Darwinist's Dilemma (Are I.D. Biologists Legit?)

The wild sheep have disgusting personal habits, so the domestic sheep won't mate with them. ;)

Darn. I said that prior, but I think Sam took down my post again. I think it must be her way of telling me I should work more on my manuscripts. ;)

Anyway, this is basically true IAC: pre-zygotic reproductive isolation. Domestic sheep don't recognize the wild sheep as being "sheep". They fall into the category of "not-like-me", and so are instantly excluded. Presumably the threshold for acceptance in canids is a bit lower.

Darn. I said that prior, but I think Sam took down my post again. I think it must be her way of telling me I should work more on my manuscripts. ;)

Anyway, this is basically true IAC: pre-zygotic reproductive isolation. Domestic sheep don't recognize the wild sheep as being "sheep". They fall into the category of "not-like-me", and so are instantly excluded. Presumably the threshold for acceptance in canids is a bit lower.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=66561

I totally sympathise on the manuscripts; I'm working on the discussion page on mine :bawl:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=66561

I totally sympathise on the manuscripts; I'm working on the discussion page on mine :bawl:

But the insult doesn't work if it's not in context. :( Shouldn't people who just want to see a debate about sheep be bombarded with off-topic humour about the sexual preferences of [ENC]invert_nexus[/ENC]?

I generally work all over mine, several at a time. This explains why I suck at submitting things. Supposed to have sent two more; nada still, because I can't concentrate on any one of them. Dunno why. FFS. And I got some student's article back again because the journal doesn't get the evolutionary implications. Ridiculous. Duhr.

But the insult doesn't work if it's not in context. :( Shouldn't people who just want to see a debate about sheep be bombarded with off-topic humour about the sexual preferences of [ENC]invert_nexus[/ENC]?

I dunno; seem to get more interesting my way.

I generally work all over mine, several at a time. This explains why I suck at submitting things. Supposed to have sent two more; nada still, because I can't concentrate on any one of them. Dunno why. FFS. And I got some student's article back again because the journal doesn't get the evolutionary implications. Ridiculous. Duhr.

How do you ever get stuff done like that?

I start with figures, results, methods, introduction and then weave everything into a discussion.

That's the thing; I don't. I have a load of MSs waiting to be completed. It's ridiculous. I think I bite off more than I can chew, really.

Incorrect. Domestic sheep cannot hybridize with wild sheep, from which they descended. That's my whole point.

Presumably the threshold for acceptance in canids is a bit lower.
That's true. I've slept with some dogs in my time.

Author's note: If you can't be politically incorrect when you are pushing 59 how can you get any fun out of life?:eek:

Incorrect. Domestic sheep cannot hybridize with wild sheep, from which they descended. That's my whole point.

So, my devastating example is being ignored. Noah :rolleyes: must have had to gather both domestic and wild sheep, since they are separate "syngameons", since they cannot have viable offspring. How many other examples does this apply to? Care to update your theory, IAC?

Back