I Need Help With My Problem Coding In C and C++ In NetBeans

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by mmatt9876, Dec 29, 2016.

1. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I installed NetBeans with JDK 8 for Java but I am having problems coding in C and C++. I installed the plugin to code in C and C++ but I cannot find the tool collections needed to run C and C++ programs on my computer. I have MinGW on my computer somewhere. Where can I find the MinGW tools on my computer and how can I apply MinGW to NetBeans for C and C++ coding?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I fixed my problem with NetBeans. I installed CodeBlocks with the MinGW components but in doing so I did not actually install a copy of MinGW that I could use elsewhere, such as with NetBeans, so I downloaded the MinGW components myself and NetBeans automatically found them and applied the components for use and now I can run C and C++ programs with NetBeans.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

To install MinGW on my computer for use in NetBeans I downloaded the MinGW Installer and I selected Basic Setup and downloaded the MinGW developer toolkit, MinGW 32 base installation, and the GNU C++ compiler.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Cygwin is another set of free programming tools you can use in NetBeans to code in C or C++.

8. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Two other popular IDEs for coding in C and C++ are Eclipse and CodeBlocks. MinGW and Cygwin both work with those IDEs.