ISU (Infinite Spongy Universe) Model - SciForums Update 2018

No, in my model, the universe is characterized by the Three Infinities, space, time, and energy. Hence something never becomes nothing, everything has always existed, no beginning, no creation, just an infinite and eternal universe.

Clearly you are correct as that is the way I see it and there is no way we could be both wrong.

However taking a position where one does not have a point of creation has you off side with everyone...I hope that does not worry you.

I hope you have been well.

Alex

Two real infinities , space and energy .

The phony infinity is time . Since the absence of time , does not mean that movement , action is or has or will take place , will not happen .
Nonsense. Time exists..it is interchangeable with space, and the two together are known as spacetime...the stuff that bends, warps, curves, twists, etc.
If there was no time, there would be no space...if there was no space, there would be no time...both evolved from t+10-43 seconds.

Where did you dig that nonsensical bit of information from river?
Gravitational waves extend outwards from the source in all directions, much as water waves extend outwards when one throws a pebble into a lake.
I always wonder what it is that waves travel in...an ether of some description I expect.
QW do you have waves traveling in something?
Alex

To your last statement , then what ?
Just what it says.....
"Ultimately, if the universe reaches a state in which the temperature approaches a uniform value, no further work will be possible, resulting in a final heat death of the universe".

No, in my model, the universe is characterized by the Three Infinities, space, time, and energy. Hence something never becomes nothing, everything has always existed, no beginning, no creation, just an infinite and eternal universe.

Clearly you are correct as that is the way I see it and there is no way we could be both wrong.

So you both are perfectly right ?

I always wonder what it is that waves travel in...an ether of some description I expect.
Alex
Hya Alex!! I would say at a stretch, that spacetime could be imagined as the ether...perhaps.
Afterall it is spacetime that photons travel through, and it is spacetime that is gravity in the presence of mass.
It is specifically the background framework against which we locate all events.

Just what it says.....
"Ultimately, if the universe reaches a state in which the temperature approaches a uniform value, no further work will be possible, resulting in a final heat death of the universe".

Absolute Zero Temperatures , extreme cold . Says that there is more to this Universe than just heat .

Alex
Alex
Yes, I call it the medium of space, which is filled everywhere with gravitational wave energy coming and going in all directions from the out flowing gravitational wave energy emitted by mass. Mass also absorbs wave energy in amounts equal to the out flow, so the result is that space always is filled with energy, wave energy, and on that basis, the medium of space is gravitational wave energy.

Yes, I call it the medium of space, which is filled everywhere with gravitational wave energy coming and going in all directions from the out flowing gravitational wave energy emitted by mass. Mass also absorbs wave energy in amounts equal to the out flow, so the result is that space always is filled with energy, wave energy, and on that basis, the medium of space is gravitational wave energy.
Not bad, except its spacetime, although many do confuse the two concepts.

Hya Alex!! I would say at a stretch, that spacetime could be imagined as the ether...perhaps.
Afterall it is spacetime that photons travel through, and it is spacetime that is gravity in the presence of mass.
It is specifically the background framework against which we locate all events.

I am shopping and as you do when shopping became preoccupied with cosmology.

It all became clear and happily I can report I have figured it all out.

I hope I can remember it and write it down when I get home.

Just ordered the scope and the mount and bought a 4wd winch to motorised the roof on the observatory and a bottle of scotch to celebrate..ain't astronomy winderful.?

Alex

Not bad, except its spacetime, although many do confuse the two concepts.
Spacetime is a term used by the big bang model the current preferred model but here I think we are hypothesizing upon a new model, which is so very exciting, and although different if reasonable must fit the current model...anyways don't worry it all came to me in the frozen goods section . After my scotch I will post my findings.
Alex

Sure is, and wonderful without all the crap that some like to discuss.
Did you see that awesome photo of the crater on Mars filled with water ice?http://www.sciforums.com/threads/korolev-crater-on-mars.163339/
I haven't been there if that is what you are asking...I think that is where frozen fish come from.
Yes I look at all that stuff...and best tell River about the face on Mars damaged by atomic warfare but you can still make it out.
Alex

Spacetime is a term used by the big bang model the current preferred model but here I think we are hypothesizing upon a new model, which is so very exciting, and although different if reasonable must fit the current model...anyways don't worry it all came to me in the frozen goods section . After my scotch I will post my findings.
Alex
Yes, we are hypothesizing, and the model is the Infinite Spongy Universe model. It doesn't exactly fit the current model :), doesn't have a beginning, has multiple big bangs across infinite space and time, and gravitational wave energy fills all space; that pretty much covers it.

Back