"Quotes of your point view"

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Carolyn Hax, the advice columnist in the Washington Post:
  • You can't make everyone grow up, but you can at least show them how it's done.
  • If nothing else, make sure you would be grateful to have the parents you're about to become.
  • Worry is a way of skipping the waiting for something bad to happen and making yourself unhappy right now.

Truth-- Lies are the foundation of any good form of theatrics.

Blame the ignorant person for stepping onto the stage instead of remaining in the audience. The guy in the limelight only speaks because he knows what the audience wants to hear.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity..

A crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days, and doesn't die..

The ability to invoke emotion is the ability to control others.
How many things do you care about that have nothing to do with you?
Do not confuse the act of being in command with the act of being in control.
Religion is a wedge driven between God and humanity.

Our characters are the result of our conduct
- Aristotle

one of my fav's -
"you wont' soar like an eagle, if you surround yourself with turkeys"

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
~ Frequently attributed to Plato, but not apparently found in his work.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

"He that hath many friends hath none" - Aristotle

"First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak." - Epictetus

"Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it." - Samuel Johnson

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, and there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, "Look, this is something new"? It was here already, long ago. It was here before our time. " - Ecclesiastes 1:9-10

"This isn't the first time such a thread has popped up" -me

"He who fails to dream is punished by reality." -Jim Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back