When/ how did you become an atheist?

And you base this optimism on what?

What optimism anyway?
I'm just saying your post is fallacious.
Your "logic" is that because something never happened before, it can never happen.
I hope you can see what's wrong in this picture.

What optimism anyway?
I'm just saying your post is fallacious.
Your "logic" is that because something never happened before, it can never happen.
I hope you can see what's wrong in this picture.

LOL...think for one hot moment. Do Atheist reproduce in astronomical proportions?

There was on guy who didnt have his own family, he had his own village something like 70 something children.

LOL...think for one hot moment. Do Atheist reproduce in astronomical proportions?

No but strangely atheists are growing in numbers in the UK for instance.

1000px-Bsa-religion-question.svg.png

Also in places like the US a larger and larger amount of the younger generations become atheists. Why do you think this is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

Wow! Talk about not looking out the window... Try taking your own advice and thinking John.
What are the statistics for atheism? Why do you think (wrong question since it's you I'm addressing, I know) the figures are rising?

There was on guy who didnt have his own family, he had his own village something like 70 something children.

Sure, if everyone was like that it would be catastrophic but i dont think they are thinking about that.
WTF are these two posts about?

And your post still sucks John. Just because stuff never happened, doesn't mean it can't.
If the opposite was the case, every day would be a repetition of exactly similar events that happened before.

And your post still sucks John. Just because stuff never happened, doesn't mean it can't.
If the opposite was the case, every day would be a repetition of exactly similar events that happened before.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

. I cant see a time when all people will not believe in at least the possibility of a higher power..well weather i can see it or not, it is not going to happen.

I will quote your post once more, to help you remember.
This post is what I'm talking about.

John 99 said:
I have never been influenced or coerced to change my opinion due to religion or religious people.

I've not been successfully coerced, but I've been publicly ridiculed for not being Christian back in high school.

Oh, wow I need a caffeine pill and a nap. BBL

I've not been successfully coerced, but I've been publicly ridiculed for not being Christian back in high school.
But how much of life has been influenced by the pervasive religion in the US*?
Laws?
Practices?
Customs?
Policies?
Etc...

* And I'm not just applying this to the US alone: religion, throughout history, has had deep influences on societ[y/ies].

Originally Posted by John99
An Atheist believes something does not exist

Same exact thing.
Your reading comprehension sucks.

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2335175&postcount=1

Atheism

Atheism is fundamentally a reaction to theism and is overwhelming expressed as a disbelief of theist claims. Atheist opinions will vary from absolute certainty that gods do not exist through various degrees of uncertainty to simple skepticsm. Typically when asked, an atheist will say they do not believe in the existence of gods. Many atheists will leave open the possibility that gods might exist providing appropriate evidence is provided.

One is a statement of belief, the other is a statement of non-belief.

Back