Aw, come on guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

One Hissy Kitty
Registered Senior Member
This forum CAN'T be dead!

Hey, I've got a cat. Somebody get a box and a bottle of poison and let's prove Schroedinger wrong!

Well? Any offerings to help it along? This IS the General Science and Technology Forum. Has anybody here ever built a robot? I started to once, but had a problem keeping the little moron from keeling over. No gyro mechanism. I still want to build one, though. Honda built a bipedal 'bot that does pretty good at walking. It could even navigate up and down stairs without a problem. They're trying to hook up with MIT for the brain.

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited January 14, 2000).]

Sounds good. I'll start a topic on Robots and AI.

Oxigen,

I saw that Honda 'bot on PBS too. I was very impressed by the mechanics, but its only motivation was the engineer's hand on its joy stick (feel free to run with that last part).

I also read an interesting article last week which described the mechanics and design of a robotic snake. This idea struck me as being one of the more practicle robotic designs yet.

------------------
It's all very large.

I never really thought about robotic snakes, but now that you mention it, they'd be great for looking for trapped people after earthquakes and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back