What do you think of Tunisia?

Don't think about Tunisia ever. It's considered by freedomhouse.org to be Not Free, which is fine because it's an irrelevant country anyway.
freedomhouse said:
The situation for journalists in Tunisia is one of the worst in the Arab world. The government has taken some steps to placate external critics, but substantial changes have yet to occur. Tunisia continues to block free expression in print, television, and radio, and is among the most aggressive governments in policing the internet. In the decades since Ben Ali became president, Tunisian journalists have been detained, physically assaulted, fired from their jobs, prevented from leaving the country, and monitored by the efficient police services. A press law that endorses free expression is largely ignored in practice.
freedomhouse said:
Tunisia is not an electoral democracy. President Zine el-Abedine Ben Ali has exercised authoritarian rule since he ousted former president Habib Bourguiba in a 1987 coup. Beginning in 1989, he won four successive five-year terms in tightly controlled elections, either running unopposed or easily defeating token challengers. A 2002 referendum removed the constitution’s three-term limit for presidents, allowing Ben Ali to secure reelection in 2004 with over 95 percent of the vote, amid opposition boycotts and claims of fraud.
freedomhouse said:
Opposition parties that are genuinely independent of state influence are weak and have almost no role in the formation of public policy. The state severely curbs their activities. According to Human Rights Watch, a Tunis court in October 2007 ordered the eviction of the Progressive Democratic Party’s weekly publication Al-Mawkef from its offices on the grounds that it had violated the terms of its lease. The party is one of the few critical independent movements in Tunisia.

Reading about horrid little desert countries such as yours makes me ever more glad I live in the USA.

oKay! i don't kare about what you say, or what they say,
but i love my contry, and everything in it,
and i love our presedent,
<3 <3 <3

i love i love i love i love him, and every thing
also, what do you think of Tunisia, not what do you think of the world politics,
what do you think of it's people, it's culture, it's history, it's places to go...
economy maybe

tunis-france.jpg

tunis.jpg

mini-tunis.jpg

Tunisia is infulenced, by carthage, phenicians, arabs, french, roman, berber, ...
so, Tunisia is a hall mixte of all

Tunisia is infulenced, by carthage, phenicians, arabs, french, roman, berber, ...
so, Tunisia is a hall mixte of all

shadow1, whats your point? Are you trying to gain some sort of pride by our compliments? I dont get what the point of this is.

Whenever someone says something negative you try to rush us off of that subject into something else. ie, what you did with the world politics aspect.

Honestly, I dont really think anything at all of Tunisia, no offense but the significance of it isn't incredibly great compared to other nations.

oKay! i don't kare about what you say, or what they say,
but i love my contry, and everything in it,
and i love our presedent,
<3 <3 <3

i love i love i love i love him, and every thing
also, what do you think of Tunisia, not what do you think of the world politics,
what do you think of it's people, it's culture, it's history, it's places to go...
economy maybe

You "love love love love" your slimy, fat, authoritarian president who controls the elections, stifles human rights organizations, and operates an authoritarian regime masquerading as a democracy..? You "love love love love" your government that is officially and academically ranked as one of the LEAST democratic countries in the whole world, behind China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone and a whole lot of other places who at least have an institutional, economic excuse for being so horrible..?

Your president probably loves brainwashed, blind-sighted people like you. Amazing how you come to this forum and bash American and Israeli "oppression" when your own government runs a WAY MORE oppressive little place than almost anywhere else we've talked about. Luckily, the country you live in doesn't have the means to spread that oppresssion elsewhere. Top marks for that.

I await your hands-covering-your-ears reply.

Last edited:
y, your infrastructure education and business wise is also better than your neighbours, you're a bit infested with European tourists,

That infestation is one of the reasons the Tunisian economy is better than it's neighbors, and they are more liberal in their attitudes. Tunisia has been very clever at promoting tourism.

The tourism sector now represents 6.5% of Tunisia's GDP and provides 340,000 jobs of which 85,000 are direct jobs, or 11.5% of the working population with a high share of seasonal employment.

from wiki

shadow1, whats your point? Are you trying to gain some sort of pride by our compliments? I dont get what the point of this is.

Whenever someone says something negative you try to rush us off of that subject into something else. ie, what you did with the world politics aspect.

Honestly, I dont really think anything at all of Tunisia, no offense but the significance of it isn't incredibly great compared to other nations.

no, you understand me wrong, i just posted some pictures, to show some places of the contry, that's all, that had nothing to do, with covering any political stuff, or something like that, is it wrong that some one love his contry, well, i just posted some pictures, so?

Back