"Youths" riot, loot, burn Paris

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Nov 29, 2007.

1. otheadp Banned Banned

if you say the French gov't is segregating them on purpose, you have a mental disability. i mean, another one.

tell me, how come a certain group which shall remain nameless has been able to thrive despite (real and violent) racism and xenophobia and documented official policies prohibiting them from almost all industries, owning land, etc, and state-sanctioned violence against them?

what is it about these particular 'youths' that prevents them from thriving just the same way?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why do you think the cops abandoned the teenagers?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

huh?
    i'm not sure what you mean. but i know that over 80 cops have been injured by these teenagers. the rest, i suppose, ran away from them in fear for their lives. not 'abandoned' them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I guess you're unaware of why the riots started.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, SpAM, its all the infidel's fault, those poor Islamic Terrorist, oh excuse me kids have every right in the world to loot, burn, riot and kill, because they are Moslem, and Moslems have the right to chastise the Infidel for not paying the Jizya, and giving all of our property to the Believers of Allah when demanded, when will we ever learn, us stupid infidels.

9. countezero Registered Senior Member

I had to read three or four stories about this before I learned the "Youths" are generally adherants of Islam. Funny how the media works that way.

Sam, as usual, you have nothing to offer. Produce something that shows how the French government has segregationist policies or find another excuse for the despicable behaviour you're trying to rationalize.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Good for them, keep the government scared of you, not the other way around. Viva Le Resistance!

11. otheadp Banned Banned

that's a romantic notion.
    they got the government and the People scared of them.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Indeed and historically that means Viva the genocide comes next. This whole thing is not in their own best interests. They are a little premature(prone to happening to young males), they needed to wait till they were a majority. Just couldn't wait another generation.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are the people.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Reign of Terror?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

16. otheadp Banned Banned

they aren't The People. they are the guys who burn shit and shoot at cops.

the real People are locked up in their houses fearing for their lives. and not because the Cops / State are out to get them.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are citizens of France, the people of France.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Since it is up to each individual to determine and create their own quality of life, those youths should be handcuffed, thus clearly understanding their own position as well as the authorities.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I doubt anyone would take discrimination lying down on a sustained scale.

I think its terrible that the cops could leave those two teenagers to die after the crash.

That level of indifference to suffering makes one wonder how those people are treated are treated on a regular basis. The cops behaviour is not even being questioned in the media.

20. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I would that it were so simple. French identity politics are much more complex than the simple question of citizenship. Suffice it to say that when they refer to "French people," they're talking about the white, (post-)Christian people. The "youths" will typically be referred to as "Arabs" or "Africans," despite the fact that almost all were born in France, have lived their entire lives there, speak only French, etc. Contrast this with America, where the bar for cultural admission consists of little more than basic English proficiency and an appreciation of the fine art of the cheeseburger.

21. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

They're dumped in isolated suburbs and generally ignored (except when riots occur, of course). Immigration was choked off long ago, so the hope seems to be that if you just ignore the minorities, they'll eventually disappear. There is essentially zero police presense in most of these suburbs (except when riots occur, of course), and the politicians generally avoid addressing the situation or making any changes (except when... you get the idea). The French are polite enough to avoid blatantly racist displays, but there is no hesitation to quietly discriminate against them when it comes to hiring, promotion, etc. And, like marginalized minority groups everywhere, they tend to view the police not as defenders of rights and safety, but as enforcers of an oppressive system.

Not that riots are a productive response. What they need is a Martin Luther King or a Gandhi. Unfortunately, what they have are a bunch of angry young people with too much time on their hands.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is sad and harbors no good future prospects where repetition of such incidents is concerned.

23. countezero Registered Senior Member

Were you wearing your Che T-shirt when you typed that?