God kills American soldiers as retribution for gay tolerance

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superluminal, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

If there were no change in behavior in God, then there would be more Sodoms and Gammorahs from the time of Jesus to the time of Revelations. There aren't. How do you account for that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily. What it shows is that, on balance, God is gracious and kind... longsuffering, patient. Occaisionally smiting here and there...pssst, No telling who He'll smite next though.

LOL! "Gammorahs"? What's that...some Japanese movie monster?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Heh, alright Photizo; I give. I was just so scared he was gonna come smite New York City next, I guess I started going a little nuts.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Take care, ashura...also, repeatedly we are told in God's Word "don't be afraid", and "fear not"...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

You as well.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

God had to establish the Law and the consequences of transgressing the Law to the people of the World. The carrying out of wrath in the OT was a clear demonstration to all observers that transgressing the Will of God has serious consequences.

Once again as you pointed out the Book Of Revelation (NT) points out that sin is still sin and judgement will be carried out just as in the OT. The Only difference is the process that leads to the judgement.

Sin is still sin as it was before.

The penalty for sin is still death, the same as it was before.

The difference is that judgement is delayed and those carrying out the judgement have changed from followers of God to God Himself.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Great answer! This is definitely why you're my favorite, you always make sense when it comes to this stuff.

11. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Here comes the woo woo train.

Just who was there to record god's words? :bugeye: the word is logos hunh. Why don't you try to expand on that in a rational manner. for the record jesus was a work of fiction- he never really lived.

12. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Because of your excessive use of smiley's... your talk of the woo woo train...such things lead me to believe expanding upon what I've already told you "in a rational manner" will be "a waste of your--and what's infinitely worse--my time."

13. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Then make sense.

14. jeffy_thejerk Registered Member

read the bible, it doesnt say that god hates anyone...fred phelps takes it and twists the scriptures it say god hates sin correct, is a person sin? no god doesnt like what they are doing but he doesnt hate them as an individual...God disagrees with the gay lifestyle as much as he disagrees with fred phelps and his anti american organazation....
    God died so that we could turn away from our sins to live right and freely, fred phelps is just an idiot and the majority of christians disagree with him...watch and see i can gurantee you he will not be in heaven

15. jeffy_thejerk Registered Member

jesus did live

how can you say jesus didnt live???
    who do you think wrote the book of acts? there were preachers like paul,john, and so on who went everywhere with jesus and kept record of the goings on....the bible doesnt contradict itself at all.... the time in between the old and new testamen was years and years, alot of the authors and men of god never saw or knew eachother at all....and yet it doesnt contradict itself

read revelation and what it say about the endtimes and then look at the signs...tell me if that is what is going on today...they have evidence that the bible is real and that jesus did walk and talk and preach on this earth

16. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

or so they say,...in other words its all rumors aka hearsay,
    btw have you heard of all those other godlike men who existed loooong time before Jebus?
    could be xians borrowed something from the other mythologies

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html

hows these for contradictions
    www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

17. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

bible is real,but isnt really evidence for jesus,as it cannot be verified in any way

btw you may want to visit Biblical History&Critisism forum at http://www.iidb.org/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60