iam new here from Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for you share with me

but i like rap and mix songs too like 50 cent

in the afghanistan every night we watch the indian serials like kasuti zindagi, Dulhaan, Tulsi, DAstan har khana, worasat and etc .... i like them and my family too like that serial.

What do you think about my english?

Thanks for you share with me

but i like rap and mix songs too like 50 cent

I'm not much of a rapper myself. But I'm sure someone will pop in soon enough from the other members.
in the afghanistan every night we watch the indian serials like kasuti zindagi, Dulhaan, Tulsi, DAstan har khana, worasat and etc .... i like them and my family too like that serial.

Oh geez I don't watch soap operas. Sorry.

What do you think about my english?

You can communicate. Its much better than anyone elses Dari here. Or Pashto, or whatever it is you speak as a first language.

Tell me where are you from?
I am American, 66 years old. My home is in California but I have been working in the Washington DC region for several years. I'm a professional writer and editor and I'm the Moderator of the Linguistics subforum; I've studied several languages, with varying degrees of fluency. I have more than 40 years experience in information technology. I'm also a musician, playing bass guitar, and my wife and I raise Lhasa Apso dogs.

Interesting. Not to deviate from the topic, but what do you write, Fraggle?

Oh and dude its cool how Afghani culture is so strongly intertwined with Indian culture...clearly Prince watches Indian soap operas, that says alot, no wonder Russians were unable to influence this culture, its way too different. Kyrgyzstan however right next to Afghanistan is totally different in that aspect.

hey buddies When i start post here you don''t have opposite with me

tell me where are you froms?
I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Indiana is the red state in the map below:
indiana.gif

And Fort Wayne is represented by the pin in the map of Indiana:

Indiana_Fort_Wayne.png

I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Indiana is the red state in the map below:
indiana.gif

And Fort Wayne is represented by the pin in the map of Indiana:

Indiana_Fort_Wayne.png

an american who doesnt just assume that everyone knows where his state is,i am beholden to you sir.

an american who doesnt just assume that everyone knows where his state is,i am beholden to you sir.

its just a sarcastic gesture...like "here I am an American and let me show you the guy from Afghanistan where I am, because I surely don't expect you to know where America is"

its just a sarcastic gesture...like "here I am an American and let me show you the guy from Afghanistan where I am, because I surely don't expect you to know where America is"

it didnt seem that way.
most people know where america is (vaguely) but few know the state layout.
i noticed a strange thing though that when most americans introduce themselves and say where theyre from they say the state rather than the country..

thanks friend

What do you think friends about my english i think i know a little english and some of my friends told me you can not speak what are the ways to i speak better ?

thanks friend

What do you think friends about my english i think i know a little english and some of my friends told me you can not speak what are the ways to i speak better ?

You need practice and talking to people who speak English and can correct you is a good start. Fraggle Rocker is our lingustics moderator and is a good source of information on the language. Stick around and you'll learn something

Thanks dear S.A.M i try to learn more english here and enjoy english language .

would you correct my grammar mistakes here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back