Precognitive shadow?

Sarkus, you present a compelling perspective that cannot be ruled out. To me though, there is just something "hinkey" about the Photo.

p.s. - check math : if 0.1 seconds = 1.4 meters, then wouldn't 0.4 seconds = 5.6 meters ?
Again, depends where in the throwing motion the picture was taken, and the shutter speed.
This suggests 14m/s as the average speed of a thrown Frisbee
Wiki suggests the average blink is 100-400 milliseconds, so 0.1-0.4 seconds, suggesting a thrown Frisbee could have flown 1.4 to 4.2 metres in the "blink of an eye".
If this was a single image from a video, the shutter would be working typically at 30fps, so 1/30th sec, so you're looking at 40-50cm travel distance of a thrown Frisbee.

Very minor hiccup, in an otherwise well considered, and presented, position.

I'm just curious how the first question asked was actually, "Is this a precognitive shadow?" How the blue hell is that the first thing that comes to mind?

Wish-thinking, I guess.

I'm just curious how the first question asked was actually, "Is this a precognitive shadow?" How the blue hell is that the first thing that comes to mind?

Wish-thinking, I guess.

Hey, Balerion, anthropomorphizing a camera to endow it with cognitive, or precognitive ability, is minor compared to some of the behavior that is accepted, nay, seemingly condoned on this Forum!

Sarkus, you present a compelling perspective that cannot be ruled out. To me though, there is just something "hinkey" about the Photo.

p.s. - check math : if 0.1 seconds = 1.4 meters, then wouldn't 0.4 seconds = 5.6 meters ?

Very minor hiccup, in an otherwise well considered, and presented, position.
Lol! :D
Yes, your maths is correct. I actually put the human blink at up to 0.3 seconds, hence the 4.2m used, but then changed it to 0.4 seconds when I saw what wiki had to offer, without then changing the 4.2 to 5.6m.

Ah, the joys of only partially editing things.

Lol! :D
Yes, your maths is correct. I actually put the human blink at up to 0.3 seconds, hence the 4.2m used, but then changed it to 0.4 seconds when I saw what wiki had to offer, without then changing the 4.2 to 5.6m.

Ah, the joys of only partially editing things.

Grok'd!

Back