Abortion and the Death Penalty

I am :

• For abortion and for the death penalty.

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Against abortion and against the death penalty.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Against abortion and for the death penalty.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • For abortion and against the death penalty.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
In the part where you say that humans are better than animals.

It is wrong to not properly care the children, but killing them or taking away their
right to be born isn't right either. Unlike other animals, human are equipped with
better brain
and hence the capacity to work and raise their children properly.

I am sorry, Enmos, but human are equipped with better brain than animals,
which implied that inability of providing proper care for children should not be
used as an excuse to do abortion, because human are basically equipped with
the ability to work etc.

I am sorry, Enmos, but human are equipped with better brain than animals,
which implied that inability of providing proper care for children should not be
used as an excuse to do abortion, because human are basically equipped with
the ability to work etc.

How do you define a "better brain" ?

Capacity to read, write, make factory, produce goods, doing agriculture, etc. :shrug:

And if an animal lacks those skills it is ok to kill them ?
Besides, a fetus can do none of those things.
And there are animals that in fact do practice agriculture and that do produce goods.

There are a lot of animals that have skills that humans don't have as well.

I'm 'for abortion' because I hate children and I hate 16 year old mothers! [/generalisation]

Inzomnia, I am merely asking for people to be consequent in their reasoning.
If it's not ok to kill embryos it's definitely not ok to kill animals.

And if an animal lacks those skills it is ok to kill them ?
Besides, a fetus can do none of those things.
And there are animals that in fact do practice agriculture and that do produce goods.

There are a lot of animals that have skills that humans don't have as well.

Enmos, you did know what I mean. I am sorry, but this is ridiculous.

Inzomnia, I am merely asking for people to be consequent in their reasoning.
If it's not ok to kill embryos it's definitely not ok to kill animals.

The topic at hand is abortion (of baby). We aren't talking about killing animals.
Not that we can't discuss about that. One can always make thread about that.

The topic at hand is abortion (of baby). We aren't talking about killing animals.
Not that we can't discuss about that. One can always make thread about that.

I think the comparison is important for the discussion.
Sometimes you have to take a detour to arrive at the desired destination ;)

Comparison of what? Or are you saying that animals' killing can be used to justify abortion?

I am against abortion, except under some very very extreme circumstances (e.g. death risk of mother).

I don't mind death penalty. I don't mind the guy who molested his daughter for years to be executed. He should.

Comparison of what? Or are you saying that animals' killing can be used to justify abortion?

I am against abortion, except under some very very extreme circumstances (e.g. death risk of mother).

I don't mind death penalty. I don't mind the guy who molested his daughter for years to be executed. He should.

No, I'm saying that being against abortion is hypocritical if you think it's fine to kill animals.

Haeckel_drawings.jpg

I'm off now :wave:

No, I'm saying that being against abortion is hypocritical if you think it's fine to kill animals.

I'm off now :wave:

To discuss this aspect with you and all other atheists are actually useless, because
we have different view on hierarchy of living things. When I mentioned human as
other animals, that is only from biological point of view (as flesh). I am saying
that babies have right to live just like you and me.

It is wrong to not properly care the children, but killing them or taking away their
right to be born isn't right either.

Precisely. This is why I know God is OK with abortion or how could he put babies he wanted to live in the wombs of people who will abort them. And we know, we know that a loving God will keep that aborted baby in Heaven for all time. Heaven, foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. A minute of pain is nothing in relation to that.

Does this mean that since you support abortion, you also support killing animals?

Precisely. This is why I know God is OK with abortion or how could he put babies he wanted to live in the wombs of people who will abort them. And we know, we know that a loving God will keep that aborted baby in Heaven for all time. Heaven, foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. A minute of pain is nothing in relation to that.

As babies are innocent, if they die certainly they shouldn't go to hell :crazy:

Think about it: all those poor people in the world, why they don't just commit suicide?

To discuss this aspect with you and all other atheists are actually useless, because
we have different view on hierarchy of living things.

Ah-hem, this atheist thinks Enmos is being pretty batty when it comes to this and we do prioritize humans above animals.

As babies are innocent, if they die certainly they shouldn't go to hell :crazy:
Which is clearly what I said. All Christians should have no problem with abortion. The baby goes directly to heaven. It has no chance to sin and therefore cannot end up in Hell. More happy people in Heaven. Perfect.
Think about it: all those poor people in the world, why they don't just commit suicide?
Obviously you can be poor and have sinned. Simple caution dictates, well, caution. Further you can't kill yourself, that is a sin. But if you are good and killed by someone else, you go to Heaven. Pretty simple actually.

Back