Universe created by God

Appreciation and Love of life is "shit"? I think the opposite more likely.
That is not your premise. We aren't talking about life itself, but the idea that life is permiated with some undetectable spirit, who's role and nature you insist on remaining vague and indefinable.

It's not a thing if you can't define it.
Okay. I will try my best. It is an exploding star, a spiral galaxy, a dead animal carcass, the cold chill of a winter's morning, a flower, a dog urinating on a tree, sex, the smell of burnt popcorn, the feelings of joy and sadness, a memory, a plaid shirt, a picture, etc, etc, etc...

The definition of God is probably endless, SG. One might even say infinite.

Okay. I will try my best. It is an exploding star, a spiral galaxy, a dead animal carcass, the cold chill of a winter's morning, a flower, a dog urinating on a tree, sex, the smell of burnt popcorn, the feelings of joy and sadness, a memory, a plaid shirt, a picture, etc, etc, etc...

The definition of God is probably endless, SG. One might even say infinite.
If your definition of God is that it's everything, even I believe in everything, so I believe in your God. But it's also useless as an idea, it doesn't add anything to what we already know, since the word nature already suffices and is less likely to be confused with the baggage of religion.

since the word nature already suffices and is less likely to be confused with the baggage of religion.
You can call it nature if that somehow makes it more palatable. I don't know what baggage you are fearful of holding. From my perspective, every day is a day in church. Every recognition of life's gifts is a prayer. But if people feel a need to erect a building and meet on a designated day to give thanks, I haven't a problem with that either.

But if people feel a need to erect a building and meet on a designated day to give thanks, I haven't a problem with that either.
I think the predictable response to that is:

And if people need to invent a god in order to marvel at the wondrous thing that is the universe, I haven't a problem with that either*.

* provided there is no assertion that said god exists for anyone else

Calling nature a being seems to me to ascribe qualities to it that are lacking. Empathy, for instance.

Certainly there is no obligation on your part. If you are happy, I don't want to take that away from you.
Our being happy or not does not bring things into existence.
I could be miserable and you could be overjoyed, but that itself does not lend any credence to the existence of a god.

Back