Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Adam, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

As you all are no doubt aware, Zimbabwe is currently ruled by Robert Mugabe, a racist dictator who wishes to remove all white people from his country.

Most of the good farming land is owned by white people. Is this fact alone evidence of unfair activities by white people there, or is it simply an indication of superior land management? Is Mugabe right or wrong to have white people evicted, beaten, imprisoned, simply for being white?

Anyone want to provide the data? I've done a lot of data-hunting and typing in the past few days, I need a break.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

There are black landowners who are competitive with the white farmers who are not being evicted, albeit they're in a minority. Mugabe perceives the current situation as neo-colonialism, whereas some of it is post-colonialism and the rest is just a regular imbalanced capitalist agrarian situation. He claims his land drive is aimed at correcting colonial injustice that left 70% of the best farmland in the hands of a few thousand white farmers.

A couple of points from memory:
    1. A considerable amount of this 70% was actually purchased by whites after independence, with the tacit approval of the ZANU-PF government.
    2. The media repeatedly refer only to the 4,000 or so white farmers who are being displaced. Almost forgotten in this conflict are some 300,000 farm employees, nearly all non-white, who if anything have suffered even more at the hands of the occupying "war veterans".
    3. Not that anyone seems to care very much, but a number of Zimbabwe's private game parks (and thus a significant amount of Southern Africa's remaining wild habitat) are included in the land being seized. Various reports I've read indicate that the wildlife on them is being slaughtered for food and the land converted to subsistence farming (most often cattle grazing or crude plots of maize). IMO, this is one more brick in the road to early extinction for the black rhino, to use just one example.
    Nobody appears to be in any doubt that land reform must take place, and many of the white farmers are in agreement. However, what Mugabe is doing is not reform, it is theft. The beneficiaries have no farming expertise, and the farms that have been taken over are going to waste. I don't think anyone who knows the situation could say that there is anything fair or just about the chaotic land "redistribution" process there, and Mugabe's claim that it somehow redresses colonial injustices is a flat-out lie. The seized land in the main is not being targeted for redistribution to "landless blacks," but instead to Mugabe's cronies.

The bottom line, IMHO, is that whatever the argument for redistribution (and the dispossessed farmers, through the Commercial Farmer's Union, have repeatedly stated their acceptance of an orderly land reform scheme), Mugabe's lawless policy of letting the "war veterans" do his dirty work has pretty much destroyed what is left of the country's economy.

:m: Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

What happened to Nkomo?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

When elections were held in 1980 Mugabe, heading the ZANU, became Zimbabwe's supreme leader based in part on his "freedom fighting" efforts and a lot of noble promises. In 1982, civil war broke out and Mugabe alleged that Nkomo, his former rival and head of the opposition ZAPU, was plotting a coup. Mugabe forced Nkomo out of office and arrested the members of the opposition (see, this is an old dog with no new tricks). Opposition supporters lashed out and the war started, lasting until 1987, when Mugabe accepted Nkomo as a figurehead (powerless) vice president and the opposition ZAPU ceased to be, transferring to ZANU-PF.

:m: Peace.

8. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Is Mugabe right or wrong to have white people evicted, beaten, imprisoned, simply for being white

Is that a question worth even thinking about ????

9. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Off Topic, but I love Zimbabwe...ian names.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Gollum Registered Member

The means Mugabe is using are wrong, that is undoubted but its interesting watching the big fuss being made about it all over the world.
    White people did what he is doing for years and called it colonisation.

And then the Aussie crickters have to kick up a big stink about their trip. Who would want to kill a bunch of white cricketers? Mugabe has other things to worry about.

11. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Ha! That's great syco. I agree with the general gist of this thread, Mugabe is a dangerous, twisted little jerk manipulating the white sins of the past in his personal, ignorant power trip. My wife used to live there, her white relatives gave up the farm and got out several years ago. Unfortunately, I dont' think Europeans are going to be able to help Africa's growing pains away from the ruins of colonialism. I wish the UN could survive with the strength and mandate to help them, but I don't know if it will.

13. Christian Sodomy Registered Senior Member

Black Supremacy/Nationalism

Black Supremacy/Nationalism:
    Fifth Annual Million Youth March to be held in New York City, Sept. 6, 2003

According to press releases from the march organizers: The March will be held in honor of Dr. Khallid Abdul Muhammed, and is being billed as a show of support for Robert Mugabe and his regime in Zimbabwe.

According to organizers, this years' march is being endorsed by Congresswomen Cynthia McKinney, Rev. Al Sharpton, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Robert Mugabe, Amiri Baraka, Snoop Dogg, Bone Thugs In Harmony, and others.

March organizers also boasts of endorsements from the Crips, Bloods, and numerous radical Nation of Islam splinter groups.

Organizers claim that 22 buses have been chartered from cities all over the nation. There will also be live "revolutionary rap, hip hop, and poetry."

TEN (10) POINT MILLION YOUTH MARCH NATIONAL PLATFORM

1. BLACK POWER AND UNITY: The call again is for Power for Black People and a demand for Unity. In order to achieve Black Power we must first have Unity (Umoja) and end the unnecessary divisions that keep us from making progress. We therefore organize for an Afrikan United Front...

http://www.millionyouth.com/index.html

Moderator edit: reduce length of quoted text

14. otheadp Banned Banned

The March ... is being billed as a show of support for Robert Mugabe and his regime in Zimbabwe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

that guy sucks major donkey. i can't believe anyone would support him.

15. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

The confiscation of land from the white farmers makes him understandably popular , his governmental failure is made detail because of this , or not even known .

Anyways Christian Sodomy do you have any point with all of this ?

16. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I can remotely understand that, but Mugaba plays a very faul game with the black opposition in the country as well, I guess the mugaba support is a matter of displaying some black power role model able to fight exploration by whites....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2003
  17. Christian Sodomy Registered Senior Member

Ghassan, my point with this is thus:

1. I support all nationalism, including the results of Robert Mugabe's actions. Kick white people out of Africa; that's fine. Africans will continue to exist without technology as they have for hundreds of thousands of years.

2. It's nice to get some non-white Nationalist links in here, for people to see how nationalism benefits every culture.

18. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

This is stupid statement.

BTW, Good post goofy.

MY take: Mugabe's methods of land distribution are obviously flawed, but so were the methods the colonists used to distribute the land when they came and conquered. Noone must assert that the confistication of land from the Whites is theft; it is not. Zimbabwe cannot and must not continue to function as if it were still a colony. I am not sure how to redistribute the land, but however it is done, the Whites should be compensated and must be encouraged to remain on some land as they exercise much more efficient ways of using the land. Although it is important to note they owned the best technology because they have more money and possessed better land. And Britain is making so much more noise because the land owners pay parliament.

19. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

Christian Sodomy
    1. I support all nationalism, including the results of Robert Mugabe's actions. Kick white people out of Africa; that's fine. Africans will continue to exist without technology as they have for hundreds of thousands of years.

Thats very nice that you support all nationalism , I dont . And why is it fine to kick white peoples out of Africa ? Are the problems they caused in Africa relatd to their white skin ? If not , when all those problems are solved , what is the reason for them not to be in Africa ? Because whites dont originate there ? Well they dont originate in Europe either , but rather somewhere between Batumi and Tiblisi .

2. It's nice to get some non-white Nationalist links in here, for people to see how nationalism benefits every culture.

How does nationalism benefit every culture ? I agree nationalism can benefit alot really , however mostly this would deal in an imperialized or post-colonized nation that is trying to balance out their inequalities . In most other cases however its nothing but a disturbing factor to the balance cultures & peoples have witing one society . Perhaps you simply suffer from a fear of anything different than yourself , and based on this you develop a justifyable doctrine seperating peoples and socalled races , no ?

Fountainhed

If they are already considered second rate citizens , there can surely be profited from the situation without compensating them . Mental enslavement would be an option , they would be forced to conduct the business for the nations profit etc .

Just chasing them away is stupid , and IMO its merely a populistic issue for Mugabe . If not in Zimbabwe then in NYC . Maybe he can join NGE or NOI one day .... lol

20. Christian Sodomy Registered Senior Member

Leave Africa to the Africans (and get them out of Europe, as they have no right to be there).

Mugabe's on the right track.

21. Christian Sodomy Registered Senior Member

1 - Africa for genetic Africans. That way they are preserved from dilution and consequent destruction.

2 - It prevents them from being absorbed by a global culture based in nothing but commerce and secularized Judeo-Christian values.

3 - You embarrassed yourself here. That old canard has no relevance.

22. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

1 - Africa for genetic Africans. That way they are preserved from dilution and consequent destruction.

And I repeat , its not genetics that has brought them in dilution and consequant destruction all these years .

And I ask you again , should Caucasians return to their original habitat as well ?

2 - It prevents them from being absorbed by a global culture based in nothing but commerce and secularized Judeo-Christian values.

There is no relation between their genetics & culture , nor values .

3 - You embarrassed yourself here. That old canard has no relevance.

Merely stating my supposed embarassement followed by a mere statement of disproval of some canard whatever that may mean , doesnt lead you anywhere .

and get them out of Europe, as they have no right to be there

Neither have Indo-Europeans by your logics . But please dont let that stop you from explaining why exactly Africans have no right to Europe ?

23. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Ghassan,
    Second class citizens??? Where did you get that from.

This is simple: Land MUST be redistributed or at least government owned and operated with the assistance and with some profit to, the current land owners, until at some time in the future when land can be auctioned. White zimbabweans are citizens of Zimbabwe. Kick them out to where???