Forum software has been upgraded

zox

udba
Administrator
As with any major update, there may be unforeseen issues that arise. Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to fix issues and ensure the forum is running smoothly.

If you encounter any glitches, bugs, or if something just doesn’t seem right, please let us know in this thread.

Thanks,
zox

As with any major update, there may be unforeseen issues that arise. Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to fix issues and ensure the forum is running smoothly.

If you encounter any glitches, bugs, or if something just doesn’t seem right, please let us know in this thread.

Thanks,
zox
No glitch, my mistake.

Last edited:
Is this right?

To find who a poster is quoting in their post, you have to click on the empty space above the quote to be taken to who is being quoted.
I'm quoting you above but zox doesn't appear above the quote.
It was not right :)

Seems to be working well so far. The log-in bug seems to be gone.

Thank you for your efforts, it's appreciated

Thank goodness the links are still drab and achromatic. I was afraid all the bold and underline tags I added to make them stand out better, over the years, might have been rendered pointless.
_

Hmm... Animated avatars no longer seem to work. Nothing about whether the limit is still 97.7kb or not.
_

I just returned and it didn't recognize my cookies. I tried logging in but it didn't work. (It worked fine a few hours ago.) But clicking 'Home' up on the top bar got me in. So the same old log-in bug is still out there

Hmm... Animated avatars no longer seem to work. Nothing about whether the limit is still 97.7kb or not.
_
It seems that default image processor was GD instead of Imagemagick. GD was not able to create animated avatars in different dimensions which the app is using in posts, so if you need animation you should re-up the avatar. There's no easy option to rebuild all avatars automatically.

Reactions: C C
It seems that default image processor was GD instead of Imagemagick. GD was not able to create animated avatars in different dimensions which the app is using in posts, so if you need animation you should re-up the avatar. There's no easy option to rebuild all avatars automatically.

Thanks. Tried to upload it again before, but negligently selected the wrong, larger version (149kb) instead of the one tailored for this forum. Succeeded this time.

I notice one new feature is that we can now search content created by banned members. That can be useful, since not all banned members’ contributions were ipso facto valueless. For instance many of Q-reeus’s posts were good science: one I remember was when he put me on to the Brownian, or Feynman ratchet. It’s handy to able to retrieve such threads.

It can also help with identification of likely sockpuppets , e.g. our new “Rendered” is almost certainly Spellbound.

Last edited:
But there is apparently no longer a banned list. I presume mods retain the ability to ban or suspend troublesome posters, but can this be confirmed? Obviously it’s an important feature.

Back