How does water not spin off the earth?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Spencer666, Dec 26, 2019.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I'm not watching your youtube videos, unless you make them somehow relevant to the thread topic.

Please address the original argument I put to you about why water doesn't flow to the equator.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spencer666 Registered Member

But you are not explaining how the water with a low viscosity can oppose the centrifuge force at the equator and stay above and below the equator .

How can some of the water bulge at the equator behaving in a correct physics manner whilst water below and above the equator can ''ignore'' the physics of the centrifuge ?

My videos demonstrated viscosity .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Viscosity is irrelevant because the water isn't flowing anywhere, due to the balance of forces that I explained in the post you quoted.

Viscosity involves friction forces between molecules. In this case, friction is irrelevant, because the water molecules aren't flowing past one another.

You still haven't addressed the argument about the force balance that I put to you. Is there a problem with my argument about the three forces balancing? If so, you need to put a valid counter-argument.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: Spencer666 has been permanently banned from sciforums for trolling.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Farewell, Spencer666, at least until your next sock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2020
  9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

We may actually have already had that: DRDK made a brief and tiresome appearance before being banned yesterday.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

By the way, further evidence of the identity of Spencer. See this discussion on another forum in which the new poster, who appeared just after Spencer was banned here, raises the same rubbish about the spin of the Earth and then acknowledges that he knows me of old: https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/the-cul.228905/page-3

11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

breaking news
    fake gravity holds worlds water to hostage by not letting it spin-its-self-off(is that sexual?)

gravity was asked recently and it denied it was responsible

investigations are continuing but the gravity of the situation seems to be lost

brought to you by Higgs, Boson & Centrifugal industrys inc