Abortion v.08.2

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Wild. No other reference in this subforum for abortion. My personal preference is no abortion under any circumstances, then again, I'm all for legalized suicide. This is not a topic for such idealism. If it came down to a vote, I'd vote in favor of abortion being legal, but that minors are not allowed to make such a decision without the input of their parents or legal guardians. That's just me of course.

Mod Note: The thread title has been adjusted; see #2002809/70 for explanation and address of prior reference.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

If you don't like abortion, why vote to make it legal?

Anyway, I vote "no" unless the mother's life is in danger.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I vote for the right to choose for yourself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

So no abortions? Because the baby can't choose for itself.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

to keep it safe. Women are gonna have abortions whether its legal or not. Fewer women die if its done in a medical clinic by a doctor than in a house with a knitting needle.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Only an idiot would do that. What is this, the 16th century?

On a side note, whenever we legalize anything to "keep it safe" or "regulate it", for instance drugs, we're giving into the people who SHOULDN'T BE using them in the first place.

10. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

um, Norse- do you have any knowledge of the situation in the US pre-Roe v Wade?

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

or any country where its not legal. :wallbang:

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Well, why do that and risk your life?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because having a baby has many implications for someone's life. Who the father is, can they raise the child, are they ready? People make mistakes, and sometimes having a particular baby is extremely problematic. Women used to die all the time from illegal abortions.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

because that's how horrible an unwanted child is. Especially to a young girl who's parents/religion put a HUGE emphasis on being a virgin til they are married. Which most religions do.
    Or a woman who already has 5 kids she can barely afford.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The state can intervene and take it for adoption. At any rate, it's unfair for the baby. You don't support the death penalty for peadophile cannibalistic murderer rapists, but you support abortion for babies?:bugeye:

Prostitutes today are murdered all the time. But they know the risks and they know their practice is illegal.

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Norse, see my post on embryo v. fully formed girl in that other thread.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, as if would matter to him. It would only matter to him if men got pregnant.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

1. Carrying a pregancy to term is often the problem. It interferes with the course of life they planned. The baby didn't have a life, they have less invested in life, mostly they are tiny undeveloped lumps of flesh. A foetus isn't a baby.

2. Prostitution should be legal. If it were, fewer prostitutes would die.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I already addressed that. An embryo is a guaranteed life. If you end it, it's unfair. Where do we stop? If we don't consider embryos human, can white supremacists abort black embryos before they are born? After all, it's "not human" right?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not guaranteed life, not even by God. The woman's life should be the primary consideration, it's her choice, it's her body.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

OK, so we could've aborted you and it wouldn't have mattered. Or black babies before they are born.

Apart from the fact that it's a disgusting practice.

The prostitutes know the risks. If we legalize it, it's the state giving into the demands of criminals.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The fetus is not her body. They're connected but it's a different, developing body.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Its a parasite.