Masturbation/Testosterone

Originally Posted by Absane
5 days rest for triceps? Are you mad? If you are recovered after 48 hours.. why not hit the triceps again? I do squats 3 times a week.
Triceps are a relatively small muscle group(biceps also) and are easy to overtrain. They are also worked secondarly with many chest and shoulder exercises such as bench press, chest dips, military press, lateral raises etc. So why would you do dumbell kickbacks and and close grip bench presses more than once a week? Squats 3 times a week is crazy. I do squats no more than twice a week and one of those days is with relatively low intensity.

Your muscles need up to four days to recover depending on the intensity and when trying to increase your strength it needs to be pretty intense.

well i really think that it has no effect at all, remember the body its in constant
homeostasis, so the levels of testosterone will maintain a specific level,
this is controlled by the negative feedback process. :cool:

Triceps are a relatively small muscle group(biceps also) and are easy to overtrain. They are also worked secondarly with many chest and shoulder exercises such as bench press, chest dips, military press, lateral raises etc. So why would you do dumbell kickbacks and and close grip bench presses more than once a week? Squats 3 times a week is crazy. I do squats no more than twice a week and one of those days is with relatively low intensity.

Your muscles need up to four days to recover depending on the intensity and when trying to increase your strength it needs to be pretty intense.

Squating 3 times a week is not that bad if you eat good food and sleep well enough.

But studies have shown (and feel free to look them up) that training a muscle twice a week is better than training a muscle once a week. And there is a slight increase if you do it three times a week.

The thing with these "hit the muscle one time a week" programs is that they are designed for those that are:

a) advanced bodybuilders
b) they have a well-rounded base that just needs some touching up.

Like if someone's lats are out of proportion to his legs but he has a big base, well full-body 3-times a week isn't going to help him proportion wise. Plus, to even mention "out of proportion" one must have a great base to work from... which you only get from doing compound work for years.

It seems everyone wants to follow the workouts they see in the muscle magazines... but most people don't realize that they are crap.

But yes... Every other day I do a full body workout. By the weekend I am worn out and by monday I am ready to go at it again :)

67 fucking dollars! There's no way I'm paying 67 dollars for that!

Even though I want it. Bad. :(

Why do you want it? Assuming you're not joking...

I've gone 11 months 13 hours and about 45 minutes without masturbating

Does that mean i should get my balls checked out for cancer?

Yes. That tumor may have spread to your penis already, but it might not be too late!

I've gone 11 months 13 hours and about 45 minutes without masturbating

Does that mean i should get my balls checked out for cancer?

I've gone about 45 minutes and I'm considering another :eek:

All I was detesting was your statement that most woman couldn't even last 3 weeks..... and so what I'm saying is that most can easliy last that long.
The way I think of it is that for us men, sex is a need just as strong as the need for food. When we don't get it, it soon becomes all we think about just like when you miss a meal or two. The longer it's been, the stronger the desire. And just as average food tastes better when hungry, ugly chicks look better and better the longer it's been since orgasm for a man. Average women become fascinating, irresistable. And good looking women, totally overwelming, like the sight of an oasis to a man dying of thirst.

For a woman, sex is like going to the movies. Pleasant, maybe even great. But there is no ever growing need as in men.

I've heard that if you don't masturbate for like three weeks that your testosterone levels go way up. Is this true? I am pretty serious about weightlifting, so this could be useful to me. I have the will power to keep from doing it for that long and I'm just wondering if it would be healthy. Thanks.
Mmmmm.... i am going to start a conspiracy here, and say you are Draqon...

Right now my bench press is somewhere in the 330-360 range. My squat is probably in the 450-500 range. I've been lightening up of my lifting lately and been focusing more effort on my running. I'm a senior in high school right now and I'm going into the army after I graduate and being able to run well will do me more good than a big squat and bench press.

Edit:

My goal is to get three miles in 18 minutes or less before I graduate while mantaining as much of my strength as possible.
Before you graduate high school? If you are in highschool, go out for cross country. I joined for pretty much the same reason (to get in shape) and I was, by far, the biggest guy on the team. They called me "the wedge" because I'd run in formation with this other fairly big guy and not let the little guys pass. We turned cross country into a contact sport!

Anyway, I pretty much sucked at cross country but could run the 3.2 mile race in 18 minutes flat before long. (the good guys could do it in 15 minutes flat).

The way I think of it is that for us men, sex is a need just as strong as the need for food. When we don't get it, it soon becomes all we think about just like when you miss a meal or two. The longer it's been, the stronger the desire. And just as average food tastes better when hungry, ugly chicks look better and better the longer it's been since orgasm for a man. Average women become fascinating, irresistable. And good looking women, totally overwelming, like the sight of an oasis to a man dying of thirst.

For a woman, sex is like going to the movies. Pleasant, maybe even great. But there is no ever growing need as in men.

Bollocks. Utter bollocks.

Bollocks. Utter bollocks.
Boy, that quote must have really gotten your goat. It wasn't even from this thread . What thread was it from, and when did I post it? Because I don't remember.

It's not that I don't stand behind what I said, I just wonder how much trouble you went to in finding that quote.

Boy, that quote must have really gotten your goat. It wasn't even from this thread . What thread was it from, and when did I post it? Because I don't remember.

It's not that I don't stand behind what I said, I just wonder how much trouble you went to in finding that quote.

your posted it 2 years ago, post #46, mine telling us if you changed your mind after these last 2 years or if your still ignorant?

your posted it 2 years ago, post #46, mine telling us if you changed your mind after these last 2 years or if your still ignorant?
Two years ago! WTF. It's nice to know that the words I put down here aren't just lost in the ether. But it really amazes me that someone would recall something that I said two years ago and bring it up today.

Do I still believe that? Yes. In fact, I think it warrants a new thread.

Two years ago! WTF. It's nice to know that the words I put down here aren't just lost in the ether. But it really amazes me that someone would recall something that I said two years ago and bring it up today.

Do I still believe that? Yes. In fact, I think it warrants a new thread.

Please, Draqon was just quoting me from 5 years ago, i think the problem is someone resurrected this thread and then people started reading it from the beginning not noticing the time stamp.

ElectricFetus...even after all this years the men of honor stand by their words of wisdom, tested by time

Please, Draqon was just quoting me from 5 years ago, i think the problem is someone resurrected this thread and then people started reading it from the beginning not noticing the time stamp.
5 years ago! What are you, a founding member of SciForums?

Back