Dogs.

Got a staffordshire cross with Labrador i *think* and Ted who looks like a yorkshire terrier with black hair. Alfie(big one) is Ted's uncle. Like Scooby and Scrappy Doo they really are. I got them from a shelter, good as gold.

I noticed an interesting new behaviour from my dog (a terrier)When he entered the field (on a lead) he hunkered down in the medium long grass (about 6-8 inches) for a few seconds, got up and moved a few feet and hunkered down again .

He repeated this a few times.

Is that common behaviour? It reminds me of commando behaviour .

A lot of sniffing the air too.

He is 11 months old and I am wondering if he is moving out of his frenetic puppy behaviour now (thank god hopefully)

I noticed an interesting new behaviour from my dog (a terrier)When he entered the field (on a lead) he hunkered down in the medium long grass (about 6-8 inches) for a few seconds, got up and moved a few feet and hunkered down again .

He repeated this a few times.

Is that common behaviour? It reminds me of commando behaviour .

A lot of sniffing the air too.

He is 11 months old and I am wondering if he is moving out of his frenetic puppy behaviour now (thank god hopefully)
My littlest Ted, spins around before he has a poo! You've got a dog with a bit of character which is priceless.

He's hunting: using the longer grass for cover. You see animals doing this in the wild (lions, tigers.)

Dogs turn around a few times before they lie and sleep so they have their bearings: so they know where they are when they wake. I was also told it's so ymthey flatten the grass.

Unless your dog disappears you haven't got a problem. :)

...but it's difficult to know if it has disappeared, because no-one will be looking at it. :)

Last edited:
Back