Cat Growing Wings

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
whoa! How would this happen due to grooming habits??
cat_wings.widec.jpg

...Strange as the case may sound, winged felines are not unheard of. Back in August 2008, the U.K. Telegraph reported that tomcats in China's Sichuan province developed wing-like growths on their backs.

Veterinary experts said then that despite the hard inner core, the "wings" don't harm cats' quality of life or safety. According to the Telegraph's report, scientists believe the appendages developed due to grooming habits, a genetic defect or a hereditary skin condition....

Lick yourself, learn to fly?

Orleander said:

How would this happen due to grooming habits??

Haven't you ever watched a cat lick itself?

No, not there. On its back and sides.

Still, I think grooming habits is a poor explanation. If the wings are "bony", as the article suggests, there's something else going on.

Perhaps we are witnessing the rise of the tiassas. Give 'em time. If nature actually follows a course that sets these cats airborne, well, I'll be mightily impressed.

the previous one recorded was also in China. What's up with China??? Its liek those deformed babies in India.

Rear spoilers..... better cornering, traction and increased speed. Is nature attempting to redesign the perfect mousetrap (catcher)?

Perhaps we are witnessing the rise of the tiassas.
Sounds more like the work of Tiassa, inc.
:mufc:

What's up with China???
Well, it is the nation that spilled 100 tons of benzene into the Songhua River and just sort of told the people living along it Ah, just quit drinking the water for a while... it's a RIVER - the stuff will go away.

Plus, look at the fun stuff that "accidentally" ends up in the products they export. God only knows what's sneaking into what they manufacture for their own population.

I mean - what with a billion and a half or so of the sons of bitches, it's not as though they'll be adversely affected if a few million or so drop dead along their glorious march to superpowerdom.

:D

GE experiments in flying cats, maybe:)...alternatively, Nature giving cats a hand up to catch more birds...:cool:

There's a big article in Wikipedia about the various processes of cat-wing growth.

Last edited:
Back