God kills American soldiers as retribution for gay tolerance

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superluminal, Nov 1, 2007.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

So, here we have a fine example of the sort of good, god-fearing, xians the theists here may or may not sympathize with.

Apparently today, the judgement went against the church to the tune of two million dollars plus other unspecified damages. They're going to appeal it.

Love to hear your opinions on this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

The question I forgot to ask was, why dosen't god just kill the gays outright? Drop em' where they stand and be done with it? And all of the atheists too? And muslims? And heathens of all sorts?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VitalOne Banned Banned

Because God is waiting for a disease to kill them all out, plus God doesn't really care

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Figures. God really isn't all that important, even if he/she/it does exist.

8. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

b/c god is an atheist?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

does he have a wife??NO...so maybe hes gay too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well God is important, its just that reality can't exist without God, but God is omnipotent, so how can he be disturbed by all of this?

10. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Because he is longsuffering towards them in the hope that they will eventually repent and accept His forgivness.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

11. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Well they have overlooked that call of Jesus for Christians not to engage in warfare. They are protesting on an issue and overlooking a greater issue.

It's like people protesting about the building of a nuclear power plant because they object to the negative aesthetic effect of the big ugly cooling towers that will be apart of the reactor, while totally overlooking the terrible long term effect that the reactor will have on their descendants and nature.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

12. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I a bit suprised by all of this.

Do none of you see the human tragedy of having some bunch of fucking assholes come to your sons funeral to flaunt their bigotry and hatred of other humans?

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Exactly. Even if he does exist, why would anyone even give a shit about him after how he has let the earth go to shit like it has? I have no concern for any deity that would let his greatest creation (children) fight and bicker amongst themselves to get favor with him. What a crock!

And super, I saw on CNN this morning that the lawsuit sum was 11 million, not two. But who knows.

While I'm no longer a Christian, I do know plenty of good Christians. These people make Christianity look bad in the same manner that the Taliban and A.Q. make Islam look bad.

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

11 million, huh? Good. The more the better. Crush them out of existence. And I agree that they are clearly extremist, but for fuck sake? What kind of people are they?

15. John99 Banned Banned

No they dont make Christianity look bad at all. They are NUTS, they are weirdos and they are a handfull of people. The differance is all the other Christians acknowledge this.

Christians, as far as i can tell, are also different from Muslims in that they do what they want, believe what they want and can make ALL their own decisions. I may be wrong about that, but i am not aware of anywhere in the world where Christians are forced to believe or follow specific customs.:shrug:

16. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

Fred Phelps and Westboro

Well it looks like poor ol Freddie got himself in a big mess, and it's gonna cost $10.8 million. Y'all pass the offering plate ya hear.

I looked up some interesting tidbits on Freddieboy.

First of all he's a democrat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_phelps#Democratic_Party

But here's the biggest surprise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_phelps#Civil_Rights_Attorney

He was a civl rights attorney that fought Jim Crowe laws:

Well, a fundamentalist sterotype just busted all to pieces.

Fundamentalists are supposed to be slave lovers that deny civil rights to gays. uhhhh yeahhh

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

So he was fighting for black civil rights in his job and hating gays in his spare time?

That's seriously messed up.

PS Welcome back.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  18. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

That guy and his whole organization are f*****g nut cases. Not too sound too harsh, but I will celebrate his death.

19. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

If they're Doomed why would God care what they do?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm not too suprised, that guy is a walking contradiction, and stupid enough to follow the Old Testament to the letter.

21. Bells Staff Member

Surely you are not condoning Phelp's behaviour?

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Because if he made all of us, he's the one responsible..?

And if God is waiting for gay people to die out from disease why did he create them in the first place ?

23. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

FYI, one of his daughters is in charge of health care in the Kansas prison system. Do you think all inmates get equal treatment?:bugeye: