About the Members Round 11: SAM

Genuine questions:
Hah!

Do you consider yourself a brave person?
Nope, but don't make me angry. :D

Do you think that living a life which does nothing significant to change how others live is a life wasted?
I think apathy is criminal

What current country resembles to you the closest thing to a utopian society?

None, though Bombay before the riots in '92 was ideal

If you could assassinate one person and get away with it, who would it be and why?
Isabella and Ferdinand. Okay thats two people. Would have avoided the Inquisition, the Spanish destruction of the Mayan and Incas and the slaughter of the native Americans

Do you have some sort of secret trick to reading Arabic? You know, the trick that changes, inserts, or removes certain words to suit one's convenience?
Yeah, its called a dictionary.

Hola again, Sam!

Just an idea, can we copy paste this links into the opening thread everytime
we start "About the Member Round x"? And then the next one will continue
copy-pasting the latest 10 link or so on..

Good idea.

Challenger, you know what to do.

S.A.M., do you believe in God?

S.A.M., what Hindu song makes your soul dance?

Indian_dancer.gif

S.A.M., what time in your life was most favorable?

your amazing at making lists and keeping records, inzomnia

I like ordnung, lol :p Nothing amazing though, everyone can do this.
Anyway I just thought of it when I saw it:

Sam,
Hello, so this is the place I get to ask you a few questions? Which questions will those be? Can I think of 13 good questions to ask?

Btw, your new avatar is funny draq :D (Absane's also!).

Ok sorry for this intermezzo. Pls skip it... ;)

Do you know my user, SAM? Or have you never heard of me? :D

I know we've never fought. But I know you. :)

I meant assassinate a person who's alive today. (You can't assassinate a dead person!)

Nah, too much a coward, what would the repercussions be? Would it cause more people to die? If people died due to my foolish idealism, I could never forgive myself. I would rather fight with words.

S.A.M., do you believe in God?
Yup, why is this still in doubt?

S.A.M., what Hindu song makes your soul dance?

Aaah so many! But specifically, this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BPHl_120gw

Lyrics and translation
http://premavatar.tripod.com/bhakti/ojjh.html

S.A.M., what time in your life was most favorable?
I had the most beautiful childhood anyone can ever be blessed with. The first 16 years of my life, I would not exchange for anything.

• If you could be the president of your country, what would you change about it?
  • Is caste system applied for the whole people in India? For example, whether it is also applied for moslem? :confused:
  • If you could be the president, what would you do about it (the caste system)?

Thx!

S.A.M, how can you accept something with no scientific proof?

and if you were picking pellets of a flower and one by one the pellets fell until the last pellet left, meant that you were not going to reach your destiny...what would you do/think than?

image003.jpg

Hi SAM,
Is there any world cuisine on a par with Indian, if not which goes closest?

What is your favourite dish/es?

Nah, too much a coward, what would the repercussions be? Would it cause more people to die? If people died due to my foolish idealism, I could never forgive myself. I would rather fight with words.

The repercussions are up in the air. I'd suggest the iron-fist approach: kill, and ask questions later. ;)

---

Who is the greatest warrior in history? Hint: His name starts with an "H".

If you could travel back in time and visit one event in history, which event would it be?

What person (past or present) exemplifies best your outlooks on the world?

Are you a TNT? :bugeye:

inzomnia:

[*]If you could be the president of your country, what would you change about it?
The investment in education, infrastucture and commitment to peace and disarmament.

[*]Is caste system applied for the whole people in India? For example, whether it is also applied for moslem? :confused:

Yes, also Christians and probably Parsis and Jews. Its called money.

[*]If you could be the president, what would you do about it (the caste system)?
Education. The varana system was never supposed to be hierarchial, only a system of social organisation.

S.A.M, how can you accept something with no scientific proof?

Because scientific proof has its limits. I never confuse the application of the scientific method with the search for truth.

and if you were picking pellets of a flower and one by one the pellets fell until the last pellet left, meant that you were not going to reach your destiny...what would you do/think than?
I guess I'd pine away disconsolately, or some such.

Spudster:
Hi SAM,
Is there any world cuisine on a par with Indian, if not which goes closest?

What is your favourite dish/es?

I'm crazy about Malaysian and Japanese cuisine. Also love Korean food (bulgogi, gim bop, uhhhh)

Favorite is bony fish in coconut sauce with red chillies with pan fried Bombay duck.

Also Japanese sushi.

Kadark:

The repercussions are up in the air. I'd suggest the iron-fist approach: kill, and ask questions later. ;)

That would be a pretty pointless approach to changing the world.

Who is the greatest warrior in history? Hint: His name starts with an "H".
Mine is Chengez Khan. I don't know yours.

If you could travel back in time and visit one event in history, which event would it be?
The splitting of the moon.

What person (past or present) exemplifies best your outlooks on the world?
Khadija, she was a gutsy woman who knew what she wanted and staked her life on it.

Are you a TNT?

No a TMT. Too Much Trouble. :D

Last edited:
That would be a pretty pointless approach to changing the world.

Do you believe that peacemaking ultimately results in stability and peace, or that some forces only respond to war?

Mine is Chengez Khan. I don't know yours.

No, I mean as an individual fighter. Genghis was a brilliant commander, but who's to say he could actually throw himself into a pile of enemies and come out victorious? Mine would be Hamzah. To be named the "Lion of Allah" by companions and enemies alike is no small accomplishment.

Do you believe that peacemaking ultimately results in stability and peace, or that some forces only respond to war?

I think the world is like an extended family many times over.

No, I mean as an individual fighter. Genghis was a brilliant commander, but who's to say he could actually throw himself into a pile of enemies and come out victorious? Mine would be Hamzah. To be named the "Lion of Allah" by companions and enemies alike is no small accomplishment.

Duh.

S.A.M. why are you online for so long? What will you remember when time catches up to you...sciforum webpages? Wouldn't you rather run happily across fields of Indian flowers and sing into the Himalayan mountain range?

Height? Weight? Eye colour? Hair colour? Race?

What's your favourite music?

What's your favourite colour?

What pisses you off?

S.A.M. why are you online for so long? What will you remember when time catches up to you...sciforum webpages? Wouldn't you rather run happily across fields of Indian flowers and sing into the Himalayan mountain range?

Hopefully, I can be free soon. :p

Though the fields and mountains will have to wait a bit more.

Height? Weight? Eye colour? Hair colour? Race?

All average.
What's your favourite music?
Ghazals
What's your favourite colour?
sheesh! Purple already!

What pisses you off?

People who ask questions without reading the thread. :mad:

Last edited:
S.A.M., rain falls on your shoulders, rain pours down all over your clothes, its warmth matches your body temperature...do you embrace the rain or do you hate it for making you wet?

7264.jpg

Back