Static Energy?Electricity?

Thanks for this - a lot I didn't know.

You are welcome. I included the Faraday book link specifically because I knew an exchemist might find it interesting. Esp interesting is is how much these scientists back then achieved with such primitive equipment. It boggles my mind.

You are welcome. I included the Faraday book link specifically because I knew an exchemist might find it interesting. Esp interesting is is how much these scientists back then achieved with such primitive equipment. It boggles my mind.
Faraday is one of my heroes. It can be argued he (and Maxwell) should be ranked with Newton and Einstein.

Hmm, I see what you mean. And he disappeared when you posted this......

Let's see if he's back tomorrow. I still suspect an attempt at justifying homeopathy at the bottom of all this, but maybe I'm too cynical.

As I told, it is just for better understanding of science. It can for anything yet unclear in science. Not just homeopathy but many others.

As I told, it is just for better understanding of science. It can for anything yet unclear in science. Not just homeopathy but many others.
Well that's good. Regarding homeopathy, I presume you can see from these exchanges that static charge is useless as an attempted justification of it.

Well that's good. Regarding homeopathy, I presume you can see from these exchanges that static charge is useless as an attempted justification of it.
I thought it was going the way of turning water into wine by static electricity to explain the miracles

If it's homeopathy it will be water has memory

:)

I thought it was going the way of turning water into wine by static electricity to explain the miracles

If it's homeopathy it will be water has memory

Not this one but there can be many other. Like lower potencies, transfer due to adsorption, changes in potential energy due to changed conditions etc. Reg link it on water that was simply meant to better understand about cohesion n non covalent bonds, special to water.

Not this one but there can be many other. Like lower potencies, transfer due to adsorption, changes in potential energy due to changed conditions etc. Reg link it on water that was simply meant to better understand about cohesion n non covalent bonds, special to water.

I have no idea what any of that means and to lazy to pick it apart

Not this one but there can be many other. Like lower potencies, transfer due to adsorption, changes in potential energy due to changed Woo Woo conditions etc. Reg link it on water that was simply meant to better understand about cohesion n non covalent bonds, special to water

But I suspect if I was to spend time pulling it apart it would look like the word salad above

I have no idea what any of that means and to lazy to pick it apart

Not this one but there can be many other. Like lower potencies, transfer due to adsorption, changes in potential energy due to changed Woo Woo conditions etc. Reg link it on water that was simply meant to better understand about cohesion n non covalent bonds, special to water

But I suspect if I was to spend time pulling it apart it would look like the word salad above

Yes. Making a non molecular base to understand weak energy based systems is bit difficult. Energy can be generated but how it can stay for long is main issue, may it be static or potential or any other.

Yes. Making a non molecular base to understand weak energy based systems is bit difficult. Energy can be generated but how it can stay for long is main issue, may it be static or potential or any other.

My 3 brain cells, Huey Dewey and Louie, are begging me not to read anymore post in this thread
They look like English, they certainly have English words
Unfortunately the way the words are strung together do not compute to anything sensible

Energy can be generated but how it can stay for long is main issue, may it be static or potential or any other.
I seem to vaguely remember reading an article once that stated that the "memory of water" (i.e. the correlation between states at different time intervals) was less than a microsecond. In other words: water "forgets" in less than a microsecond. You'd need to come up with a completely new physics model of water-molecules to dodge that one.

(My memory is comparible to that of water, so I have no clue where I found that article.)

I seem to vaguely remember reading an article once that stated that the "memory of water" (i.e. the correlation between states at different time intervals) was less than a microsecond. In other words: water "forgets" in less than a microsecond. You'd need to come up with a completely new physics model of water-molecules to dodge that one.

(My memory is comparible to that of water, so I have no clue where I found that article.)
Water loses its "memory" within about 50femtoseconds, according to this reference: http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_memory_of_water

Water loses its "memory" within about 50femtoseconds, according to this reference: http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_memory_of_water
That sounds about right. :biggrin: I knew it was quite a bit less than a microsecond, but I was also too lazy to look up the real value; thanks! In any case, I think it's safe to conclude that anything less than (say) a second makes the water-memory we currently know about utterly ineffectual for homeopathic purposes.

Or perhaps the value of the water-memory has been diluted, and it's thus more potent!:eek:

That sounds about right. :biggrin: I knew it was quite a bit less than a microsecond, but I was also too lazy to look up the real value; thanks! In any case, I think it's safe to conclude that anything less than (say) a second makes the water-memory we currently know about utterly ineffectual for homeopathic purposes.

Or perhaps the value of the water-memory has been diluted, and it's thus more potent!:eek:

Also exchemist,

Specific exercising by a young man increases its specific potential inspite of losing heat etc. (Eg. a swimmer increases its potential to swim more and better after practicing it). Does it not suggest that specific potential is increased by doing specific work?

If we are discussing it, at least two states are clear for memory/information transfer. 1. Molecular presence if remedies below 12C or 24X potencies. 2. Moleculer transfer due to adsorption in higher potencies. Whether it is true science for all remedies or still sub-atomic level is there, we need to check it by new understandings. Mass presence and practical observations by homeopathic community, should justify that whatever may be the stimuli, it affect. And so some science should be there.

If we are discussing it, at least two states are clear for memory/information transfer. 1. Molecular presence if remedies below 12C or 24X potencies. 2. Moleculer transfer due to adsorption in higher potencies. Whether it is true science for all remedies or still sub-atomic level is there, we need to check it by new understandings. Mass presence and practical observations by homeopathic community, should justify that whatever may be the stimuli, it affect. And so some science should be there.

Science has been there

Done that

Thought it stupid

Moved on

Anyway what's with And so some science should be there?

Are yous mob putting out
crackpot science incapable of organising crackpot experiments to produce crackpot results to influence
crackpot people to buy
crackpot remedies?

Science has been there

Done that

Thought it stupid

Moved on

Anyway what's with And so some science should be there?

Are yous mob putting out
crackpot science incapable of organising crackpot experiments to produce crackpot results to influence
crackpot people to buy
crackpot remedies?

It become very difficult to discuss dynamically, if one is perceived or biased towards something which is existing in mass public since long. One should go on checking it till it is clear or die in itself(if fake).

Back