Zombie problem solved

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by domesticated om, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

hahaha

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

Seriously though how does one stop a zombie from having rotting brains?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I don't know...dig them out with an ice cream scoop...? Then they won't have any!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If a Zombie is brainless (mostly rotting) why do they feel the need to eat? It doesn't make sense. The brain animates the body and sends hunger signals, so why does a Zombie crave human flesh? Maybe Zombies are really controlled by aliens...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Are you mad? The Zombie Survival Guide specifically states that flamethrowers should be avoided. Too heavy; and besides which, since the zombies don't care about fire particularly, all you'll be doing is turning them into walking Roman candles, all slouching directly at you!

Good God, man! Do you honestly expect to survive the imminent zombocalypse? Buy a .22 calibre pistol. Cheap, lightweight, bullet can't re-exit the skull so it bounces around the inside. Perfek!

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually, the zombie writer types have an explanation for that: the five minutes until reanimation kills all the brain cells responsible for higher brain function, leaving only that drooling, staring lizard amygdala and the basal ganglia; which only, the device goes, knows how to fight, kill and eat.

Nice device, but utter bollocks, of course.

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Major firepower is the order of the day:
    Denel's 20mm Neopup P.A.W. - don't accept 2nd best.

1. Practice and Practice Tracer
    2. H.E.I (High explosive incendiary)
    3. SAPHEI (Semi Armour Piercing high explosive incendiary)
    4. A.P.C.T (Armour Piercing Capped Tracer)

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You'd have to get all the zombies to line up for that weapon to be any use. How many rounds can you carry?

That's it. If even Oli can't be counted on, none of you are getting into my zombieproof townhouse.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

The HEI round has a fragmentation and explosive effect - takes a lot of 'em out in one go.

Hmmm, safely guarded by your...
    I mean NOT guarded by 6ft tall lizards.
    The ones that don't exist.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Assuming the fragments hit the head. Will hydraulic shock kill a zombie?

Those are the very ones.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

(1) followed up by (2) should do the trick for those annoying and pesky everyday, common-house zombies.

The question is, how do we stop the zombie Jesus from eating brains?

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Or just shreds/ pulps them.
    Zombies don't function too well when they're geography...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  15. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I'd think you'd be better off making a kevlar suit. The weight of chainmail makes it unattractive, and I am pretty sure it relies on gravity to hold it down. I.e., once you have toprn off those black straps, you can just lift up the segments to get to the chewy goodness of the future zombie inside. Kevlar would be easier to make a fill and sealed suit out of it. If it stops a bullet, it should be able to stop a tooth.

What is it about rotting brains that makes them cannibals though? Why don't they trash local supermarkets if they are hungry and instead try to run down their former friends? Even animals without the higher brain functions of men do not engage in cannibalism of the living as a regular practice, so why would brain rot do so?

It seems to me the disease has to *implant* that desire affirmatively in the brain, not merely rot away what's there until some latent cannibalistic impulse is left, because there is no evidence for such an inbred impulse.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  16. Tnerb Banned Banned

Question:

Does having nothing between the eyes so to speak count as having a CH (crim history)?
    AT the moment I can't think of anything that guy there did to um not deserve to wear that suit

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hmm. I really don't know.

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

:shrug:

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

I'm a goof?

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I suppose it does take some higher functions (though not many) to unwrap something or stick it in the microwave.

I think the eating would be more a "basic" response - hunting and eating being one of the more basic ones.

22. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I suppose, but who wants to toddle around in one of those Kevlar suits looking like the Stay Puft marshmellow man? I mean how much mobility do you have in something that makes you look like a fat sausage? Are you going to roll away from the Zombies? And...if your going to be using the flame-thrower, couldn't you accidently catch yourself on fire? Plus, hate to say it, but my Neptunic shark suit looks wayyy cooler

Because then they wouldn't be Zombies, duh! They would just be mentally-challenged hungry people

I'm sticking with my Alien theory. A greater force is encouraging the flesh-eating urges of all those pesky Zombies.

23. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

that and me punching holes in it with my righteous fists of fury. the suit is definitely useful against vintage zombies, but if we're fighting 28 days later/left 4 dead zombies, skip the suit, break out the chainsaws and m249's.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009