Quotes to remember

“In the early morning on the lake sitting in the stern of the boat with his father rowing, he felt quite sure that he would never die.”
― Ernest Hemingway, In Our Time

“I believe that there are 15,747,724,136,275,02,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons.”
― Arthur S. Eddington

“I believe that there are 15,747,724,136,275,02,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons.”
― Arthur S. Eddington

Almost as precise as George

:)

“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.” - Sarah Williams (poet)

“I built my home in the feeling of waking up at dawn in a new city, where every road is the right road because there is no ordinary. Everything is as profound as you make it.”
― Charlotte Eriksson

“What if I told you that the world around you, with its rich colors, textures, sounds, and scents is an illusion, a show put on for you by your brain? If you could perceive reality as it is, you would be shocked by its colorless, odorless, tasteless silence. Outside your brain, there is just energy and matter.”
― David Eagleman, The Brain: The Story of You

“Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things break. And all things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.”
~L.R. Knost~

276149430_987183598856915_7443669967381535435_n.jpg

Last edited:
“The splendid thing
about falling apart
silently...
is that
you can start over
as many times
as you like.”
― Sanober Khan, A Thousand Flamingos

Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

Reactions: C C
“Wherever you are, at any moment, try and find something beautiful. A face, a line out of a poem, the clouds out of a window, some graffiti, a wind farm. Beauty cleans the mind.”
― Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive

“It is that something in the soul which says,—Rage on, whirl on, I tread master here and everywhere; master of the spasms of the sky and of the shatter of the sea, master of nature and passion and death, and of all terror and all pain.”
― Walt Whitman, Poems by Walt Whitman

"There are unidentified flying objects. That is, there are a hard core of cases - perhaps 20 to 30 percent in different studies - for which there is no explanation... We can only imagine what purpose lies behind the activities of these quiet, harmlessly cruising objects that time and again approach the earth. The most likely explanation, it seems to me, is that they are simply watching what we are up to."
Mead, Margaret, "UFOs - Visitors from Outer Space?," Redbook, vol. 143, September 1974.

“Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get. Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it.”
― Ray Bradbury

"The water in your body is just visiting. It was a thunderstorm a week ago. It will be the ocean soon enough. Most of your cells come and go like morning dew. We are more weather pattern than stone monument. Sunlight on mist. Summer lightning. Your choices outweigh your substance."
~Jarod K. Anderson: Field Guide to the Haunted Forest

"The water in your body is just visiting. It was a thunderstorm a week ago. It will be the ocean soon enough. Most of your cells come and go like morning dew. We are more weather pattern than stone monument. Sunlight on mist. Summer lightning. Your choices outweigh your substance."
~Jarod K. Anderson: Field Guide to the Haunted Forest
well
almost
we get our water from a well drilled into the Devonian aquifer.
The recharge is in northwest Iowa
as/per the usgs flow estimates, we are drinking water that is many thousands of years old (perhaps up to 200kyrs).

Back