Proof of the supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you try to fool her? Do you understand that people can read your body cues to know if you are lying or not? I believe in supernatural things that cannot be or is hard to be tested by science. Psychics can be tested by science and none of them have proven their abilities. James Randi will pay 1 million dollars to anyone that can prove it and no one has. http://web.randi.org/the-million-dollar-challenge.html

Also watch this video especially the psychic part. People are too gullible.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/681223

Or this small clip:

I believe that boy had knowledge of a past life and I believe these people heard a voice because of the evidence behind it. Just because I believe these things doesn't make me gullible.

I asked her questions about my life that she didn't know, and she answered. Her predictions for me have been great, and it has helped me. never felt like there was any fooling going on.

I will watch the video, thanks.

it does not make you gullibe, i believe in past life too.

I knew a guy in Nam who seemingly always knew when we would be attacked. If I saw him up and pacing, I knew to keep what I needed handy, and be ready to run for the bunker.
One night, he was missing---and we were attacked. I found him sleeping in the bunker(which, oddly enough was against the rules).
I asked him if he had a sixth sense----his response was: "No, just a heightening of the other 5---anything out of place, like a Vietnamese guy behaving oddly, or command seeming confused, or......etc...etc..."
Was he deluded? Did he "have the gift"?

Personally, I suspect that we simply do not know the extent of the mental and other abilities of sapiens-sapiens, and what seems beyond the "natural" may indeed be within the realm of our possibilities.

Have you ever had a premonition? Have you ever had a sense that you knew what you had never seen(deja vu)?
Did you ever wander into a strange town, and know where every building was before you saw them?
I have. And, do not know if the experiences were just common sense, or something else.

I have participated in studies planned to determine psychic abilities(as an experimenter), and thought the experiments poorly planned, much like a child planning an experiment to determine the orgasmic climax of sex(with no knowledge/experience of the act).

Symbols on cards, or random numbers-----------maybe, it just don't work that way?

I think we all have powers to a certain degree, some may tap into it more than others.

deja vu, dreams that turned out to be my future, sensing danger, all have happened to me. also i believe psychics have no need to prove their abilities, because they don't want to, and don't want riches or fame.

upernatural means not natural.
Sort of.

When something is truly unexplained, it means the natural world has tested it to the best of its capabilities and can't offer an explanation.
Wrong. Unexplained means that we currently have no explanation. For any number of reasons - we don't know all the laws of physics, or we're not aware of certain factors involved.
Are you claiming that lightning was once supernatural?
That disease was?

That is what unexplained means.
Nope.

You did not understand the definition of UFOs (unidentified = unexplained = supernatural)
Wrong again.

I think we all have powers to a certain degree, some may tap into it more than others
We don't.

deja vu, dreams that turned out to be my future, sensing danger, all have happened to me.
Coincidence, confirmation bias ...

also i believe psychics have no need to prove their abilities, because they don't want to, and don't want riches or fame.
And they can't because they're not actually psychic.

You did not understand the definition of UFOs (unidentified = unexplained = supernatural) and you do not understand the definition of supernatural.
Seriously?? You're now equating supernatural with merely unidentified???

I think we all have powers to a certain degree, some may tap into it more than others.

deja vu, dreams that turned out to be my future, sensing danger, all have happened to me. also i believe psychics have no need to prove their abilities, because they don't want to, and don't want riches or fame.

Oi vey... when did this site start attracting so many trolls with no desire to follow (or, apparently, knowledge of) even the most rudimentary of scientific principles and methods?

Oi vey... when did this site start attracting so many trolls with no desire to follow (or, apparently, knowledge of) even the most rudimentary of scientific principles and methods?

I'm just trying to find answers and learn, that is all. some of you may know a lot more about scientific principles and methods than I do

I'm just trying to find answers and learn, that is all. some of you may know a lot more about scientific principles and methods than I do

And yet, when people try to teach you, to show you errors in your rationale and guide you in objective observation, you turn them aside and cling to your beliefs...

Sort of.

Wrong. Unexplained means that we currently have no explanation. For any number of reasons - we don't know all the laws of physics, or we're not aware of certain factors involved.

This is what supernatural means.

Are you claiming that lightning was once supernatural?
That disease was?

Of course! THIS IS WHAT SUPERNATURAL MEANS. I keep trying to tell you. At one point in time these things couldn't be explained by the people that saw them. It was supernatural to them. Supernatural is not a static label, it is dynamic. Things can go out of the supernatural label once they become explained. Just like unexplained things. Unexplained = supernatural.

Nope.

Wrong again.

This doesn't contribute to the discussion.

This is what supernatural means.
Nope.

Of course! THIS IS WHAT SUPERNATURAL MEANS. I keep trying to tell you.
And you're still wrong.
Buy (and read) a dictionary.

At one point in time these things couldn't be explained by the people that saw them. It was supernatural to them. Supernatural is not a static label, it is dynamic. Things can go out of the supernatural label once they become explained. Just like unexplained things. Unexplained = supernatural.
In other words you're using your own "definition", not the one that everyone else uses (or at least everyone who's rational).
By your "definition" a "perfect" bank robbery (i.e. one where the bad guys get all the money without setting off the alarm systems and then get away clean leaving no clues) is "supernatural".
This would be false - it would be unexplained ("How was it done? Who did it?"), but it wouldn't be "supernatural" because NO ONE (rational) would ascribe the loss of money to "forces beyond understanding or the laws of nature" (the latter quote being part of the definition of supernatural).
Likewise electricity etc. wouldn't have been regarded as "supernatural" because, again, no one would have claimed that they broke any laws of nature (mainly because, at the time, no one knew what they were, but that's beside the point).

This doesn't contribute to the discussion.
Neither does your persistence in posting incorrect claims.

Nope.

And you're still wrong.
Buy (and read) a dictionary.

In other words you're using your own "definition", not the one that everyone else uses (or at least everyone who's rational).
By your "definition" a "perfect" bank robbery (i.e. one where the bad guys get all the money without setting off the alarm systems and then get away clean leaving no clues) is "supernatural".
This would be false - it would be unexplained ("How was it done? Who did it?"), but it wouldn't be "supernatural" because NO ONE (rational) would ascribe the loss of money to "forces beyond understanding or the laws of nature" (the latter quote being part of the definition of supernatural).
Likewise electricity etc. wouldn't have been regarded as "supernatural" because, again, no one would have claimed that they broke any laws of nature (mainly because, at the time, no one knew what they were, but that's beside the point).

Neither does your persistence in posting incorrect claims.

I'm not posting incorrect claims, YOU ARE. This definition is from the dictionary, you yourself posted it.

"Forces beyond understanding." If you can't understand it, IT IS SUPERNATURAL.

It's NOT my fault that people have been widely using and labeling the word WRONGLY.

The loss of the money is not truly unexplained because the robbers know how they did it.

Once you understand the definition of the word supernatural, you will understand it is rational to believe in it, just like it's rational to believe in UFOs. This does NOT mean you believe in ghosts anymore than believing in UFOs means you believe in aliens. This is a source of much confusion that must be put to rest.

I'm not posting incorrect claims, YOU ARE.
Oh, wrong again.

"Forces beyond understanding." If you can't understand it, IT IS SUPERNATURAL.
Um, you missed an important point - "beyond understanding" not "currently unable to be understood".

It's NOT my fault that people have been widely using and labeling the word WRONGLY.
Got it! Everyone in the world but you has been wrong up until you decided to make the "correct" definition public.

The loss of the money is not truly unexplained because the robbers know how they did it.
Right. So once they're dead it THEN becomes supernatural.

Once you understand the definition of the word supernatural, you will understand it is rational to believe in it, just like it's rational to believe in UFOs. This does NOT mean you believe in ghosts anymore than believing in UFOs means you believe in aliens. This is a source of much confusion that must be put to rest.
Also wrong.

Um, you missed an important point - "beyond understanding" not "currently unable to be understood".

It's the same thing. Definitions aren't that specific. That's like saying the definition for unexplained is "unknown", not "currently unable to be understood".

Beyond understanding = unknown = unexplained = supernatural = beyond understanding.

Got it! Everyone in the world but you has been wrong up until you decided to make the "correct" definition public.

Strawman. I never said that. It is commonplace for people to think UFOs mean extraterrestrial intelligence also. The correct definition is JUST unidentified flying object. NOT that it is ET. People get this confused ALL THE TIME. And it's the same for supernatural. People think supernatural means ghosts, etc., when it just means something is unexplained.

Right. So once they're dead it THEN becomes supernatural.

If it is unknown or beyond understanding, it is supernatural, it is unexplained.

Also wrong.

Explain.

Unexplained doesn't mean unexplainable.

Unexplainable shouldn't be used in this context. It is impossible for something to be labeled "unexplainable" unless you are a god of some sort. How do you know it will never be explained? In informal speech the two words are interchangeable because we all know we aren't gods.

Either way, "beyond understanding" doesn't mean "can not ever be explained". It just means at this time, just like "unknown" or "not known".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back