True Lies

S.A.M.

uniquely dreadful
Valued Senior Member
There is a Hadith which says [according to the Prophet]

'"He is not a false person who (through lies) settles conciliation among people, supports good or says what is good."

What is the morality of such a statement? Is is evil to lie to support good or bring about conciliation in people?

There are philosophical axioms in which the logic of a people are founded upon. When your axiom is purged by another, isn't it worth fighting for?

Paradoxically; when a philosophy says "It's worth fighting for" and the other says "It isn't worth fighting for" this disagreement causes war. This is the disagreement of Pluralism and Monotheism.

There are philosophical axioms in which the logic of a people are founded upon. When your axiom is purged by another, isn't it worth fighting for?

Paradoxically; when a philosophy says "It's worth fighting for" and the other says "It isn't worth fighting for" this disagreement causes war. This is the disagreement of Pluralism and Monotheism.

So if you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, would you be honest and tell them you were a Jew if they came knocking at your door?

'"He is not a false person who (through lies) settles conciliation among people, supports good or says what is good."

What is the morality of such a statement? Is is evil to lie to support good or bring about conciliation in people?

It is considered evil according to some religious beliefs while not considered evil to other religious beliefs.

So if you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, would you be honest and tell them you were a Jew if they came knocking at your door?

That depends.

At that moment am I fully aware that answering in the affirmative would see me promptly whisked away to a concentration camp where I'll be fuel for the ovens?

Or, do I suspect they're simply taking a census?

sorry
the hadith is way too broad and general in scope to determine its intended moral consequences

(Q):

You've already stated you never lie, so the questions are not directed at you

It is just basic human nature.

The easiest way to come to terms with this is to use the next statement as a guide:

Do not lie for self gratification, it is acceptable\expected to avert disaster and harm to yourself and others.

That is fairly universal. People behave in predictable ways, as do other living creatures. When left to their own devices humans do good deeds but of course there are some who need a little help. Taking into account mental defects which are a fact of life and do represent a segment of society.

:)

meaningless word salad
utter garbage

purging axioms eh?

/beats cheski senseless

(Q):

You've already stated you never lie, so the questions are not directed at you

So, are you going to request to have me banned?

:spank:

Or, will you just continue to rant?

:soapbox:

How about this answer?

:blbl:

Ain't smilies wonderful?

And what is "good" then... the liar decides ?

And what is "good" then... the liar decides ?

Atheists have no basis for morality so it may be a conundrum, subjectively deciding what is good or not. Muslims are all brainwashed at birth of course.

Atheists have no basis for morality so it may be a conundrum, subjectively deciding what is good or not. Muslims are all brainwashed at birth of course.

What does this have to do with atheism ?
I am pointing out a problem in your quoted statement.

majority of people are born good. it is only until amoral people get threir hooks into them. because some are born bad so they want comapny.

Back