Q's Ban (Or, Syne Strikes Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In both cases, I can actually click on the red card and see a terse comment authored by a specific moderator.

Well, perhaps some people are not as observant. For their benefit, in-thread documentation is probably still a good idea (although I really do not like the idea of "advertizing" infractions any more than necessary).

I didn't think they could see it.

I was always under the impression that they could not since people would always ask why I hadn't issued a warning, etc..

In both cases, I can actually click on the red card and see a terse comment authored by a specific moderator.
The only comments the administrator would type that you could see would be under the Admin Note. The other comments are generated by the program - such as Trolling/Meaningless post content - is system generated if we select that button in issuing the warning.

Ah, here it is:

The new colour scheme for names is as follows:

Registered users (fewer than 100 posts, and here less than 90 days): Black
Registered Senior members (100 to 1000 posts, here more than 90 days): Black
Valued Senior members (more than 1000 posts): Green
Moderators and admins: Blue

At present, this is experimental. Comments are most welcome. The current colours aren't set in stone.

By the way, if you're a Valued Senior Member you may notice a few minor changes in terms of your use of the forum and what you see when you view threads. I won't list them, because mostly they are minor tweaks. They give long-term members a bit more access to information about post deletions and edits, infractions etc., which seems fair enough for our dedicated posters.

That's why I'm unable to see any cards and rpenner is. :)

Yep, seems relative newbies like myself, who could benefit most from seeing such cards (so we understand the boundaries) are not able to see them.
:)

One day, when I reach the 1,000 posts, I shall bask in the ability to see them.
And know that I have arrived at... well, somewhere.
Maybe.

Yep, seems relative newbies like myself, who could benefit most from seeing such cards (so we understand the boundaries) are not able to see them.
If you never learn how to reason like a mod... you have little chance of ever becomin a mod :itold:

Mod Hat — Closure

Mod Hat — Closure

Members are reminded:

Complaint threads about Moderators will be LOCKED, not just in this forum but all the others too. This is because it doesn't do anything constructive but just causes more problems in the long run.

Click the link to learn more about "Complaining about Moderators"

As such, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back