Ouch! (Damn!)

David Horsey, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, April 11, 2008

• • •​

GetWarOn-730.jpg

David Rees, Get Your War On, April 9, 2008

GetWarOn-730.jpg

That one was great :O

David Horsey, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, April 11, 2008

In an ideal world that might be more accurate, but in the reality I find all this negative attention China is getting to be hugely disproportionate, and it reeks of sinophobia and/or racism.

The dangers of cartooning

Exhumed said:

In an ideal world that might be more accurate, but in the reality I find all this negative attention China is getting to be hugely disproportionate, and it reeks of sinophobia and/or racism.

Perhaps. Horsey frequently risks offense. And it frequently does. I recently posted his March 27 cartoon about the subprime crisis. He took a bit of heat over that one for treading on the edge of anti-Semitism. My suggestion is to keep an eye on his blog, Drawing Power; if he gets enough heat on this cartoon, he will respond. The first reader comment posted online reads, "Ladies and gentlemen, Hitler!"

Great. Now I have to write a citation on that.

Anyway, keep an eye on it.

Meanwhile, since the Olympics is, technically, tomorrow's panel, and today's is a local issue, why not look back to yesterday?

David Horsey, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, April 9, 2008

Notes:

NineInchNachos. "Comment #1904". SeattlePI.com. April 10, 2008. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/horsey/viewbydate.asp?id=1744

See Also:

Horsey, David. "Anti-Semitism or a failure to communicate?" Drawing Power. March 27, 2008. http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/davidhorsey/archives/135191.asp

041308.jpg

Obama's comments about us poor old bitter hicks who take refuge in guns, religion, and hating people who aren't like us may well be his undoing.

041308.jpg

Obama's comments about us poor old bitter hicks who take refuge in guns, religion, and hating people who aren't like us may well be his undoing.

if you read the whole quote it really is that bad basically all he said is when a group of people a desparate for help and the government ignores them they cling to their cultural aspects more. He also said no did anything for these people in the past but he will.

I think the Chinese government are gettting a raw deal in the media, yet not without good cause. Supporting the Mugabe regime, the Sudanese governement as well as the atrocities it allows in it's own country. I'm sorry but if China thinks it can host a world sporting event and remain detached from world poltics then they are being incredibly naive...

GYWO: Suicide

GetYerWarOn-730.jpg

David Rees, Get Your War On, May 7, 2008

• • •​

Note for PJ

That's a good one. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back