SARS-CoV-2

sculptor

Valued Senior Member
A new survey carried out by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) detected antibodies for SARS-CoV-2 in 40% of tested wild deer populations in four states. None seemed ill from the disease. Meaning that the deer contracted coronavirus in the wild and fought off the infection...

Your thoughts?

Are those deer natural carriers?

I didn't hear anything definitive about it not being produced in a lab.

Are those deer natural carriers?

I didn't hear anything definitive about it not being produced in a lab.
The usda didn't identify the virus vector---but suspected that maybe from contaminated water...?
however, 40% of the tested deer tested positive for antibodies in 4 states

one helluva lot of contaminated water---spread over 4 states from NY to Michigan?
Or?
did the deer visit a lab?

curiouser and curiouser

Last edited:
A lot of viruses that cause illness are specific to particular species. There's no reason why deer would become ill from a virus that targets human beings.

For example, most of us aren't too afraid of dying of myxomatosis. But we aren't rabbits.

but suspected that maybe from contaminated water...?
That seems unlikely, since the virus is spread, at least among people, through the air.
did the deer visit a lab?
Huh? Why would you say that? It was probably spread through some intermediate species of animal, like horses or cows maybe.
curiouser and curiouser
What do you think is so curious, the fact that the virus is infecting other mammals?

That seems unlikely, since the virus is spread, at least among people, through the air.

Huh? Why would you say that? It was probably spread through some intermediate species of animal, like horses or cows maybe.

What do you think is so curious, the fact that the virus is infecting other mammals?
Unlikely Yeh I agree
as/re "huh" response to beer
curious that the deer have an immunity
"why?" seems an appropriate question

curious that the deer have an immunity
"why?" seems an appropriate question
It is appropriate.

I assume the answer is due to the wildly different physiologies between a deer and a person.

I have heard it said that we have invented many wonderful drugs that work well on lab mice, but do not work so well when tested on people.

So, does US admit the coronavirus comes from North America, not from China Wuhan laboratory?

So, does US admit the coronavirus comes from North America, not from China Wuhan laboratory?
It did not come from the US, nor did it come from a secret laboratory. It most likely came from an animal. (Like deer, the animal it came from is likely not harmed significantly by it.)

No competent analyst has suggested that Sars-Cov-2 originated in North America. If it did, why would the first cases come to light in Wuhan?

As for the Chinese lab hypothesis, it's difficult to know for sure if there's anything to it, since China is reluctant to let a proper investigation take place, for whatever reason.

Back