Young Earther vs an Atheist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewhite04

Valued Senior Member
Cut-and-paste spam is inappropriate for sciforums. Please post appropriate commentary, supplementary info and analysis with cut-and-paste videos.

This guy is better then Dawkins

I enjoyed the video to a small degree only because the christian guy was not an absolute raving nut case like the ones I seem to notice.
Alex

This atheist died from cancer a couple of years after this. What a great soul.

Patient, not too confident, knowledgeable, intelligent - brilliant combination.

Great guy, so to Kent. It is becoming funny why Kent says ape to men because he doesn't understand the theory he is debating properly. Beings like us lived and died and changed over time. If the earth is 4.2 million years old, then evolution yes, and why wouldn't it be that old?

If the earth is 4.2 million years old,
I still have not looked it up but I think you may find the age of the Earth is in the 5 - 6 billion year area.
The dinosaurs went extinct 150 million years ago ... a significant event as with them gone us mammals were able to flourish.

Alex

The flood started then after 40 days(not 100 days) Noah and his family returned to earth.
I dont believe the biblical account and it is worthwhile noting it was a Sumerian story ... so not original for the bible.
I however am inclinded to think there was a flood about 11,500 years ago which may have given rise to the flood story.
There are some who think a cosmic event caused sea levels to rise overnight by 30 feet and much more in the following years.
Alex

I still have not looked it up but I think you may find the age of the Earth is in the 5 - 6 billion year area.
The dinosaurs went extinct 150 million years ago ... a significant event as with them gone us mammals were able to flourish.
Alex
chile-earthquake-earth-days2-100302-02.jpg

Earth, our home, is the third planet from the sun. It's the only planet known to have an atmosphere containing free oxygen, oceans of water on its surface and, of course, life.
Earth is the fifth largest of the planets in the solar system. It's smaller than the four gas giants —Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune — but larger than the three other rocky planets, Mercury, Mars and Venus.
https://www.space.com/54-earth-history-composition-and-atmosphere.html

Alex
I don't know. I think Greek mythology has thoughts in this area. 4.2 billion, last time i checked.

I don't know. I think Greek mythology has thoughts in this area. 4.2 billion, last time i checked.
Yes but you said earlier 4.2 million...that was my point...perhaps you thought billion but typed million.

I dont get what you think is Greek Mythology.

So far I am happy that the evidence seems to support a flood as a result of a comet impact...there is a possible crater but it has yet to be dated.

I think thete will be resistence to such a hypothisis because it will show the bible account to be wrong and like it or not religion will have influence on what history is admitted to mainstream.

Alex

I think Greek mythology has thoughts in this area.

Mars is involved.

Sorry I know little of mythology other than the multiple human god mythology.

The flood I mention seems credible but it is not like the biblical or should I say the Sumerian flood but if it did occur could explain the multiple flood stories we find in many cultures.
The bible flood is not the only story out there.

Alex

Yes but you said earlier 4.2 million...that was my point...perhaps you thought billion but typed million.

I dont get what you think is Greek Mythology.

So far I am happy that the evidence seems to support a flood as a result of a comet impact...there is a possible crater but it has yet to be dated.

I think thete will be resistence to such a hypothisis because it will show the bible account to be wrong and like it or not religion will have influence on what history is admitted to mainstream.

Alex

I agree, but am still looking into it..

Sorry I know little of mythology other than the multiple human god mythology.

The flood I mention seems credible but it is not like the biblical or should I say the Sumerian flood but if it did occur could explain the multiple flood stories we find in many cultures.
The bible flood is not the only story out there.

Alex
Yes in different parts of the whole world. So what's the chances of them all being localised? There was more than 1 boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back