The MM experiment is wrong!

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by tomtushey, May 3, 2022.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

And since we don't see that happening, the ether idea falls apart.

This is nonsense. There is no science here.

Are you twelve?

Stop this at once. This is a science forum.

exchemist likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dicart Registered Senior Member

I would say the same for you.
    Science is facts.
    The facts are : Read again, i will not repeat.
    Here, you are just talking mathematic things.
    But... mathematic is not science (i hope you at least agree with that).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

That assumes the existence of an ether that interacts with the ships but there is exactly no evidence of any such thing like you are describing friction between the ships and the ether so orbits of planets would decay and we wouldn't have a solar system.
    This is rubbish how can we see a spaceship if light doesn't travel where the spaceship is? And SR is a pure classical theory that has no photons or particles in it anywhere.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dicart Registered Senior Member

You dident undestand.
    I said : There is no interaction with the "void" (ship or photon or what you want).
    BUT : There is an interaction with all the particles that are in this "nothing" (the void or how yo want to name it).
    Therfore, the ship is TOO BIG to only travel in the void (like particles) and therefore WE CAN KNOW THE SPEED OF THE SPACESHIP because of the collision with the REAL PARTICLES.
    This is REALITY, no mathematic here.

So what was your claim ?
    A Gedankenexperiment ?
    Yes, it is interresting, but try with something else (some particle, a photon, and not a whole spaceship, it is stupid).
    And you will see that your conclusions will be ... different.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What are you talking about? There's not a lot of crap floating around space. Even if there was this crap, it would be at zero speed compared to what?
    That absolutely will not work. The reason it won't work is because this hypothetical crap could be the thing moving along with one of the ships, so as the high speed 'crap' and the ship (which have zero velocity between them) flies past the other ship, the other ship will be burned up by the crap hitting it.
    There is NO WAY to determine which, or if both of the ships are 'really' moving, you can only say they are moving relative to something.

I'm afraid you will deliberately misunderstand this for I fear you are just taking the opposite position to troll.

Ssssssss likes this.
  9. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

Ah the good old crank belief that writing something in capitals makes it true. It doesn't. You can measure the speed of the spaceship relative to some gas cloud or something sure but the gas cloud doesn't make an absolute rest frame you can just as well say the gas cloud is moving and the spaceship is stationary and your result will be the same. And if you aren't talking about a gas cloud what particles are you actually talking about?
    You are saying one spaceship will heat up so either you can measure that temperature and that measurement is predictable and there is a mathematical model you could use to predict this number or else you are saying that the result is unpredictable even in principle or you are saying that you can't measure temperature and both the second and third options are stupid. So just by making a prediction that one spaceship will heat up you are implying a mathematical model whether you like it or not.
    You said your spaceship would heat up that means friction that means slowing down of orbits in vacuum and if you think that's stupid I agree but it's your model.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  10. Dicart Registered Senior Member

• Please do not flame other members. Do not troll.
    Seriously ?

There is crap.
    And now... why do this crap float around at the same speed ?
    Because it is relativ to... the real crap in the universe we deal with every day.
    But now... this crap is relativ to something more fundamental : The void.

What a joke !
    You are surely not a physicist.

Surely.
    Every time you can't understand something a 10 old child can understand, the one you can not understand is a Troll.
    Haha funny guy.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You don't know facts from nonsense. Cut it out.

12. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Ah the good old crank belief that writing something in capital is mean to make something true (is it some magical tougth ?)
    No, the capital is intended to let peoples who dont understand focus on the things they should think of.
    It is just a help (i could have used the bold, its the same).

So you are not aware that space is not empty ?
    Very funny.
    I want to see the first time a spaceship will try to reach some descent speed if you are the engineer (but it will surely never happen, go sleep).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You know the standard density of the space so you can predict the heat...
    It is not rocket science.

There is no vacuum for a spaceship !!!!
    It is too BIG !!!

Funny guy.

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Since I have no idea what you seem to think this 'crap' is it is hard to say if or why it floats at the same speed.
    The speed relative to the void? What is the void? How fast is the earth moving relative to 'the void'?
    I don't know if you are really that ignorant of physics or you are just trolling. I'm leaning towards ignorant.
    I'm pretty sure I could explain to a 10 year old that velocity is always relative, you however, not so much.

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm leaning towards trolling. It's hard to believe someone so ignorant of the basics would at the same time be so interested in it.

15. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Space dust !
    You never heard about that ?
    https://www.space.com/extraterrestrial-dust-falls-on-earth

And other crap.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_space

The void is not empty.
    The void is not noything.
    We call it also "the vacuum".
    Did no one ever explain this to you ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum

No i am not ignorant.

Haha, always using mathematic ? Good luck.
    If you dont even understand that the relatvity of velocity only apply to the "mathematical ether" (it is like a perfect "void" (who CANT EXIST REALLY AT MACROSCOPIC SCALE), or the void where the photons and other particules travel in) and this is why it apply well (SR is fine if you understand the domain of application (and you dont understand it obviously)).

16. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Not at zero !
    Around zero, and zero would be the ground state of the vaccum.
    Now, you would say ohhh thats total nonsense this is not what SR say....speed can not be relativ to the vaccuum or the void.
    Yes, you got it ! I repeat. SR is a mathematical representation, and it works good if you apply it to things that dont care about the void.

Did you never noticed that the particules that can be produced by the vaccum (like some pair of particles) have a speed around this "0" ?
    They have not -infinite to +infinite speed, like they should have if they would be no relativ to anything.
    Therefore, in a real world : There is a void, and the void is not nothing (it is extremly dense), and what is in the void, the crap, you, has "a speed" relativ to the void.
    Now... this is not a speed in fact, it is a relation in term of energy. And the energy permit you to define the speed.
    There is no speed at all...

17. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

I'm going to go with an alarmingly strong Dunning-Kruger effect, along with being either young and high, or old and demented.

exchemist likes this.
  18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I was willing to grant that too, until he started directly contradicting his own claims:
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/why-is-there-matter-in-universe.165500/page-2#post-3699967
    He claimed physicists don't know how antimatter reacts to gravity, until, when it was pointed out the experiment, he said he'd read about that, and claimed that physicists do know.

That means even he knows he doesn't know what he's talking about. So, not DKE, it's knowledge aforethought.

19. exchemist Valued Senior Member

But he could still be a nutcase.

Whatever he is, I decided a while ago his contributions are not worth reading or responding to. He may go away if we all ignore him long enough.

20. Dicart Registered Senior Member

You are a very funny guy...

You : Chef, we have finished the experience :
    + and +
    + and -
    Now we know how antimater react !

Chef : You donut !
    You are not even capable of doing the association of two states !!! A 8 year old child can do better than you !
    Let finish the experience with - and -

You : Oh shit, how can we do ?
    Where will we find some antimatter planet ?

Haha, very funny guy.

Sure you are a nice Dunning-Kruger specimen.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  21. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

DiCart? I decided to read Ignored Posts a day or two ago and I was reminded why I put him/her on ignore.

exchemist likes this.
  22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I agree, ignore the troll (he is not even a very entertaining troll).

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I know I shouldn't respond, but...
    Oh, you mean that material that hits the earths atmosphere at thousands of miles per hour, is that the 'crap' that has 'about zero' velocity. That doesn't make very much sense now does it?