did all those terrible things to them, ergo Jews must get special protection.

The next stereotype goes that Muslims are uncivilized, and there is nothing wrong with criticizing the uncivilized.

The further stereotype goes that Christians are also uncivilized and thus deserve severe criticism, and those among them who are not uncivilized should willingly take up being scapegoats.
    Other, non-Abrahamic theists are mostly just in the shadow of Christians.

It's about stereotypes, and this is a reasonable explanation.

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Is saying 'all Christians are evil'...different than saying 'Christianity is evil'?

17. draqon Banned Banned

yes it is different because in "all Christians are evil" you are including the members of Sciforums who believe in Christianity and thus you are accusing them of being evil

meanwhile saying "Christianity is evil" you adress the belief/idea/concept and not its people who follow it.

18. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

What's funny is that, theologically, christians get it because they are supposed to take it with a smile.

Atheists, being holier than thou in their attitudes, at least around here, wink at most anti-theist hate speech. I'm a christian, and if I suggested that you go blow yourself up, Sam, I would most likely get fussed at for hate speech. I doubt an Atheist would receive similar treatment, because they are obviously speaking tongue-in-cheek.

Never forget, all are equal here, some are just more equal than others.

misquoted from Animal Farm by George Orwell

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sam is quick to inject copious venom into ideologies she despises, but is indignant when her ideologies are assaulted.

20. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

draqon-the male gender is evil
    I just want to see if you can demonstrate seperating yourself from the male ideology.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You and Sam are identical in that you're both unable to distinguish ideologies from people, except when it suits your agenda.

22. John99 Banned Banned

I dont see what the problem is. TBH, for the longest time i thought SAM owned the board becasue of how much this person gets away with.

23. draqon Banned Banned

no Hamtastic...the point I am trying to demonstrate here is that to win a war one must forfeit it.

So yes, male gender is evil. I am male, so I must be evil. I am however not evil, so I must not be male. I am however am male, so I must be evil, but I already demonstrated that I am not evil with this smile emoticon -->

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and I am a male...so

supernova!!! wooohoooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.