Undeletable Tex message

Michael 345

New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl
Valued Senior Member
Have a text message, although it seems only to be a number

+971 with 8 other digits

If I long press, select delete, it just remains. Select all, all except this number delete

Just selecting does not bring up any other text

Have not noticed any adverse effects on phone

Anyone any ideas?

:)

Do you have an iphone? If so, what you're saying is that you swipe left over the text message, the red delete button shows, and when you tap it, the text remains?

Do you have an iphone? If so, what you're saying is that you swipe left over the text message, the red delete button shows, and when you tap it, the text remains?
Phone is Huawei

For the delete bin to show it's a long press

3 options
Pin
Delete
Select all

Thanks

Have a text message, although it seems only to be a number
I cannot delete individual text messages; I can only delete the entire thread.

i.e. open the thread from the offending number, look through the menus for 'archive message thread' or 'delete message thread'.

I cannot delete individual text messages; I can only delete the entire thread.
I can delete one or any number selected or all

i.e. open the thread from the offending number, look through the menus for 'archive message thread' or 'delete message thread'.

The number does not open. Does not expand into any messages within

IMG_20200125_031320.jpg
Screenshot

The number is the one cannot delete

Done a bit more digging

Did not call number

Googled it. Seems like number of website

Contact Information. United Arab Emirates; + 97123456789 · info@salekro.com. Footer Logo. SaleKro.com is new generation website

Have not gone to website

Thinking of contacting Communication Ombudsman to see if they have any clue how to delete

...the message has been sent...you should be able to delete it since you're not connected to a landline. :)
There is no message attached.

The phone number appears in the place where it is normal for the name of the person sending the text message

:(

...but the message is further along than your other messages. Should be able to delete. :)
Should an if could I would

Look at Post #5. It sits at the bottom and any new messages come in at the top. If I select ALL and DELETE it remains behind

I am checking another approach

On another thought, this situation is similar to the written word. Even if erased, it is erased AFTERWARDS. The written word STILL REMAINS in that moment, forever. :)

You can do it Michael345. I believe in you. :)

P.s. with erased words on paper you can always place a blank piece of paper over the erasure, and rub a pencil across the paper. The writing should appear. :)

Last edited:
Should an if could I would

Look at Post #5. It sits at the bottom and any new messages come in at the top. If I select ALL and DELETE it remains behind

I am checking another approach

Go on the play store and install History Eraser

Tried this and another

Not impressed with either

You would think either would list all sms, or would give you to select a sender for a list, followed by a selection against each SMS with such options as
  • Delete all
  • Delete all and block all
  • Delete selected
  • Delete selected and block
My un-deletable still present

Tried this and another

You would think either would list all sms, or would give you to select a sender for a list, followed by a selection against each SMS with such options as
  • Delete all
  • Delete selected

Tried this and another

• Delete all
  • Delete selected

I would save your numbers and photos and then factory reset your phone.

I would save your numbers and photos and then factory reset your phone.

Thanks

In the process of moving everything over to a new phone anyway

Once I reset this one will pass it on to someone in Bali

Cheers

Back