Poll: Most Americans Want a Biblical Leader as President

sandy

Banned
Banned
The majority of Americans want a president who mirrors Biblical ideals of leadership. 60% of those polled say they would be more likely to vote for a presidential candidate who speaks publicly about following the example of admirable leaders from the Bible and who uses the Bible for guidance in public and personal matters.

78% of respondents (86% of women and 68% of men) view candidates citing Scripture when explaining political positions as positive.

Most Americans voters want a candidate who has a servant-leader attitude. Respondents are more likely to support a candidate who sees the office as a privilege to serve others, with a responsibility to God.

Amen. :bravo:

http://www.churchexecutive.com/news.asp?N_ID=1024

The poll was conducted Jan. 25-27 on 1,008 adult respondents from throughout the United States. Nearly all respondents (95 percent) said they have some interaction with the Bible, ranging from well aware to exploring the contents of the Bible. Close to a quarter of participants said they were born-again Christians.

I would think 1000 isn't a big enough of a pool to accurately determine what the majority of Americans want. Also considering that a quarter of the participants are born again Christians, and that a quarter of the US certainly aren't born again Christian, I think it's safe to say that the findings probably aren't true.

I see that the "CHURCH EXECUTIVE NEWS" isn't biased at all, is it? Who did they pick to get this unbiased viewpoint?

While I'm aware that a great many of my fellow Americans are drooling mouthbreathers, I'm pleased to be able to dismiss this poll because of the lack of details of its methodology, and the obvious bias of the source.

There is an article on that site that you might want to pay attention to Sandy:

Regain respect by rejecting exclusion, author Grisham urges fellow Baptists
Grisham -- author of An Innocent Man, The Firm, A Time to Kill and The Testament, his first Christian-themed novel -- gave three suggestions to Baptists who seek to get off the defensive and restore their good name. First, he said, Baptists should truly respect diversity. “God made all of us, loves us equally and expects us to love each other equally without respect to gender, race, sexual orientation or other religions,” he said.

Second, he said, the church must stay out of politics.

“As a church, our mission is to serve God through teaching, preaching and serving others,” he said. “When the church gets involved in politics, it alienates many of the very people we are called to serve, and those who push politics will pay a price.”

Third, Grisham urged fellow Baptists to spend as much time out on the streets in ministry as in the church.

“Jesus preached more and taught more about helping the poor and the sick and the hungry than he did about heaven and hell,” he said. “Shouldn’t that tell us something?”

Christians are needed by the sick, the homeless, neglected seniors, scarred war veterans, impoverished children, refugees, immigrants and prisoners, Grisham said.

“We cannot pick and choose,” he said. “We need to get on with the business of serving others.”

Just another liberal I suppose. He makes Jesus sound like one too. Damn commie.

Last edited:
The poll was conducted Jan. 25-27 on 1,008 adult respondents from throughout the United States. Nearly all respondents (95 percent) said they have some interaction with the Bible, ranging from well aware to exploring the contents of the Bible. Close to a quarter of participants said they were born-again Christians.

I would think 1000 isn't a big enough of a pool to accurately determine what the majority of Americans want. Also considering that a quarter of the participants are born again Christians, and that a quarter of the US certainly aren't born again Christian, I think it's safe to say that the findings probably aren't true.

1000 people would give if i remember my statistics right around a 50% confidence in the results

I'm not going to dissect the thing into oblivion. :rolleyes: Many of today's polls sample around 1,000 people. I usually think polls are useless/stupid. I just thought this one was interesting. :)

I'm not going to dissect the thing into oblivion. :rolleyes: Many of today's polls sample around 1,000 people. I usually think polls are useless/stupid. I just thought this one was interesting. :)

Interesting, but still useless and stupid right? :)

I support Sandy. What the world needs is lots of begetting and more smiting. And let us all aspire to be like Sandy, Christian love personified.

At least you admit the worthlessness of polls.

I can't say that I disagree with this poll either. Why? Simple: we all have differing views of what "biblical" means. Most Americans are Christian, but there are so many differing views of what Christianity entails that this question is so vague that it really doesn't indicate anything more than people wanting (a) someone more moral and (b) more in touch with their views.

~String

Alot of people that aren't on-fire-for-Jebus pay lip service to Religious ideals. That's how much they have been brainwashed into thinking being Religious is the only way to be good. These are the people that celebrate Christmas but don't go to church, that scream nuke Mecca and hide Easter eggs for their kids.

Ok, they're all as good as dead! :D
I think Moses ascended pretty much undead too.
So did Jesus.

Even Hitler was a Christian, Catholic to be exact.

Catholic is only one of the zillions of denominations. Christians don't commit atrocities (at least the born-agains don't). Except for Haggard. I think what he did was an atrocity. He will have to answer to God (big/bad enough punishment...) :eek:

I would disagree that all the Biblical leaders are dead. The Bible says Jesus is alive and well inside the spirits of all His kids in the form of the Holy Spirit.

Catholic is only one of the zillions of denominations. Christians don't commit atrocities (at least the born-agains don't). Except for Haggard. I think what he did was an atrocity. He will have to answer to God (big/bad enough punishment...) :eek:

I would disagree that all the Biblical leaders are dead. The Bible says Jesus is alive and well inside the spirits of all His kids in the form of the Holy Spirit.

thats a lie and you know it. born agains are the ones who bomb abortion clinics which is an atrocity

thats a lie and you know it. born agains are the ones who bomb abortion clinics which is an atrocity

All you're going to get for your trouble is an endless No True Scotsman fallacy.

Born agains don't commit terrorist acts.

A man professing to be a born again commits an act of terrorism.

He is obviously not a true born again.

So do you believe Jesus is speaking through you when you write what you do ?

Back