Homosexuality is a disease

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Aborted_Fetus, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Mere logic doesnt mean anything. There have been many, many logical sequences in history that seemed not to work when tried out in real life. I mean even the original elements or humours or suchlike made some sort of logical sense, but happen to be wrong.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Homosexuality is not a disease.
    However, you are niether born with it.
    I believe i can explain the governing parameters behind it.

1. Some of course might try to satisfy their sexual need in a different way.
    2. some might want to be a clothing designer, but it is not excepted for a man and being gay lets them escape that.
    3. Some wish to matter, do something extreme to be recognized.
    4. Some probably rebell against their parents.
    5. Some might even rebell against society.
    6. Some probably feel more relaxed in company of men.

still think it is sick thou

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

There's a 3 year old boy down my block who loves pink.
    His mother's bra he keeps in his room and when he puts it on it looks like a parachute.

But yes, we need to cure homosexuality along with menstruation and pubes. Ick, diseases!

8. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

baal: there are many studies that point to the fact that most homosexuals ARE born gay. i beleive the leading theory is that a certain hormone imbalance during fetal development can lead to homosexuality.

this is just rediculous. unless a man has homosexual tendancies in the first place, there is no way he will turn to men for sexual needs. any straight man is disgusted by the idea of sexual relations with another man.

that is just rediculous. i hope that was a joke.

referring to what i said before, there is no truely heterosexual male that will do anything with another man, no matter how bad he wants the attention.

so you are saying that someone would become gay because they dont like their parents? come on.

does this mean that someone that society rejects can grow to become gay? i dont see the relation. if society rejects you, why do something that will likely get you more rejected?

there is a BIG difference between preferring the company of men and engaging in sexual activity with a man. just because a man prefers hanging out with the guys, going to the bar, playing poker, or whatnot, that gives him a reason to go gay?

i dont think you make any valid points, most people agree that homosexuality is genetics/hormone imbalance.

gendaken: just because a 3 year old plays with a bra, it doesnt mean he is gay. he probably doesnt even know what it is. in fact, the materials of a bra are probably quite attractive to any 3 year old. if he was older and knew exactly what he was doing, even crossdressing in public, then i would agree.

9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Guano.

Make him a 5 or a 6 year old then- how many little boys do we see go from this fruity 3 year old to an even fruitier grade schooler? It follows them from they day they are born because their predilictions are biological.
    Boy's a pixie, will die a pixie.

10. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

gendanken, the 3 year old does not know what he is doing. i agree, if he is gay, he was from the day he was born til the day he dies. but, there is no way a 3 year old can know what he is doing at that age. to a child, a bra is just a peice of fancy fabric. they cannot understand the social implications that wearing a bra has. i dont think, at three years old, you can determine if a boy is a fruit. wait a few more years, and who knows.

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

So?

He's gay. Just can't fucking label it.

12. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

A study I read about in my Psychology book very cleverly used identical twins to learn the causes of homosexuality. Their results found that if one of the twins were gay, the chances of the other one being gay was about 50%. This is true of females too.

So homosexuality is at least partly genetic. Another influence is prenatal development. A male fetus may not get the right amount of male hormones or too many female hormones which could cause him to grow up to be a real fancy boy.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Everyone's jumping all over this guy for suggesting that homosexuality is a disease? I guess whether or not it's a disease depends on the individual affected. There are probably some gays that would take a cure if it really worked. I KNOW that most parents would give it to their children. Homosexuality is like a short circuit in the reproductive system. I see nothing wrong with searching for a cure for homosexuality and, frankly, I believe that one day it will be found. So long as the cure is not forced upon you, whats the problem? Then homosexuality would really be a "sexual preference".

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

The only way I can see to cure it will be with cybernetics.

16. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

Wow, I can't believe how intense this is and (more importantly) how fast the thread got to 5 pages. I think Aborted_Fetus is essentially a brainwashed child that has likely never even met a gay person but he started the thread with an interesting observation:

I think that's an interesting point and the activity of this thread shows it. This is a VERY touchy subject. It's fascinating how knee jerk the reactions from both sides of this issue can get, it's basically been a 5 page yelling match.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  17. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

buffys, if you read my posts before, you would know that i had a gay roommate for almost a year. i am also working a job right now and my boss is gay (lesbian). i have met many gay people, and i have no problem with them...even though i object to the lifestyle, thats just the way they are, they cant help it. just like if someone had a pyhsical disability, i wouldnt treat them any differently. i am not homophobic as many of you probably think. i highly doubt a homophobe could live with a homosexual as i did (not by choice, as a college roommate, but i still put up no objections). i also have a gay cousin (actually my mom's cousin, i dont know how that relates to me), so i was not brought up to hate homosexuals or anything like that. i was also brought up catholic, but i am now atheist. as you can see i am not brainwashed, i clearly think for myself, and looking at this topic logically and rationally, i still beleive that homosexuality is a disorder, and as madanthonywayne said, a cure should be made available for those who desire it.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you wonder why its touchy?

if the goverment and even every man and his dog was saying that you cant marry the girl YOU love, you have to marry THAT girl you dont even find atractive

if people made coments on who YOU were with, and that who you slept with was "important" enough that every paper had peoples opinion polls on it

that who u screwed was "important" enough for it to be an ELECTION ISSUE

that people make laws JUST to stop YOU marrying the girl YOU love

That people even think its RELIVANT enough to TALK about it

think how YOU would feel if someone said that your atrcation to that cute bond your going to marry is a disease

if people were every day PREACHING against your loving her

if the fact that you ADMIT you love her stoped you getting a job, helping out at the brothers kids football games, or the scouts or anything else

wouldnt YOU be annoyed?

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

what is the problem then? You have been with a gay roommate and you are still not gay. Apparently the thing you classified as a disease is not contageous. No public health hazard then for having gay people in society.

20. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

and 5% of people are Native Americans, so what?

How is homosexuality any sort of impairment, especialy of emotional or behavior functioning? You really should head back to school and take Psychology101 again.

By the way, as for the idea of homosexuality being a mental disorder, here's what the American Psychological Association has to say:

I suggest you take a look at the rest of the FAQ at that address, you might just learn something.

I find the fact that you'd run around asking why no one has seriously looked into this to be rather funny. The question is why are you running around spouting such awful misconceptions without having really looked into the matter yourself?

21. darktr00per Registered Senior Member

Homosexuality is a product of abundance. It was previlant among Greek and Roman civs. This stems from lack of suvival needs. In a civilization of abundance like the USA, people dont need to think about survival--we can indulge in pleasures of the flesh. In a society where survival is first, homosexuality is not a need and would quickly kill off any homos(for those who think its genetic). Therefore any gays who think thye are born in this way are sadly mistaken. If they are truly born with a genetic mutation they would have died off a long time ago.(since homos cant procreate). any comments please feel free to join in.

-Darktr00per

22. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

I think you should blame parents and society for having a gay kid,

the parents have given their kid incorrect parameters and therefore the kid becomes gay to please his parents. Or some rebell against their parents.
    Gedanken, the 3 year old kid, he has been raised poorly and he will most likely grow up to go to fashion school and become a member in Fab 5.

I think this is the reason in most cases. Parents or Environment is the source of all bad.

23. darktr00per Registered Senior Member

Most gays are raised by a mother or grandmother only, or in some cases have been molested. Bith stem from childhood abnormailities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.