Really happened.

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Beer w/Straw, May 28, 2019.

1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

What if the weren't hallucinations, I tell my doctor and she believes they were?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Your doctor will help you sort out whether they might be.

She will examine you for signs and symptoms to rule out possible sources of medical or neurological issues.

For example, if it turns out you have a fever of 104F, that might point toward hallucinations as more likely than an actual talking raccoon.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So, what if one doctor (e.g. the one in the hospital) is aware they aren't hallucinations, and another (e.g. family doctor) believes they are?

How do you sort that out?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

First, I was not in any way calling you a liar. As you said this was a strange occurrence so the first thing to do is check with a doctor. Both Dave and I are concerned about your welfare.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

If the doctor has also spotted talking raccoons, he'll likely call the authorities to deal with it, vindicating you in the process.

If they're real, then there's nothing wrong with you. But the priority here is to make sure you are all right, and not gravely ill.

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

My welfare? Well I don't feel scared or in danger now as when I called the ambulance in the first place.

Not believing me is fine.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

As objective observers, reading your posts, we are concerned that, if you're not OK, then you may not be the best judge of whether you're OK or not.
    That's why we recommend talking to your doctor, who could rule out some possibilities for you.

If I were to take this at face-value, it sounds like you are certain that what you saw was real, and could not have been a hallucination.
    Are you still certain it was real?

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

heh...

I'm using the internet as a medium to express myself.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Fair enough. Keep in mind though that, despite never knowing their online penpals in-person, people still grow attached to them, and get concerned when they appear to go off the rails.
    On another forum a regular member stopped posting and we followed up out of concern. He had in fact, taken ill and died.

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I don't feel in danger. I feel safe enough to wonder if there were multiple bangs before our current universe, each one creating/changing a "universal" constant with entities of previous universes still existing and able to interact with the current universe.

Things like dark matter and dark energy still defy explanation.

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Forgot to mention: reason for parallel universes is it could maybe answer the question of lack of finding radio waves from ET's home and get around having to travel long distances.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I've read some believe that dreams are thought to be glimpses of parallel universes. That would be scary.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

they physically interacted with me; in the hospital

it was not a dream.

9 i broke my keyboarb 0

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

OK well, I'm pretty satisfied with your admission that you're expressing yourself. And that this is on the Sci-Fi and Fantasy section. So I'll take it in that light.

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Which means: you don't know if I'm being truthful or
    not.

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'd say you have admitted you are aware it was not an objective event, so I'm going on your word for that.

If you wish, you can disambiguate your meaning by (re?)stating, here, that you believe it was an objective phenomenon.

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You're calling me a liar.

Or, want me to proclaim myself a liar?

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Oh, I'm not saying you were dreaming. It's just something I read, and thought it was interesting. I hadn't ever thought of dreams like that.

I have known a few people who have tinnitus and it was horrible for them. :/

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No. Do you want to believe I'm calling you a liar?

You have stated a bunch of things. When I asked if you were serious, your response was that you are "expressing yourself". And this is the Sci-Fi and Fantasy forum.

If I have misunderstood your desire to express yourself, why not simply restate that you are telling the truth?

23. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

And blah...

Move this thread to UFO's Ghosts and Monsters.