Do you believe in Dinosaurs ?

They conflict because you believe the koran is the word of god. This supposed word of god makes no mention of what we have found to be reality,ie that dinosaurs existed and that we have evolved over millions of years.

today in the morning i found out the reality that i have a serious dandruff problem, when i searched the quran and found no mention of it, i stopped believing in the quran, and i turned atheist. (for like, what? the third time?)

thanks for leading the way jpappl.:D

That is why I ask the question. If you truly want to believe that the koran is the word of god, then you have to answer the question about dinosaurs NO.
but i just DID answer it yes!! so now what? you ask the question and tell me what i have to answer?

Because you can't believe in both.

FOR THE ZILLIONTH TIME..WHY?

look, let me lay it out for you, to say that two things contradict each other, like your previous assertion, you need to knew the first thing: dinosaurs, the second thing; the quran, and thirdly compare them in the context you want to prove contradictory, and reach a conclusion.

you seem to know nothing of the quran.

you might as well know nothing of dinosaurology.

but you know for a fact that they contradict, which is the point of the thread.

then comes ignorance:

either cured by you dropping your claim.

or by you actually doing some research.

or not cured at all, and join the club of sciforums:D

Of course if you answer the question NO, you would look like a fool. So kudos for not doing that.
:roflmao:

why thank you a lot..

But now, we have a problem. Your religious text and your basis for your belief in god makes no mention of what has been discovered.
no huosten, we have problems:

1-the quran doesn't give the last number in pi.

2-it doesn't say if donkeys have more hair on their bodies than horses or not.

3-it doesn't say anything whatsoever about the secret karate move passed down by generations of the shaolin monks.

4-it doesn't give the exact process of boiling an egg.

5-it doesn't contain a chapter on dinosaurs.

for those exact five reasons, the quran is FALSE, and not the word of god, and stuff like what's mentioned in heh heh heh is irrelative. (otherwise it wouldn't be in the cesspool)

Obviously it is not the word of god, but of ignorant humans.
agreed.

Correct, I want to separate out the true creationists from the rest. Because there is no sense in trying to have a rational reasoned based discussion with a creationist.
And regretably it is clear that one cannot have a rational discussion with someone as irrational as you. The religious books such as the Koran and the Bible are wholly compatible with the findings of science unless one is a member of one of those peculiar fundamentalists groups who take everything literally.

They are works of history and myth and morals. They are more about how to live ones life than about how that life came about. There is simply no incompatibility. Your insistence that there is suggests you are suffering from a worse case of dogma than most fundamentalists. Shame really, the rest of your posts are generally sensible.

Ophiolite
non-Christian
non-Muslism
non-theist

Devout agnostic (on evidential grounds)

unless one is a member of one of those peculiar fundamentalists groups who take everything literally.

Which is why I just said to separate them out.

They are works of history and myth and morals.

Yep

They are more about how to live ones life than about how that life came about.

To most, but to some they do take them literally. That is why I ask if they believe the texts are the literal words of god.

When they answer yes, which some here have, then there is a contradiction.

What was genesis about. What are other creation myths about.

There is defintely a contradiciton between believing the texts are the literal words of god and believing in dinosaurs.

That's why more intelligent theists tend not to be fundamentalists.

scifes,

no huosten, we have problems:

1-the quran doesn't give the last number in pi.

2-it doesn't say if donkeys have more hair on their bodies than horses or not.

3-it doesn't say anything whatsoever about the secret karate move passed down by generations of the shaolin monks.

4-it doesn't give the exact process of boiling an egg.

5-it doesn't contain a chapter on dinosaurs.

for those exact five reasons, the quran is FALSE, and not the word of god, and stuff like what's mentioned in heh heh heh is irrelative. (otherwise it wouldn't be in the cesspool)

Don't care about any of the above except number 5.

The rest is nonsense.

Besides, anyone who thinks it's possible to write a literal account of the creation of the world in 300 words (the length of the Genesis creation story) is mad.

The question is do you believe the genesis creation story ?

Do you think it is fact (literal) or just a story ?

Because Noah supposedly saved a pair of all species.
a pair of all existing species maybe..
scifes,

The rest is nonsense.
i think they're all nonsense.

Do you think it is fact (literal) or just a story ?
ok i can see your whole argument is to Christians and incompatible with the quran so i think i'll just leave you to it.

i don't know, i mean they could've existed, died out, then humans and noah came along.

i don't know, i mean they could've existed, died out, then humans and noah came along.

Well, you see, that reply was meant for Orleander. If you are going to answer it be sure you know the context.

Here:
why can't a person just believe the dinosaurs died out in the great flood?

Well then they have to believe dinosaurs walked the earth with humans and bears and chimpanzees and sheep.

Enmos said:
Because Noah supposedly saved a pair of all species.

Scifes

“ Originally Posted by jpappl
scifes,

The rest is nonsense. ”

i think they're all nonsense.

So now you don't believe in dinosaurs. Are you waffling on the question.

I think you are beginning to see that the quran story of creation and reality do not line up, therefore the story is false, and is not the words of god.

This is what in fact causes people who want to stay deluded and in denial, to say they don't believe in dinosaurs. It's the only way to make the story appear valid again.

“ Originally Posted by jpappl

Do you think it is fact (literal) or just a story ? ”

ok i can see your whole argument is to Christians and incompatible with the quran so i think i'll just leave you to it.

That question was to Fiicere, who is a christian.

Same question to you.

I know you believe the quran is the words of god. So do you believe the 6 day creation story as literal fact ?

Back