Reason To be athiest?

Crunchy Cat,

Nothing? Something? Either or either.
Where/what did they come from?

jan.

The question may simply not be valid. To date, we have seen no evidence nor come up with any model that even suggests that reality "comes from" anything. The implication is that reality "just is" and our universe may be nothing more than a blip of change within reality.

God, as a theory. Discuss.

I do write fiction books, but on SciForums I stick to actual information, which there is nothing of, concerning the idea of 'God', plus I already said how it logically and scientifically cannot work. No one ever undid it nor replaced it with anything of logic or science or in any way.

The question may simply not be valid. To date, we have seen no evidence nor come up with any model that even suggests that reality "comes from" anything. The implication is that reality "just is" and our universe may be nothing more than a blip of change within reality.

Which also cuts out 'God', as then there is then no creation and no 'Creator'. So, the idea of 'God' is logically impossible.

''Within reality'' suggests a broader reality. Right?
The ''implication'' suggests that reality is fixed. Right?
Do you think that ''reality'' would have within it's walls, consciousness, and intelligence, as these phenomenas are part of reality|?

jan.

Which also cuts out 'God', as then there is then no creation and no 'Creator'. So, the idea of 'God' is logically impossible.

It somewhat depends on how you define 'God'. A person can always place it outside reality with no interest or interaction with it.

''Within reality'' suggests a broader reality. Right?

Yes (relative to our universe).

The ''implication'' suggests that reality is fixed. Right?

I am not sure what you mean by fixed.

Do you think that ''reality'' would have within it's walls, consciousness, and intelligence, as these phenomenas are part of reality|?

jan.

I *suspect* that walls are something relative to our 4d universe but don't necessarily apply (even conceptually) to reality as a whole. But to answer the question, reality *does* have points of sapient life. Humans and dolphins would be examples.

I do write fiction books, but on SciForums I stick to actual information, which there is nothing of, concerning the idea of 'God', plus I already said how it logically and scientifically cannot work. No one ever undid it nor replaced it with anything of logic or science or in any way.

God can not be seen to be not there. Think you are observing him in this very moment. According to theories God would have the power to hide from All.

Crunchy Cat,

Yes (relative to our universe).

Obviously.

I am not sure what you mean by fixed.

Reality as a whole?
You said it yourself.

I *suspect* that walls are something relative to our 4d universe but don't necessarily apply (even conceptually) to reality as a whole. But to answer the question, reality *does* have points of sapient life. Humans and dolphins would be examples.

Do you think that reality = everything?

jan.

Back