The ABC game

TT-Technologies-logo-Twitter.jpg

Diving+022.JPG
Underwater Knitter​

n.b. This is actually the same fellow we saw sandblasting earlier. He finds underwater knitting a nice antithesis to his other vocation. True story!

Zimbabwean President-for-life​
Zimbabwean-president-Robe-010.jpg

Thanks for indulging me Squirrel, and the rest of you. I enjoyed this game. I'll leave someone else the honor of restarting at A, or will it be AA?

(I liked Big Mama best! How about you?)

Ohh! Who me? What an honor! Well, I think you're correct, Squirrel to go with a sciency theme, so how about viruses... No, that's too boring. How about branches of scientific inquiry? I know it's rather similar to vocations, but that one kind of got away from us (mostly my fault, I admit).

All right people: Branches of Scientific Inquiry, A to Z. And no fun this time! :mad:

Now, let's proceed!
big-mama-2.jpg

Formal Sciences

The formal sciences are the branches of knowledge that are concerned with formal systems, such as logic, mathematics, theoretical computer science, information theory, systems theory, decision theory, statistics, and some aspects of linguistics.

Unlike other sciences, the formal sciences are not concerned with the validity of theories based on observations in the real world (empirical knowledge), but rather with the properties of formal systems based on definitions and rules. Methods of the formal sciences are, however, essential to the construction and testing of scientific models dealing with observable reality,[16] and major advances in formal sciences have often enabled major advances in the empirical sciences.

cloud-computing-shutterstock-webversie.jpg

Back