ZERO Tolerance - religious V non religious

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Theoryofrelativity, Apr 6, 2006.

?

What are you

1. Religious

21.1%
  2. Athiest

50.0%
  3. Agnostic

7.9%
  4. No religion but believe in God

21.1%
  1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It's hard to talk with an ant, hence no reply.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Can you prove time to me? also can you prove space to me what is space?

Let me ask you a question do you believe in time and space?

In the next post I will show, how illogical your thinking is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

" I understand nature " thereby implying the rest don't understand nature? What makes you so 'special' that you understand what the rest do not?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I've done that already Muslim!

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

are you saying here that you are superior to Duendy?
    Comparing her to an 'ant' and you are what? meanwhile I thought you understood nature? You should therefore be able to communicate and have empathy with all?

9. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i am not saying babies are athiest. do you see me saying babies are athiest?

which is more like agosticism than athiesm, yes or no?
    agnostic = having no knowledge of..

as i said

ToR

i think you should relax a little, we are not all here to start a war.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

There is no such implication, besides I have no idea about what "rest" you are speaking of.
    I suspect, those who do understand fall in none of the categories mentioned above.

p.s. In your post you quoted me incorrectly and falsely, you left out one word.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I am relaxed, why do you presume otherwise? What misinterprettation are you undertaking to presume my mood? I expect controversy and opposition, hence the thread a versus b? "Jaw Jaw not war war "ay? (Churchill)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Avatar has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - ZERO Tolerance - religious V non religious - in the Religion forum of sciforums.com.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=53901&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    There is no such implication, besides I have no idea about what "rest" you are speaking of.
    Those who do understand fall in none of the categories mentioned above.

p.s. In your post you quoted me incorrectly and falsely, you left out one word

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

You said you are not: religious, athiest, agnostic, theist (non religious one), and that you understand nature, the 'rest' being those you stated you are 'neither of'. Hence, stating as you confirm again here, that no one in those catagories understands nature?

So u are special becuase you understand nature whereas those mentioned do not? What aspect of your understanding of nature is superior to mine?

14. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Babies are atheist at birth. They are without religion and without the belief of any gods.

My four-year old is a perfect atheist. She has no concept of a god nor does she care to have one. She doesn't "believe" there is no god any more than I believe there aren't igglelundermops on the planet orbiting a nearby star: she hasn't had the need to think about it.

We are all born as atheists until our parents (in most cases) abuse us with the mind virus of religion. Religious indoctrination amounts to nothing more than child-abuse. You can no more say a child is born Christian or Muslim than you can Republican or Democrat -they simply haven't the cognitive or critical thinking skills to understand what it means to be religious.

The reason its child abuse is because the human child is evolved to believe a parent without considerable question, particularly when at young age. "Don't walk near the cliff," "lions are dangerous," etc. This is an evolutionary advantage that we abuse by indoctrinating children with superstitions of the various faiths one is "born" into. The result is a world of hatred and violence.

15. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

granted ignorant is a better term, than agnostic but, and this is the important bit form my position; geeser or Kenny or someone was talking about baby athiests and my suggestion was agnostic is a better term than athiesm for what was being said at the time.

the speed of your grammar and the way you harangued me with little consideration of what i had actually said suggest a defensive atitude and i assume that you are in a slightly heightened perhaps somewhat over active state of awareness. if you are not being defensive and are in a heightend state why are you so quick to defend your already relaxed atitude.

you might as well have shouted I AM FUCKING RELAXED OKAY, TWAT. actually that might have been funnier and i may have thought you where relaxed and winding me up.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

TOR: You do it again. Now exploiting my 'post quick reply' trigger happy finger. I edited it in the second after posted as it can be seen by no "edited by" text below the message.
    The thing that you are quoting the notification email and not the actual post shows that you are a...
    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/nitpick.htm

I didn't say that and you know that, I said I suspect I do.
    I said no such thing. They may and they may not. They do not, if I am correct, but I don't know, if I am.
    Why special? You might ask, for example, Dalai Lama the same question. I'm in no way unique at all.
    You have understanding? I congratulate!

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Ahteism is a belief in no gods (that there are none), that is different than having no concept of gods.
    http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sourceid=Mozilla-search&va=atheism

I.e., atheism is a conscious choice to believe in no gods, but that requires having a concept of what god is in order to chose not to believe in it.

Lack of concept does not mean atheism, at least in the way that Webster tells.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

how do we know this?

there can be only one way to find out if religion in people is naturaly occuring or not

to the best of my knowledge that experiment has never been conducted

19. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

the burden of proof falls on your shoulders,
    Proving Existence or Non-Existence.

The existence of a thing can be conclusively proved by producing one single instance of the thing.

To put that another way: -
    When the existence of a thing is denied, This can be proven wrong by producing one single instance of the thing said not to exist

The non-existence of a thing can never be conclusively proved because there is always the theoretical assumption that the thing exists but has not been seen yet or it exists in a place that can not be visited. Unless all places in the universe have been visited and are being constantly observed, we can not be absolutely certain.

From this we can say that there are only two possible statements we can make about the existence of a thing:

The thing exists.

It is unknown if the thing exists or not.

It is not possible to prove that a thing "does not exist" without further qualifying criteria.

If a thing does NOT exist it can not leave any evidence of it's non-existence. Only things that DO exist can leave evidence. From this we can derive that conclusive proof can only come from the person that claims that a thing exists. It is nonsensical to demand proof of non-existence.
    atheism is'nt a label, atheism is individual, there is a commonality amongst atheist, but each has his own opinion, however atheism has a basic tenet. it's just a way of life, there are no clubs, no churches, atheism is what you are, before religion has taken hold, The word ATHEISM. is from the greek atheos a (without) and theos (god). just like babies.
    thats his opinion, though it's a good tenet to follow, it 'sounds more like buddahism.
    this is where you er, the natural order of things, exist whether your atheist or religious.
    however the atheist, just does'nt divert from the natural path, the path he was born with.
    no you are, I have done no such labeling.

you are right about thr prefix anti, however in this case it means thus.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Antitheist
    An`ti`the´ist
    A disbeliever in the existence of God.

http://www.formosa-translation.com/chinese/a/aa89.html
    antitheist

http://machaut.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/WEBSTER.sh?WORD=antitheist
    An`ti*the"ist,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism
    Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is a direct opposition to theism. The word has had a range of applications; in secular contexts, it typically refers to direct opposition to belief in any deity, while in theistic ones, it sometimes refers to opposition to the actual entity God.

it has nothing to do with religion.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

The concept of god is an archetype of the human psyche, it has occured in every culture and society that we have knowledge of and it has to do with human perception of the world, i.e., how our brain works.
    You can read on a topic related to this subject here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking

A bit of it:

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you deffinately need to work on interpretting cyber moods! I have no problem with your incorrect assumption, just wondered how u arrived at it?

22. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

how can you say something like

23. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Make up any definition you want, but a-theism means without- belief in a deity. Theism is the belief in a deity. Adding "a" means without or not.

For leo: that experiment need not be conducted (nor could it, ethically, since it would require control groups that are indoctrinated; others that aren't; etc). But if you ask my daughter what a god is, she will not have an answer for you. She is without a deity. An atheist from birth. And it'll stay that way unless she decides to change it at some point in the future.

Babies are atheist until someone indoctrinates them in some belief system that includes one or more deities. QED.