Femininity and schitzophrenia

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Xev, Feb 22, 2004.

1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Xev:
    You? About me? Interesting. Very interesting.

Nebuchadnezzar:
    My dearest Nebu, have you not heard? Do you not know? You're supposed to be drooling on gendanken's pretty toes by now only because of this winning personality of mine, what is wrong with you?

Do you not find me alluring and sexually stimulating, do I not caputre your need to subdue me with your penis in this place, online, a forum where you can't even smell my hair? Never mind that its not only males that find your gendanken interesting but......I am just dying to make friends around here and somehow you don't fit the equation!! Riiiiiiight.

Disclaimer: those good old days a year ago of playing nice and creating disingenously wordy threads to make people like Gendanken are over, those were novice days. No more personality contest days my friends- now I don't give a shit what you think, how you think, why you think or when you do think them about me and the need to fit in is over. Have something well thougth out to discuss? Wonderful to see you! You going to post bullshit, pictures, and one liners? I dare you! Only those still stuck in in their need to advertise and win their audiance over with personality do cute things like come back to their original posts and edit them with huge fonts and sparkly colors to make them look more than what they are. Overmuch.

Recently I've had good returns on some other threads (and Nebuchadnezzar shame on you for shitting on my other one but I'm about *looks at watch* five seconds away from dealing with you there) so if anyone does not like my charming, winning personality with no intellect to base it on than please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't tell me since I would hate having to stop posting intellectually and go back to creating wordy threads about television to have the masses like me again. God I'm a whore.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

gendanken:
    No, about Wanderer.

No, it really isn't.

android:
    Rather that - I used it on a different message board to describe his behaviour. He's a dysfunctional peacock.
    Actually that thread was quite cute, for every time one attacks Wanderer one is simply besieged by private messages urging you on.
    Men are such awful pussies.

Ha! Right now he hasn't responded, fearing my hammer - siegerin bin ich, siege durch stolz und treue. One learns not to prance when one has armor on one's back.

Quite right, although it doesn't work in the obverse --> women bore me to death.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

Well, in some ancient Goddess worshipping communities, social structure was matriarchal. Kids took their mother's names, men were often sacrificed to a goddess figure, the majority of the places of power were given to women, et cetera. Well, this is all but completely gone from the face of the earth, thanks to the rise of monotheistic male-deity religions that stamped out such things as 'paganistic'. Before you quibble with me here, take a close look at the images of ideal women in Islam scripture or Christian scripture (two examples). Just look at the submissive 'good mother' figure of Mother Mary and how it's looked up to. Mary doesn't go out, strip naked, paint her skin with cremation ashes, strap on blades to her many-armed body, and go out to slaughter evil. She bears the baby Christ, (often portrayed with a submissive, downcast expression which is apparently supposed to be sacred) and is generally a good mom and wife.

Only in Hinduism does the notion of an independent, dominating-husband-less female figure such as Kali (the above description of a many-armed, blade-wielding, ash-painted apparaition) or Durga remain popular. Yet in Western societies, this ancient religion is despised and ridiculed as "New Age", and this ridicule is hidden under a mask of hypocritical political correctness (utterings of "Hey dude, it's all good, all people deserve the freedom of religion, y'know, you believe what you want" while chuckling at the thought of anyone who would take Hinduism seriously) while bookstores calmly place all books on Hinduism, or even meditation guides in the "New Age" section along with Wicca and books on how to contact ghosts and UFO's.

Forget all the bullshit you heard about chivalry in the Middle Ages. Let's face it. The overwhelming majority of anything nice or decent that men have done to women in history have been for one purpose: To score "chicks". And a quite large portion of indecent things have been for the same purpose as well.

At the risk of sounding like a radical lesbian feminist, I will say now that women have always been chained down in many ways in society. Lower pay, lower positions, short end of the stick in promotions, et cetera are all standard and have been screamed out in the street too many times, so I will spare you that much. The notion of a 'perfect female', and thus the body-chiseling, the blondie stereotype, the "airhead" stereotype, the different words used to describe promiscuous people (men are called "studs" or "playas", while women are called "sluts" or "whores" ... one gender is being so much more despised for the same thing, no?), et cetera and all these subtle social influences all form tiny links to a vast network of chains. The Judeo-Christian/Muslim god has chained down the poor Goddess and is now quickly strapping her mouth shut.

The notion of "femininity" is dead if you mean that it's flawed and doesn't make sense. The notion of "femininity" is certainly very much alive if you're thinking in terms of the amount of influence it has.

*looks at the strapped-down Goddess*

You could at least get her some Kool-Aid, you poor doofs. :bugeye:

8. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Xev:
    Oh really now? MUHAHAHAHHHAHA, this in fact is the most guttaral laugh out of me yet, the people in here (in the computer lab) are probaly thinking gendanken is diseased.

SO! From muskrat, to cockroach, to the biggest fly in here Behold this armored anthropod we call Wanderer. "Dysfucntional peacock" is only bad taxonomy.

Android:
    Oh where oh where is my Adrio ? Wherefore art thou Andrio (you fucking coward) with your "mousetraps" and gibberish?

Maia:
    And it is this that is both repulsive and lucrative.

Do not blame it on Western culture or even recent times, though- Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, Assyrian, Chinese, even Hindu culture is replete with mythology praising the doe eyed grace, the submissiveness and beauty of women.

You've also fucked up on Hindu beliefs being the only ones telling of "independent" women: Greek, Nordic, Mexican, Celtic virtually any mythology you can think of cross-culturally features women as clever witches with no boundries.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

Gendanken:
    He has a point - he said "current" myths - but even there the Hindus probably don't get into Kali-worship as heavily as they might have once.

Android is probably off trying to court Wanderer by appealing to Achilles or Apollo or Plato or some such shit.

That's so.
    Well frankly I find the "warrior chick" routine annoying too. Fucking avuncular. "Ooh, you're not like other women".

-Edit
    You are diseased. Ha!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  10. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Xev:
    No shit. But its a lovely disease of Jaksonian seizures and Turret's.
    Funny how most on the outside would look on this and quickly mislabel it with 'self hate', that is what fascinates me the most.

Point taken- its been awhile, but I know the older gods have been put away in favor of Krishna and his avatars mostly.

You really have no idea how I'm dying for the little bitch to show his face around here again, I'd be so civil.

"Viscious interlopers" indeed, fuck you you little worm.

** EDIT***

I really do hate this layout. Awful.

11. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Bells, I find you laughable.
    android_, logic tells me you are the wandering fool, or it could be that your head is so far up his ass I cannot differiante between the two of you.

Aside from that, some surprises, and intriguing stuff here and there, but I shall let it rest for now.