Paris Attacked: Dozens Dead and Hostages Taken

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Nah! I think ISIL have just run out of prerecorded messages... after all ...what good is a so called Mahdi if he can't do his thing....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, I don't know what your point is, the fact is the guys who organize, fund, lead and order these attacks do care about saving their asses and their pleasures.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. River Ape Valued Senior Member

It will indeed. It is worth noting that the Kouachi brothers (responsible for the Charlie Hebdo attack) and Coulibaly (the Kosher supermarket killings) were all home-grown French-born terrorists. The same applies to the first named suspect for the Friday 13 attacks: Mostefai is said have been born in Evry in Paris's southern suburbs. If some of the Friday 13 jihadists turn out to be Syrian, I would say that that is comparatively good news for France. Nothing can be more dangerous than breeding ones own terrorists: truly "an enemy within".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

We could say the same for Bin Laden until one evening he was visited by a team of US Navy SEALS. As I said before, these guys don't value the lives of their followers but the sure as hell do value their own asses. There are good reasons why they are keeping low. If they made public appearances they would become easy targets for the US and allied nations. They would be captured or blown to smithereens in rather short order. So they try to stay alive by keeping a low profile.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It appears one of the suicide bombers had second thoughts. He didn't blow himself up. He is now the missing 8th terrorist. I guess he decided at the last moment those 72 virgins weren't worth the price.

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Is there reason to think he had a vest? If so, where is it now?
    I have the impresion he was mainly just a driver - took the car far from any terror sites and abandonded it for another that was waiting there and headed back to Belgium in that "clean car." Saddly he was stopped, questioned, and then let go on his way.

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I think that if there are any civies left in Syria they should leave and leave very soon.
    You and I both know that all it takes is a hide out room with a video recording device and he would be able to record his sick evangelism and have it uploaded to the cloud thousands of kilos away. But he doesn't as far as I can tell. The latest video of him shown in connection to this Paris attack ( on mainstream media ) I believe was a repeat of an earlier video taken probably over 6 months ago dressed up to look like it was current and relevant. With ISIS preoccupation with social media and love of "demonstrations" to generate the fear they need to protect their agenda Baghdadi is being most remiss by not being active in this way.
    Here's my argument:
    There is a vast difference between Bin Laden and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
    Baghdadi is/was a self proclaimed ruler of all ISLAM ( the reincarnated Mahdi) and prepared to exterminate any opposition to his claim and belief system. Hence the killing of Muslims not aligned to his thinking.
    Bin Laden never made such a claim nor did Bin Laden attempt religious genocide against alternative Muslim views.

It would be in Baghdadi's interests to maintain a propaganda profile to support his deluded rule... and he has not done so.

Even a psychopath like he is, is predictable, if one understands what his delusions of grandeur are. His vanity and pride would force him to maintain a publication regime. He has not done so.
    So I believe one could quite rationally consider reports of his death some 6 months ago to be most likely accurate.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

It will be interesting to see what the next edition of Charlie Hebdo contains... ( published every Wednesday I believe)

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

deleted due to lack of research

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  13. Bells Staff Member

It wasn't just those security guards who deserve a pat on the back and recognition for their efforts to save lives.

ISIS did not just target Paris in the last few days. They also attacked Lebanon and one of Lebanon's Shiite communities..

AS THE world comes to grips with the horror of the bombings in Paris and Lebanon, one man is being hailed as a hero.

Young father Adel Termos risked his own life to tackle a man wearing an explosives vest, which some believe prevented the suicide bomber from entering a Shiite mosque and killing many more people.

Termos was with his daughter at the mosque in southern Lebanon when his afternoon prayers were interrupted by an explosion caused by a suicide bomber.

He went outside to check out what was happening when he saw a man running down a hill screaming “Allahu akbar”, Termos’s father, Akram Termos, told CNN.

Despite the danger to his own life, the 32-year-old car mechanic and father of two, ran towards the suicide bomber and pinned him to the ground. He was killed when the man detonated his vest.

Termos’ actions are believed to have saved the lives of many others, but his story and the bombings in Lebanon have largely been overshadowed by the Paris attacks.

“There are many many families, hundreds of families probably, who owe their completeness to his sacrifice, ” Beirut physician Elie Fares said in her blog.

[...]

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the twin suicide bombings that killed about 45 people including Termos. More than 200 people were injured. But Termos’ daughter was among the survivors.

In all, 45 people died in the attacks in Southern Lebanon. 200 were injured. Adel Termos prevented many more deaths by literally sacrificing himself to stop one of the suicide bombers. There was a third bomber, who died when the second bomb which killed Adel Termos exploded. They found his body and the vest intact after the blast. Had Termos not acted as he had, the numbers would have been horrific. A small town would have been decimated and hundreds more families would have been in mourning.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, if they do, they just perpetuate the problem. They need to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. The need to stand-up to their government. They need to take a stand.

True enough, but that really isn't the issue. Their leadership has never been one to relish appearances in any media much less Western media. ISIS isn't a personality cult. Their leadership finds comfort in the shadows. It has always been that way.

Well if killing Muslims is not aligned to his thinking, he has certainly killed a great number of them. He killed in a very horrible way the Jordanian pilot downed over ISIS controlled territory. ISIS has killed a number of Islamic believers as documented in the UN paper referenced below.

"What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/07/isis-s-gruesome-muslim-death-toll.html

There is no doubt ISIS values its propaganda. It's heavily dependent upon it. And as bad as Baghdadi is, he isn't a fool. He values his hide. That's why he keeps a low profile. He saw what happened to Bin Ladin. He doesn't want to find US Navy SEALS on his doorstep some evening.

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Have to agree to disagree... their social media videos clearly indicates their leadership just love the notoriety.
    Here's the rub IMO.
    Even if IS were to be successful in world domination and have exterminated all disbelievers, their very own dogma will ultimately destroy them. They may not realize yet but terrorism can be against them and the rise of it in their own ranks will ultimately mean they fail. This is because the only way to defeat terrorism is through good secular government, by the people for the people. This is a fact of life, proven repeatedly throughout history and not subject to negotiation.

Living in hiding for the rest of your life, always looking over your shoulder, always fearful of betrayal and treachery is not a nice way to live... just ask Bin Laden.

My guess is that right now across the world every Muslim is examining their faith and attempting to work out how to deal with the obvious Koranic contradictions being demonstrated by IS. Most people regardless of faith are not all that interested in beheading their neighbor so it will be interesting to see how many persons maintain their faith in Islam and not convert to a religion more user friendly.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has only appeared once in public. That isn't by any measure a demonstration of notoriety.

Well, that is theoretical. ISIS will never achieve its goals or even come close. Most folks can recognize ISIS for what it is.

Agreed...but it doesn't stop people like Baghdadi. And you have to remember people like Baghdadi came from nothing, and now he sits atop ISIS. He has an army and he rules as a sovereign over portions of Iraq and Syria. So his burden is not without plenty of personal benefits. Baghdadi now lives a relatively plush existence compared to his pre ISIS existence. People in general in that region of the world are accustom to looking over their backs. They are accustomed to uncertainty. Saddam was pretty brutal with his people too.

Let's look at the ISIS value proposition:

1) Women (wives and slaves)
    2) Money, most have never had jobs
    3) Power

Those are pretty strong incentives when you consider most of the young men who join ISIS have never had a job or even held a girl's hand. Unfortunately for ISIS, most men have done all of those things and that is why ISIS will never have the ability take over the world.

Most Muslims are probably very comfortable with their religion and are not looking to convert to any other religion. Although, I am certain many are embarrassed by the acts of Islamic fanatics like ISIS. I have had business relationships with a number of Muslims in America. Like many Christians, their religion was only important when it benefited them personally.

The last Muslim I did business with cheated on his wife, used illicit drugs, and drank alcohol all day long. But when it came to business, he was very quick to lean on his Islamic faith to justify his wants.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I believe you are underestimating just how tough it is to be a peace loving Muslim in an ever increasing Islamophobic world... and your business experience with Muslims IMO can not be considered as being at all common but more an exception than the rule.
    Most Muslim people as with most religious people take their religions quite seriously.
    The last person I spoke to of Muslim faith ( a 18 year old high school student) after the Australian Grand Mufti failed to adequately state his position on the Paris massacres, indicated a huge vexation or conflict as to how to accommodate traditional and contemporary values.

I believe that many Muslim people are seriously examining their commitment to their religion.

"There are many ways that a person can worship God and his creation, and religion is only but one of them."

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Maybe so, but I don't spend much time worrying about it. I think most Muslims are peaceful folk. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, and only a few thousand at best are running around trying to murder innocent people in the name of their God, and only a few thousand are going ape-shit because Mohammad has been pictured in a manner not to their pleasing.

ISIS is a flash in the pan. History will barely remember them. ISIS needs money in order to survive, take it away and it can no longer afford to pay its troops.

19. Bells Staff Member

Around two weeks ago, three Republican Presidential candidates (well two since one recently dropped out), attended a conference held by the Freedom 2015: National Religious Liberties Conference and hosted by Pastor Kevin Swanson. Huckabee, Jindal and Cruz were all interviewed on the stage by Swanson. The very same stage that Swanson ran around screaming and waving his arms in the air, ranting about how homosexuals needed to be put to death.

At this conference, Fuck-knuckle Pastor Kevin Swanson raved and ranted about how homosexuals needed to be put to death, because the bible apparently says so. On the very same stage that he interviewed the three Republican candidates. You can watch the spectacle here, it starts at around 6 minutes into the video. Worth the watch, to be honest.

The very same man, who a week before the Paris attack, was interviewing Presidential candidates and demanding gays be executed by the State, has cropped up again.. This time, about the attacks in Paris.

A Christian pastor who hosted Republican presidential candidates a week before the Paris terrorist attack says its victims received divine retribution for worshipping Satan.

Kevin Swanson of Generations Ministries said last Thursday that the 89 people massacred inside the Bataclan theater were “devil-worshippers.” Two weeks earlier, Swanson headlined his own “Freedom 2015: National Religious Liberties Conference” featuring Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, and Bobby Jindal.

Swanson believes God will annihilate America for tolerating homosexuality and seemed to say God already made an example out of the Bataclan.

“There’s certainly a providential irony here,” Swanson said of the fact that California rock band Eagles of Death Metal reportedly played “Kiss the Devil” as terrorists began firing AK-47s into the crowd. “They went from singing about the devil to meeting the devil face-to-face.”

“When you get a wake-up call like what happened at France’s 9/11 last Friday night at the concert,” he said, “I think we all need to pay attention to what’s happening: This is a message from God. God is shooting a shot across the bow and we better be paying attention to this.”

In short, the attacks in Paris occurred because America has gay marriage.. Because you know.. AMERICA!

And God is ordering hits on innocent men and women for listening to heavy metal music because gay marriage and AMERICA!..

Not content with this offensive piece of drivel, Fuck-knuckle Pastor Kevin Swanson then had this to say of those who were lucky enough to survive the terrorist attack:

“I think we need to ask the concertgoers, at least those who survived, did you love the devil? Did you love the devil’s works as your friends were being shot up in the massacre?”

Just to make sure that people did not confuse him with praising ISIS for murdering the "devil worshippers", Fuck-Knuckle Pastor Kevin Swanson then said this:

Swanson then claimed he wasn’t taking sides between peaceful victims and Islamic terrorists.

“These ISIS devil-worshippers have pitted themselves against humanist devil-worshippers. I’m not on either side here. I’m not taking the side of the devil-worshippers performing the concert; I’m not on the side of ISIS who are slaughtering the devil-worshippers inside the concert. I’m not on neither side.”

Well gee, thanks Fuck-Knuckle Pastor Kevin Swanson! It's good to know what side you are on. Apparently the victims are not worthy of consideration because they were apparently devil worshippers for listening to heavy metal and because AMERICA has gay marriage.

As expected, Cruz and Huckabee have yet to respond to queries about the very man they were praising two weeks ago at the same event he was demanding gays be killed.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Here's an interesting ( possibly expected ) finding by the Paris forensics:
    "It's been dubbed the "jihadist's drug" because of its ability to mask pain, fear and hunger, and keep fighters awake, calm and alert for long stretches.

Captagon — a synthetic amphetamine-based pill — is considered the drug of choice for Islamic State fighters in Syria, Iraq and, now it seems, Paris.

When French police raided a hotel room at Alfortville, south-east of Paris, last week they found a stash of syringes, needles and plastic tubing."
    src: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-24/captagon-the-drug-that-kept-the-paris-attackers-calm/6970464

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This finding has yet to be confirmed but a little research provides an insight into the Jihadists psychology. IMO

"On 27 October 2015 a member of the Saudi royal family, prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz, and four others were detained in Beirut on charges of drug trafficing after airport security discovered two tons of Captagon (fenethylline) pills and some cocaine on a private jet scheduled to depart for the Saudi capital of Riyadh. The following month Agence France Press reported that the Turkish authorities had seized 2 tonnes of Captagon during raids in the Hatay region on the Syrian border. The pills, almost 11 million of them, had been produced in Syria and were being shipped to countries in the Arab states of the Persian Gulf.[16]

The drug played a central role in the Syrian civil war."
    src: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenethylline